Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
where to find more info on the vpn service?

Do come down to our roadshow at Funan from the 7th to the 13th. You will be able to try first hand what our VPN service can do.

You can even bring your own laptops and connect to our VPN service to experience it for yourselves.

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
The VPN service has been designed with the primary purpose of allowing our users to access geographically restricted content to the USA and UK. By this we mean being able to access content from Netflix, CBS and BBC in the UK.

The VPN service only permits HTTP based traffic. It is not designed to hide your identity on the Internet like some VPN services. Our Freedom VPN is for streaming media content.

Does it work for Hulu or similar streaming media restricted only to US IP address?

Bright

Banned
Reaction score
do you have a HK VPN, i want to stream TVB.com

Thanks

Do come down to our roadshow at Funan from the 7th to the 13th. You will be able to try first hand what our VPN service can do.

You can even bring your own laptops and connect to our VPN service to experience it for yourselves.

viewqwest

Reaction score
do you have a HK VPN, i want to stream TVB.com

Thanks

We might be able to do that quite soon. As we already have a POP in Hong Kong. Do you mind sharing some of the sites that you would like to access.

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe VQ can also consider providing a guide on how to sign up for netflix or huhu, would be good for those novice user intending to subscribe the vpn

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hmmm... It will be great to have an "Apple TV" to showcase how good the "bundle" (Apple TV + ViewQwest Freedom VPN) is. *wink*

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Triple Play service... Seems like there isn't much info on what's offered on the IPTV part of the triple play service.

For a start, here are some questions around the IPTV service:

1. What is the make and model of the Media Player?
2. Who is the IPTV service provider?
3. What are the current channels available?

etherealism

Reaction score
Hmmm... Triple Play service... Seems like there isn't much info on what's offered on the IPTV part of the triple play service.

For a start, here are some questions around the IPTV service:

1. What is the make and model of the Media Player?
2. Who is the IPTV service provider?
3. What are the current channels available?

WDTV *10 char*
probably with netflix and hulu from US

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
VQ is good now cos' got few subscribers and their pipes are not fully utilized yet. Wait till it is packed with subscribers then you come and compare again. I've given up SH long time ago.... SH sux!

then perhaps a smart subscriber should get on VQ while their speeds are good, on a non-contract plan, and hop off when it turns otherwise.

I believe the market will always have room for a premium player, be it from the days of Magix, NTT to the smaller ISPs like VQ, MR and SI now. If any of these small 3 ever loses their crown, I'm sure another will step up and take over the claim as the 'fastest ISP' without throttling.

Thus, no contract makes sense if you have this lingering fear. :)

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
VQ, why your M1 smokeping so funky one :

MobileOne_mini.png

viewqwest

Reaction score
then perhaps a smart subscriber should get on VQ while their speeds are good, on a non-contract plan, and hop off when it turns otherwise.

I believe the market will always have room for a premium player, be it from the days of Magix, NTT to the smaller ISPs like VQ, MR and SI now. If any of these small 3 ever loses their crown, I'm sure another will step up and take over the claim as the 'fastest ISP' without throttling.

Thus, no contract makes sense if you have this lingering fear. :)

The reason why we don't like to do promotions and we don't give away free laptops, and what-not, is precisely because we want to be able to invest our money into maintaining a high quality of service.

So as our customer base grows, we'll make sure to keep buying more bandwidth, and invest in new technology, so that Fibernet keeps being the fastest fibre broadband in Singapore.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Zhone does not support UPnP ?
uTorrent says a firewall/router is limiting my network traffic, even though I'm getting 5.3MB/s down.

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.