How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hua_Hui

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My house car ish OPC hab to wait until at night then can practice siol, after awhile all cars start to reach home Liao, dont want hold them up :s13:
Still, I will find chance and practice :o

Also, any idea where can practice parallel? Quite hard to find

due to the difficulty many of my seasoned driver frens try not to park in parallel lots. :s13:

kris26

Reaction score
hi hi all... just want to ask when u take TP right. Will the tester ask u drive ur own directions anywhere or like will say turn left, ok den turn right , turn left, go straight... will they say ma ? cos i scare ltr they ask u eg. (drive from here to there) den nv say out direction. Normally TP cover which pratical topics de ? Parking have a not ? Mostly the time took how long ? :)

ah-reeve

Reaction score
Yahoo... I manage to pass my tp on 13-4-12 at BBDC 3.45pm.
All the best to those going for the test. Jia you Everyone...

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi hi all... just want to ask when u take TP right. Will the tester ask u drive ur own directions anywhere or like will say turn left, ok den turn right , turn left, go straight... will they say ma ? cos i scare ltr they ask u eg. (drive from here to there) den nv say out direction. Normally TP cover which pratical topics de ? Parking have a not ? Mostly the time took how long ? :)

when u r asking these kind of questions, it means u are not ready for the test.
during TP, there is pre determined route they will ask u to go.
there are 2 part of the test.
part 1 is circuit - parking and up slope and s-course etc ...
part 2 is road driving, where they have already select which route u will do.

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you will be assigned a test route on that day, but the tester may not follow the test route de
so he will tell you where to go, no worries
TP covers ALL practical topics/subject (obviously) and all the circuit courses, road driving etc
parking sure have, but is inside the circuit
the whole test usually take 30 mins or less depending if your tester cut short the test route

yakuza92

Reaction score
when approaching traffic light need to slow down or not ar? anyone can tell me how to confirm safety check for s-course,crank course and directional change? then when going up slope. what to do? E-brake i still not sure how to do it? What is veer off course? and fail to look out for traffic at side road and junction. <- what it means?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when approaching traffic light need to slow down or not ar? anyone can tell me how to confirm safety check for s-course,crank course and directional change? then when going up slope. what to do? E-brake i still not sure how to do it? What is veer off course? and fail to look out for traffic at side road and junction. <- what it means?

Have u started ur lesson?
So many things dun know? :s11:

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lucky your test still far
Come to junction obviously must slow down and be prepared to stop IF the lights turn red, if not just slow down and look out for traffic
As for confirm safety, things like checking side mirror + blind spot before turning into the circuit course. For parkings and directional change, have to stop and check 360 deg around your car and turn your head to look out of back windscreen before starting to reverse, and once you reverse in, faster straighten your wheels and STOP, turn your head an look out of rear windscreen once again then continue reversing in.

S and crank remember to check mirror and blind spot before turning in as for slope, stop and pull handbrake, find biting point and set gas after that signal right, check rear view mirror, side mirror + blind spot then release handbrake and move off
Remember to cancel signal after you move off from slope.

E brake is just jam brake hard and faster clutch in, stall also nvm. after that put to neutral an handbrake up, when tester tell you move off, signal right check rear view mirror, right mirror + blind spot then release handbrake move off, similar to slope
Remember cancel signal after you move off

Veer off course means straight road but you drive until go off to one side or something

Looking out for traffic at side road and junction is easy, slow down when you see a side road or junction then turn your head and look to the side road and see if for any cars or not before continue accelerating
Junction have to slow down, turn your head left and right to check for traffic and then continue on

Most important is to slow down la, if reach junctions or side road you keep on accelerating or see hazard you also no slow down
You think tester will pass you?

Last edited:

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Come to junction obviously must slow down and be prepared to stop IF the lights turn red, if not just slow down and look out for traffic
As for confirm safety, things like checking side mirror + blind spot before turning into the circuit course. For parkings and directional change, have to stop and check 360 deg around your car and turn your head to look out of back windscreen before starting to reverse, and once you reverse in, faster straighten your wheels and STOP, turn your head an look out of rear windscreen once again then continue reversing in.

S and crank remember to check mirror and blind spot before turning in as for slope, stop and pull handbrake, find biting point and set gas after that signal right, check rear view mirror, side mirror + blind spot then release handbrake and move off

E brake is just jam brake hard and faster clutch in, stall also nvm. after that put to neutral an handbrake up, when tester tell you move off, signal right check rear view mirror, right mirror + blind spot then release handbrake move off, similar to slope

Veer off course means straight road but you drive until go off to one side or something

Looking out for traffic at side road and junction is easy, slow down when you see a side road or junction then turn your head and look to the side road and see if for any cars or not before continue accelerating
Junction have to slow down, turn your head left and right to check for traffic and then continue on

Most important is to slow down la, if reach junctions or side road you keep on accelerating or see hazard you also no slow down

I ask you another question, if you are at gear 4.. approaching traffic light turning amber and red..

will you anticipate that, and faster switch to gear 3, and gear 2 and then gear 1 and coming to a stop?

if you do not have time to do you still switch gear accordingly? ..
or just gear 4, and the car already very slow, you switch to gear 2 ?
or just gear 4, the car already coming to a stop, switch to neutral and then gear 1?..

what is the correct procedure of gear switch?

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ask you another question, if you are at gear 4.. approaching traffic light turning amber and red..

will you anticipate that, and faster switch to gear 3, and gear 2 and then gear 1 and coming to a stop?

or just gear 4, the car already coming to a stop, switch to neutral and then gear 1?..

when you are in high gear let say on a straight long road and youre in gear 4 and suddenly approaching traffic light you should down gear by at least 1 gear so gear 3.

if theres no time , its okay you can can use gear 4 to stop.
if theres is time try to down gear. depends on the scenario and road traffic.

but before moving off, always gear 1 .

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

always try to anticipate the traffic lights
especially if you from far see that the lights are green, chances are it will turn amber when you are near the junction unless it's a big junction with very long green time la

and never switch to gear 1 while slowing down on the road, gear 1 speed is really too low and engine brake too strong already
stopping gear is usually 2nd or 3rd depending on the distance you have left to the stop line at the junction

there is no correct way of gear switch de la, just remember that your gear follows your speed, say you are at 50km/h, by that time you should be in gear 4
you saw a green light junction ahead, you start to let off gas and let speed fall abit if your speed drops to 40 or 35 then change down to 3rd, if the light is still green when you are at the last arrow, just accelerate across
however if your speed is quite low at 30km/h or so and at 3rd gear, you are at 3rd or 2nd arrow already but suddenly turn amber, please don't chiong. Press brake harder and concentrate on stopping before the line, it's OK to stop at 3rd if you have no time to downshift.
if the light turns amber when you let go of gas liao and still some distance away, then slowly shift down from 4th to 3rd then to 2nd lor

or sometimes no choice, say you saw a red light from far then you start to slow down then suddenly light turn green and they start moving already then you just change to 2nd gear and continue to move. But still, it is very largely dependent on your speed if you are at 35 km/h not possible change to 2nd gear mah, just change/remain at 3rd and continue moving

Last edited:

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

depends on the distance
if u are very near, juz cross it
otherwise drop to gear 3, release clutch for the engine brake
then drop to gear 2 if u still have time
if no time then juz stop at gear 3

dun drop straight from gear 4 to 2
u will kena points de

yakuza92

Reaction score

Thanks!:s13:

Imperado

Reaction score
Anyone care to explain the procedure on the actual day for CDC?

1) I just go straight to the admin center and give them my booklet and test receipt then they will assign me the warm-up car?

2) After warm-up give everything to the warm-up instrutor then I just go to the testing room and just wait there till the tester come in and call my name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.