Proxy servers to bypass

idone2u

Reaction score
Suddenly I cannot access the tudou etc to watch my drama!

I read somewhere I can create a proxy server (what exactly is that) to let the site think that I am in China then I can watch the drama.

Any help how can I change ip address etc to achieve that...

Many thanks

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For once-and-for-all solution, subscribe a VPN service.

For short term or temporally solution, install Modify Headers addon for Firefox or ModHeader for Chrome, please don't ask me anything for IE because I don't use IE. I have no idea when the sites will counter this bypass method so might not work later on, but it works for me so far on all the denied sites.

ModifyHeader.png
[/IMG]

After you installed MD, restart FF or Chrome. Once restarted, go to Tools>Web Developer>Modify Header to activate MD.

Click Add at the select action button, type X-Forwarded-For at the Header Name button follow by the IP (you can use whois lookup to find out the actual IP of the site) of the website you wish to access/view but denied at the moment. Click the Add button follow by Start (at the extreme left) button.

Enjoy the previously denied video.

Cheer!

idone2u

Reaction score

For short term or temporally solution, install Modify Headers addon for Firefox or ModHeader for Chrome, please don't ask me anything for IE because I don't use IE. I have no idea when the sites will counter this bypass method so might not work later on, but it works for me so far on all the denied sites.

ModifyHeader.png
[/IMG]

After you installed MD, restart FF or Chrome. Once restarted, go to Tools>Web Developer>Modify Header to activate MD.

Click Add at the select action button, type X-Forwarded-For at the Header Name button follow by the IP (you can use whois lookup to find out the actual IP of the site) of the website you wish to access/view but denied at the moment. Click the Add button follow by Start (at the extreme left) button.

Cheer!
Hey,

Thanks a lot - you just saved my life....

was having HK Cantonese drama withdrawal symptoms... (HKCDWS) on 2 May...!

Many thanks... many thanks

谢谢

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone got problem watching HK movie on tudou? doesnt seem to work now..

Working as usual, look at the screenshot above, the exact IP for tuduo is correct, not random IP for illustration purpose.

HeroIII.png

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok, i know why liao, i added an extra space accidentally, now can work liao. thanks man.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ModifyHeader.png
[/IMG]

Cheer!

This is a http proxy header. I'm impressed this is the kind of "blatant" security loophole they have implemented. But.... I like it, because I also wanna watch. I will see if I can use this same technique for my PPTV or PPS on iPad.

CrazyBlue

Reaction score
I thought proxy not as secure as VPN because it is transparent?

Anyhow I got my own personal (paid) proxy for other works.. i don't know if that makes it any more secure. Doubt it. haha.
Would proxies make the download speed slower?

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought proxy not as secure as VPN because it is transparent?

Anyhow I got my own personal (paid) proxy for other works.. i don't know if that makes it any more secure. Doubt it. haha.
Would proxies make the download speed slower?

Geographical constraint is more robust than what is implemented here. So I am puzzled or perhaps impressed that such technique works. Here my notion of security is really incorrect. :)

Proxies does make access a tad slower, but the kind of slowness one might experience is more because the proxy is situated at a location which may be slow from origin server to it and/or slow from proxy to you.

idone2u

Reaction score
Doesn't work for yukou :(

I used this and all can work... actually all the ip address was copied from the screen shot on the third reply in this thread...

but youku is in chinese... not cantonese...

pings7

Reaction score
thanks commach for your help! it is SO EASY and most imptly it is free! i actually signed up for strongVPN but they cannot access chinese sites (i have to do so many things eg. change to hong kong servers thrice but still will not work).

much thanks!!

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thanks commach for your help! it is SO EASY and most imptly it is free! i actually signed up for strongVPN but they cannot access chinese sites (i have to do so many things eg. change to hong kong servers thrice but still will not work).

much thanks!!

Wow, :s12::s12: thanks for the link, it works.

Now I know how to find IP address for sites.:s13:

You're most welcomed.:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.