Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The WD TV Live does have channels besides Youtube and Facebook. These are on demand channels which do not require the VPN service. We will be updating the website to reflect what the current channels are.

Can you confirm if the WDTV device being offered is on rental basis or it belongs to the owner?

Kinda bummer because i was expecting ownership of the device :(

PS: Do you offer expedited sign up processing time for a nominal fee?

Last edited:

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
Using my case as an example: existing 100 plan upgrade to the IPTV bundle

do I need to pay any additional charges when switching to the new plan? (besides the obvious increase monthly charge from $59.95 to $65)

thanks

No there are no additional charges besides the change in subscription. A new 12 month contract will also be applicable.

viewqwest

Reaction score
My 60/50 service was just activated on 4 May. Can I switch to paying the rental instead of buying the modem ?

We unfortunately have removed the fibernet 60 plan as we cannot afford to provide the modem on rental for this plan.

viewqwest

Reaction score
so if i want the IP TV bundle AND freedom VPN, how much do i have to pay?

We will have the WD TV Live available for purchase. This would be the best option for you.

Standard subscription for the Freedom VPN would apply if you would like this service.

viewqwest

Reaction score
Can you confirm if the WDTV device being offered is on rental basis or it belongs to the owner?

Kinda bummer because i was expecting ownership of the device :(

PS: Do you offer expedited sign up processing time for a nominal fee?

The device does belong to you.

All applications are processed as quickly as possible. The lead time is based on OpenNet's lead time to us.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We will have the WD TV Live available for purchase. This would be the best option for you.

Standard subscription for the Freedom VPN would apply if you would like this service.

so i top up 10.70 for the VPN, and buy the box?

samtang

Reaction score
Hi VQ,

I am on the 60mb plan for one year contract. What happens when the contract is up? Can I stay on this plan? I have no need to go higher.

viewqwest

Reaction score
Hi VQ,

I am on the 60mb plan for one year contract. What happens when the contract is up? Can I stay on this plan? I have no need to go higher.

Yes you can remain on the existing plan.

Zildjian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would like to know more abt e channels u mentioned if not sign up already also duno wat to do with e box cos i dun intend to get vpn.. Btw next time will hav other box ? Cos i noticed e box dun support rmvb

viewqwest

Reaction score
Would like to know more abt e channels u mentioned if not sign up already also duno wat to do with e box cos i dun intend to get vpn.. Btw next time will hav other box ? Cos i noticed e box dun support rmvb

The box does not require the VPN service. There is lots of content that is supported in this region.

Here is a review of the product by HWZ. WD TV Live - HardwareZone.com

crewcutboy

Reaction score
Testimony for VQ (long)

I'm among ViewQwest's first residential fiber customers. Probably also one of their most demanding.

As an early adopter of new technology, I'm constantly wanting the newest, the best, the fastest. And I get annoyed when technology fails to live up to my expectations.

I've gone through most of the major ISPs before the fiber era. I've been on 15Mbps Singnet ADSL, 100Mbps Maxonline Ultimate, 100Mbps M1, and 100Mbps NTT i-net Super.

NTT was the best of the lot, and the most responsive. Speed was fast, but hampered by being on StarHub's cable network. And they actually replied to emails whenever I had problems. The service wasn't very personal, but it worked.

Compare that with the red, green and orange ISPs, where if at any time you encountered a slow connection, there would be no means of communicating that at all. And if you do manage to get through to the hotlines, you'd simply get a generic troubleshooting tip to "plug computer directly to modem" and "reboot". Essentially, it was everybody else's fault but theirs.

With that in mind, I'd just like to put on record that the latest fiber RSPs have come as a breath of fresh air. I chose Viewqwest because of their track record of having served the enterprise market for many years. And due to that experience, I dare say their customer service is second to none.

I've never encountered a company that was so responsive to a customer's every whim and fancy. They have taken the trouble to actually know me personally and by name, and have so far reacted swiftly to all my complaints and needs. With Viewqwest, it's not about passing the buck or making excuses, but learning how they can prevent from making the same mistake.

If you're looking for the cheapest, look elsewhere. But for the price that I pay, I get peace of mind, a rock solid Internet connection at the fastest speeds around, and customer care that's legendary.

There's another new RSP around that's selling themselves as "great for gamers". The marketing strategy has worked pretty well and price is reasonable too. Definitely worth considering. But they are new, and nowhere as tested yet as Viewqwest. They don't offer niceties like 24/7 tech support either.

Going forward, competition for customers will likely be tough. Perhaps other big boys like NTT will enter the market. But I fully expect Viewqwest to do everything in their means to keep me through innovation and exacting standards.

All I can say is, good riddance to bad ISPs, and thanks Viewqwest for saving us from the dark ages of lousy Internet!

poopoobud

Reaction score
streaming via PPTV, LETV, YouKU works now!!

Hello everyone, just to be fair to VQ..
I have received email from VQ team that they have made changes to their side and ask me to test streaming movies now. Before I was having slow start and very choppy movies streamed from laptop(MAC/WinXP), iptv Box(AC Ryan Android based), Ipad with the above stated apps installed. I've basically stopped watching them due to those reasons.

Now after testing, I'm proud to inform everyone that VQ has made it!!! PPTV and YouKU was very well and no buffering on me with fast start and LETV is fast start and slight buffering during the shows-I'm sure VQ will work on this more.

Well since this is a great joy for me, I intend to let everyone here know this great news!
Thanks VQ, continue to do it RIGHT and do it GOOD. Well Done!!!:s12:

viewqwest

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just to be fair to VQ..
I have received email from VQ team that they have made changes to their side and ask me to test streaming movies now. Before I was having slow start and very choppy movies streamed from laptop(MAC/WinXP), iptv Box(AC Ryan Android based), Ipad with the above stated apps installed. I've basically stopped watching them due to those reasons.

Now after testing, I'm proud to inform everyone that VQ has made it!!! PPTV and YouKU was very well and no buffering on me with fast start and LETV is fast start and slight buffering during the shows-I'm sure VQ will work on this more.

Well since this is a great joy for me, I intend to let everyone here know this great news!
Thanks VQ, continue to do it RIGHT and do it GOOD. Well Done!!!:s12:

Thank you for your kind comments. We are still not 100% happy with the result. We will continue to make adjustments with the routes. Will need your assistance to help us test when we do.

poopoobud

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind comments. We are still not 100% happy with the result. We will continue to make adjustments with the routes. Will need your assistance to help us test when we do.
SURE, bring it on when it comes to good improvements for the customers and success stories..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.