The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liverpoolz

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows any good spectacle shops that are more reasonable in pricing?
I want to make one with oakley frame. Inhave high astitiigism so my lenses already cost around 200 plus.

tia

chiusa

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to buy a Swissflex frame + lenses. Nanyang quoted me 320 but the design look ugly. Capitol Optical quoted 400 and 460. The 460 one look nicer.

Do you think the price in Capitol Optical reasonable? carrot chop or not??

colorpencils

Reaction score
Hoya Vs Nikon spectacle lense

Hi all,

I am thinking of making new spect....both eyes are 900 with 150 astigmatism. Any good recommendation? Thank you!

strangerjun

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just bought a spec for $150 usual price is $160.

My degree is 150 and got little asti in right eye..

Did i get a good deal? Don't know what ulu brand and what lens.

:(

SICAAAA

Reaction score
hello, i intend to change my specs. my main focus is on aesthetics. male, 21 yo this year, but my face is supposedly cute and youthful looking. I know its very BU YAO LIAN to say that but, may i know how do i go about choosing my spectacle frame?

are there any online spectacles dealer that allow me to test the spec frame online?

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I have a question, for frames like Nike and Reebok, may I know who manufactures the frames for them?

TIA for replies. :)

xiaokaka

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to buy a Swissflex frame + lenses. Nanyang quoted me 320 but the design look ugly. Capitol Optical quoted 400 and 460. The 460 one look nicer.

Look at details imo, what lenses they giving and which series of swissflex?

Different series of swissflex cost differently, same case with lenses.

xiaokaka

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation, xiaokaka.

If I may ask further, what about Reebok frames?

Don't carry much.. not popular in market i guess. dont see ppl wear much also.. sports brands mostly i've seen in Nike, Adidas sometimes puma.

xiaokaka

Reaction score
dont see any point in getting so expensive frame.

lens counts leh

good lens are useless w/o a good frame.

Good frame is important. What is the point of paying a lot for lens and the frame is so heavy and uncomfortable?

Precisely.. Good lenses are important if u value vision clarity.
But u need decent frame to get the comfort.
Comfy frames + materials/style often made by few mid-high end brands. Afterall, u will be paying for the craftmanship and comfort.

Depends on each individual to balance where is the point they willing to spend on these items. Eg, $500 for glasses for me is ok. i can afford. But maybe u might feel its too expensive. Only u know how much ur comfortable to pay for a pair of glasses and only u know if the looks/comfort/features are worth ur money.

Hi all,

I am thinking of making new spect....both eyes are 900 with 150 astigmatism. Any good recommendation? Thank you!

Imo, can use Nikon Seecoat 1.74, helped my friend made a pair of Nikon Seecoat 1.74 with SPH -1000, CYL -150 and results not bad. u cant expect it to be paper thin anyway.

Then saw my collegue received a job from Crizal 1.74.. SPH -750 with CYL -075. i duno if its lenses playing a trick on us or what.. it feels the pair of crizal looks thicker than nikon.

archangle13

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking specifically for Japonism frames. Where is the best and cheapest place to get them in sg?

Is it possible to buy the frame online and then get lenses fitted in sg? If so, where to find online?

Cheers!

Outliers

Master Member
Reaction score
may i know what are the trendy designs for spec these days? Thinking of getting a pair but do not want be outdated.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

lets not tok abt the difference of prices in dollars term. Did nanyang & capitol tell you how much % discount they giving you when they quote you those prices? I suppose those prices you stated are after discount?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look at details imo, what lenses they giving and which series of swissflex?

Different series of swissflex cost differently, same case with lenses.

hi xiaokaka,

do you know how much % discount will capitol opticla give to customers for their frames?

xiaokaka

Reaction score
hi xiaokaka,

do you know how much % discount will capitol opticla give to customers for their frames?

i believe normal disc should be around 20%. Discounts differs from brands to brands.. like oakley, tag heuer will always be controlled.

blurryy

Reaction score
Hi,

which model? Swissflex is very light but tend to slide down easily as the temples do not hook onto the ears tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.