[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can share best place to buy without defects?

There is no such thing as best place to buy. Its a risk that all of us must take. I seen in forum even when people paid a premium (USD60) to the seller for them to check they still ended up with monitor with dead/stuck pixel. But I think I will recommend redcap as they will check the monitor for DOA before sending it out.

There is perfect panel model for sale but it will cost $200+ more. ;)

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just received ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB from gmarket
ordered wednesday night, so shipping is pretty fast!
quality of monitor is bad.
1. screen leans forward
2. quite a bit of dust behind screen
3. bezel is scratched at one corner
4. some styrofoam is wedged in between the glass and bezel at the same corner

so far seems like no dead pixels, quality of panel is good.
so the fault seems to lie with the manufacturer. seller on gmarket is okay.
should i take the glass apart to clean the dust behind? any recommendations?

paid S$375
Computer / Laptop - ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB 27 LED 2560x1440 16:9 6...

Wah! Now the link shows SGD$380 liao.

Most important part is the panel, the rest are important but secondary.

The screen leans forward but you can tilt it back right? Possible to take picture and show?

justdaryl

Reaction score
Wah! Now the link shows SGD$380 liao.

Most important part is the panel, the rest are important but secondary.

The screen leans forward but you can tilt it back right? Possible to take picture and show?

yeah my bad. realised that i didnt screw the stand in properly. it also can be tilted, but need alot of force. yeah i bought at $380, but apply $5 coupon. if you have $10 coupon can apply also.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah my bad. realised that i didnt screw the stand in properly. it also can be tilted, but need alot of force. yeah i bought at $380, but apply $5 coupon. if you have $10 coupon can apply also.

Yah, do check how you assembled it. Yes, the purposely make it tight, if not, your screen will slowly slide down over time.

How can we get the $$ coupon? I am considering to get the Crossover panel with Pivot stand @ SGD$463 :

Computer / Laptop - CROSSOVER 27 27Q LED-P PIVOT DVI-D S-IPS 2560 x 14...

But I am seriously considering to just get the same one you gotten .... and save $83 each!!

justdaryl

Reaction score
Yah, do check how you assembled it. Yes, the purposely make it tight, if not, your screen will slowly slide down over time.

How can we get the $$ coupon? I am considering to get the Crossover panel with Pivot stand @ SGD$463 :

Computer / Laptop - CROSSOVER 27 27Q LED-P PIVOT DVI-D S-IPS 2560 x 14...

But I am seriously considering to just get the same one you gotten .... and save $83 each!!

if getting crossovers ebay shld be cheaper. for coupon can collect gstamps and exchange to coupon or sometimes they will randomly give out free coupons!

the specks of dust are quite bothersome though, thinking of taking the glass apart to clean it, but scared crack. there are a few pieces of dust that are very obvious, much bigger than a dead pixel. if you scared dust can get the lite version, save $10 someore.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if getting crossovers ebay shld be cheaper. for coupon can collect gstamps and exchange to coupon or sometimes they will randomly give out free coupons!

the specks of dust are quite bothersome though, thinking of taking the glass apart to clean it, but scared crack. there are a few pieces of dust that are very obvious, much bigger than a dead pixel. if you scared dust can get the lite version, save $10 someore.

Oh, you gotten the one with tempered glass. The cheapest Crossover with pivot I found on eBay is about USD$380/pc, which is about SGD$500. So Gmarket apparently is still cheaper.

taugeh

Master Member
Reaction score
So far my red-cap was very very responsive over every messages I've sent and my Crossover albeit one particular Bright pixel was working right out of the box even after fixing up with Eyeinfinity one MSI 5770 HAWK.

One thing though, BIOS don't show up, only until windows logon then finally it would show on the Crossover monitor.

whyalwaysme?

Reaction score
hi im thinking of getting shimian or or crossover but i think am leaning more to shimian cos its cheaper and will possibly hav defects so get cheaper on less heart pain. any ideas wheres the cheaper website to get it?

runeseeker

Reaction score
hi im thinking of getting shimian or or crossover but i think am leaning more to shimian cos its cheaper and will possibly hav defects so get cheaper on less heart pain. any ideas wheres the cheaper website to get it?

According to the guys at overclock.net, for the Shimian, you can message the seller and tell them you will pay them extra to open up and check to give you a defect free panel.

Some of them even sell monitors labeled as 'pixel perfect' as monitors which are inspected before.

qrsy2k

Reaction score
just received ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB from gmarket
ordered wednesday night, so shipping is pretty fast!
quality of monitor is bad.
1. screen leans forward
2. quite a bit of dust behind screen
3. bezel is scratched at one corner
4. some styrofoam is wedged in between the glass and bezel at the same corner

so far seems like no dead pixels, quality of panel is good.
so the fault seems to lie with the manufacturer. seller on gmarket is okay.
should i take the glass apart to clean the dust behind? any recommendations?

paid S$375
Computer / Laptop - ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB 27 LED 2560x1440 16:9 6...

Do you mind taking some pics to show? Also ordered a tempered glass model quite regretted

badboy83

Reaction score
Just check the singpost,my crossover 27,will be reach this evening...,,,hope everthing be fine.,,,

justdaryl

Reaction score
Do you mind taking some pics to show? Also ordered a tempered glass model quite regretted

how much did you get it for? i think at this price no regrets la, screen quality is amazing. my major gripe is just dust behind the screen. stand is ok. kinda dislike the white surround tho. thinking of taping it up with black tape.

if you cant stand dust behind the screen can remove and clean lor. heres the link for instructions
How To PROPERLY Remove The Glass Off Of The ACHIEVA 27"LED 2560x1440 S-IPS Tempered Glass Monitor

qrsy2k

Reaction score
how much did you get it for? i think at this price no regrets la, screen quality is amazing. my major gripe is just dust behind the screen. stand is ok. kinda dislike the white surround tho. thinking of taping it up with black tape.

if you cant stand dust behind the screen can remove and clean lor. heres the link for instructions
How To PROPERLY Remove The Glass Off Of The ACHIEVA 27"LED 2560x1440 S-IPS Tempered Glass Monitor

I got the Cross Over model at USD350. For the dust can't really see when the screen is on right? Ya true that the pricing is pretty decent for a 27". Anyway possible to post pic of your monitor? Till now still yet to see the pic of a tempered glass monitor. :)

terence52

Banned
Reaction score
did anyone buy a achieva shimian without tempered glass? can't find any pictures for the monitor without the glass :(

I ordered one from Redcap. Hopefully it would be at my friends place this week so I can collect it this sat. Might sell it thou. Have some sudden need for the funds.. =.="
Model: Shimian QH270-Lite.If anyone is keen.
I would be selling it @ $400 (SGD)

Last edited:

whyalwaysme?

Reaction score
I got the Cross Over model at USD350. For the dust can't really see when the screen is on right? Ya true that the pricing is pretty decent for a 27". Anyway possible to post pic of your monitor? Till now still yet to see the pic of a tempered glass monitor. :)
Hey bro can share where u got it at 350? Thks

visuallin

Reaction score
Guys, it seems my crossover adapter has some kind of problem so I need to try another one accordinf to red-cap. Any recommendations for a shop is SLS or anywhere else I might be able to get one?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.