NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
bro can provide more details, like what kind of person should take CS, problem solver?

a person who has a solid maths foundation and able to grasp mathematical concept well. in cs, u will find urself applying a lot of these mathematical concepts in ur codes, therefore it is very maths heavy.

As for IS, there is really a lot less on programming, therefore much less maths modules to take, only 1/2 modules at most. the bulk of the time is spent on business reports which is related to IT.

ImLostHere

Reaction score
a person who has a solid maths foundation and able to grasp mathematical concept well. in cs, u will find urself applying a lot of these mathematical concepts in ur codes, therefore it is very maths heavy.

As for IS, there is really a lot less on programming, therefore much less maths modules to take, only 1/2 modules at most. the bulk of the time is spent on business reports which is related to IT.

bro the mathematical concepts u r talking is discrete maths or calculus?

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
bro the mathematical concepts u r talking is discrete maths or calculus?

Discrete maths, calculus, linear algebra and stats.
You will see many of the maths concepts learned being applied in modules at a higher level(yr3/4). so a solid foundation will help u to understand those lecture notes better. =)

IneedAgirl

Reaction score
Regarding uploading ntu final semester result by 15 May, once uploaded the result, the upload button will disappear rite?

ImLostHere

Reaction score
You will see many of the maths concepts learned being applied in modules at a higher level(yr3/4). so a solid foundation will help u to understand those lecture notes better. =)

Thank you so much bro :)

poppyinmyhair

Reaction score

Are you studying Computer Science in NTU now? So those who are weak in Maths will face a lot of problems right? How many maths modules are there in total? I am from poly so I have not learned all those Maths which I am told are all H2 Maths (A Level); correct me if I am wrong. Seems like CS is not the correct course for me after all ...

Last edited:

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Are you studying Computer Science in NTU now? So those who are weak in Maths will face a lot of problems right? How many maths modules are there in total? I am from poly so I have not learned all those Maths which I am told is all H2 Maths (A Level); correct me if I am wrong. Seems like CS is not the correct course for me after all ...

No. I am going to NUS CS.
I just took a look at the NTU CS curriculum. only saw the discrete maths module. and no other maths?!?! :s22::s22:

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
NTU cs include discrete maths and eng maths

ok i just had a word with my friend (NTU CS), apparently, they didnt explicitly name the maths modules. U will still need to know calculus, stats and linear algebra as its used in some of their modules.

iwantapeacefulworld

Reaction score
need help

hello everyone.

i have a interview with nus for information system this saturday.

can someone tell me what they will asked? and which maths topic will be tested?

please. thank you so much.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.