Asus N56U Singtel Presets

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry just wondering.. is RT-N53 able to use the presets for Singtel Fibre too?

This depends on the hardware switch IC used and if Asus will write in the code.
For that you get the answer from the horse's mouth better.

Do note that this router is not good for 100Mbps and above plans.

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This depends on the hardware switch IC used and if Asus will write in the code.
For that you get the answer from the horse's mouth better.

Do note that this router is not good for 100Mbps and above plans.

Ok will wait for Qubicfactor's reply..

Thinking either RT-N16 or N56U.. then saw this N53 cheaper than both of them

50Mbps plan only

Oceania

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all the information guys! I've signed up for the SingTel 200Mbps plan and they'll come to install next week. After reading, this is what I've decided to do.

By the way, i'm re-using all my 200Mbps homeplugs. I've also opted out of Mio Voice and will be using my analog phone line.

Will this config work, especially the AP in Bedroom 1? Thanks! :)

FibreSetup-Asus-RT-N56U-with-AP.jpg

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all the information guys! I've signed up for the SingTel 200Mbps plan and they'll come to install next week. After reading, this is what I've decided to do.

By the way, i'm re-using all my 200Mbps homeplugs. I've also opted out of Mio Voice and will be using my analog phone line.

It should work fine, based on your diagram alone, but do remember the following points, in case you are not aware:

Do not ask the Singtel guy to fix up this layout other than that trunking. If you want this arrangement, DIY after he leaves.

Homeplugs will typically give you around 1/4 the speed written on the box, depending on your house wiring. If you are ok with this then fine.

Oceania

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It should work fine, based on your diagram alone, but do remember the following points, in case you are not aware:

Do not ask the Singtel guy to fix up this layout other than that trunking. If you want this arrangement, DIY after he leaves.

Homeplugs will typically give you around 1/4 the speed written on the box, depending on your house wiring. If you are ok with this then fine.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it! In that case i will go get the wireless AP :D

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will RT-N53 support the singtel presets for fibre?

www.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTN53/

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starhub fibre N56U owners may want to try this out, while waiting for a beta firmware in the works -
VID 1071 PRIO 1

This should theoretically get internet running. Things we would like to confirm include if different SH plans use different VIDs, so do give me a heads up if this setting doesnt work for you, along with the SH plan you are using at the moment.

cyberet

Reaction score
is there anyway for me to avoid 5012 as the modem for adsl?

Can this be done?
phoneline
|
dsl modem
|
N56u
|-->5012 -->miotv & digital voice
|-->laptops/nas/PCs/internet

after the whitebox died, st replace with blackbox, even thou the blackbox is in bridge mode, starting a single torrent causes the connection to drop and reconnect every few minutes and driving me nuts.

Last edited:

jovially

Reaction score
Hi,

Hi,
Please help me to confirm.
Am I right to say that this 2 models from asus can be use to replace 2wire router? Including phone and mioTV? Do I need to perform any configuration? If yes, can someone point me to the link or pm me the steps?
Thanks in advance.

ninelives

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pardon me, why need preset/profile? i thought it is auto one. i plug my n56u to ont, it get the ip automatically. no setting need to be done.

thanks

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
pardon me, why need preset/profile? i thought it is auto one. i plug my n56u to ont, it get the ip automatically. no setting need to be done.

thanks

Answer can be found in the first post.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New StarHub MaxInfinity preset beta. Those concerned, please help to test. Note that this firmware may not work as intended with regards to Digital Voice if my assumptions are wrong, since the info from weap0nx seems to indicate some uncertainty with the VoIP VLAN info. I am just taking a stab here with VID 1095 PRIO 1 for this beta.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoI4L1-ZubFSFIxT19DUExLQzg

ps: compiled by Asus rather than myself, since I had some problems with my build environment, and I have no time to spare to redo my vm for the third time.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Purpose of the above firmware is to test and confirm specifically two things: Digital Voice parameters and if different MaxInfinity plans use different VLAN IDs. Please report what SH plan you are using, and whether internet/voip works as intended.

Last edited:

sgspurs

Reaction score
Clarify....the Asus router replacing the 2wire is to boost te wireless signal ? How much more is expected or experienced by bros here ?

How much is it and the best place to get it ?

Thanks !

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New StarHub MaxInfinity preset beta. Those concerned, please help to test. Note that this firmware may not work as intended with regards to Digital Voice if my assumptions are wrong, since the info from weap0nx seems to indicate some uncertainty with the VoIP VLAN info. I am just taking a stab here with VID 1095 PRIO 1 for this beta.

ps: compiled by Asus rather than myself, since I had some problems with my build environment, and I have no time to spare to redo my vm for the third time.

Purpose of the above firmware is to test and confirm specifically two things: Digital Voice parameters and if different MaxInfinity plans use different VLAN IDs. Please report what SH plan you are using, and whether internet/voip works as intended.

Talking about the above, not padavan firmware, just to be clear.

LC88

Reaction score
Do I need to bridge the 2wire 5012NV when connecting port 3 of RT-N56U to 5012NV for Miovoice.
Singtel-MIO Preset
TP l ONT l Asus RT-N56U
Port1--> Computer
Port2--> Computer
Port3--> 2Wire 5012NV (Bridge or Route mode)--> mioVoice
Port4--> mioTV

Last edited:

Cyberboy128

Reaction score

Thought of buying this router, anyone successfully configured it to work with Starhub Fiber along with VOIP?

ahtancw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got the RT-N56 running behind the 2wire 5012NV in bridge mode. Firmware 1.0.1.7f stock. Noticed the transmission in my DNS-323 is not running anymore. Anyone faces the same issue here?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.