Shanghai

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I always picked hotels in the Shangcheng district between the main train station and Xihu (West Lake). The bus terminal in question is further to the east. You can see the places relative to each other on Google Maps. This is a vibrant district that contains the important places to eat and shop.
The tea-growing area of Longjing is south-west of the lake. The famous Liuhe Pagoda is south of the lake by the Qiantang River. The lake serves as a useful geographical reference.

ryanboster

Reaction score
But I like how Cosmo Shanghai is! And the XLB is DELICIOUS!!! I miss that place so much :( Want to go back soon... haiz.

May0102

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the buffets in shanghai. Am thinking of going either to Yi-Cafe at Shangri-La Hotel (~300 yuan) or 金钱豹 (~238 yuan)for buffet dinner. Any one can offer any advise. Thanks.

pleaselah

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the buffets in shanghai. Am thinking of going either to Yi-Cafe at Shangri-La Hotel (~300 yuan) or 金钱豹 (~238 yuan)for buffet dinner. Any one can offer any advise. Thanks.

xin tian di, got a restaurant call ye shanghai, every weekend they have dim sum buffet at about RMB99, its good. and they serve according to how many person, cus sometimes 1 long inside got 3 or 4 pieces then u have difficulty sharing.

xlb I love the one at shanghai 老街, only rmb16 inside 1 long there are 16 xlb. value for money and tastier than most restaurant. Want higher class one the ding tai fung standard is better than our version.

:D

yangken

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody knows where is the reasonable toy shop in SH? It seems that people recommended Toys R Us...

Thanks

pleaselah

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody knows where is the reasonable toy shop in SH? It seems that people recommended Toys R Us...

Thanks

Most of the toys shop I saw in SH is toys R us, I think a cheaper alternative will be to get from tao bao.

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Most of the toys shop I saw in SH is toys R us, I think a cheaper alternative will be to get from tao bao.

Taobao +1

Find a vendor based in Shanghai too (likewise if you are in any city, find one that is also there) your delivery time would be greatly shorten. At most 3 days wait.

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it cheap to buy electronics such as digital SLRs in Shanghai? Good places to recommend?

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it cheap to buy electronics such as digital SLRs in Shanghai? Good places to recommend?

Generally it is not cheap to buy electronics in Shanghai, warranty may not cover worldwide. Might get scammed too.

I believe HK is a better choice and cheaper as HK doesn't have GST.

Nonetheless if you want to hunt, I remember going into a mall like Sim Lim (all electronics) at Xujiahui.

Just above Xujiahui Subway station.

pleaselah

Reaction score
Generally it is not cheap to buy electronics in Shanghai, warranty may not cover worldwide. Might get scammed too.

I believe HK is a better choice and cheaper as HK doesn't have GST.

Nonetheless if you want to hunt, I remember going into a mall like Sim Lim (all electronics) at Xujiahui.

Just above Xujiahui Subway station.

the place at xujiahui I think is called 百脑汇

wang63

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to find a big stationary shop or artist materials shop in shanghai? Thanks.

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to find a big stationary shop or artist materials shop in shanghai? Thanks.

Fuzhou Rd.

A stretch of shops selling stationary/artist materials.

Big shops & small shops are all there.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Yes. Fuzhou Road between Yunnan Zhong and Henan Zhong Roads is the place.
It is silly to get electronics in China when everybody in China tries to get their electronics stuff abroad.

wang63

Reaction score
Fuzhou Rd.

A stretch of shops selling stationary/artist materials.

Big shops & small shops are all there.

Yes. Fuzhou Road between Yunnan Zhong and Henan Zhong Roads is the place.
It is silly to get electronics in China when everybody in China tries to get their electronics stuff abroad.

Thanks alot GUys. Kindly advise the nearest train station to this place. Thanks again.:)

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

any idea regarding data sim cards for use in china?
I suppose we are able to buy at airport?

pleaselah

Reaction score
hi all,

any idea regarding data sim cards for use in china?
I suppose we are able to buy at airport?

some stores selling HP will have, or u can go directly to the service provider shop to buy.
I bought from China unicom. you have to let them know you want 3g, cus there are a few types of package.

Then subsequently, when you want to top up value can go convenient store to buy top up card. Mine is a monthly package and I top up every month.

androidified

Reaction score
Hi, going Shanghai in Dec, first time experiencing winter. Heard that it is much cheaper buying winter clothings in Shanghai, any ideas where to go to?

I am quite a big size guys, wearing XXL, went window shopping and saw that winter clothings available for my size cost at least 200+, quite disappointing as I got a tight budget

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.