good exchange rate for aussie dollars

alvismah

Reaction score
Hi all,

can tell me where and which shop can i find higher exchange rate ?? thank you!

jerrawks

Reaction score
depends if your going for a holiday or not.

investment can wait. for holiday's the price is around 1.25
which is kinda acceptable, since your not going to change much anyway

MrMunchkin

Reaction score
I heard Mustafa money changers give decent rates.

Currently, the exchange rate is around 1.26 plus though.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can tell me where and which shop can i find higher exchange rate ?? thank you!

The Change Alley moneychangers are the best, bar none. I use the ones on the left as you look at Change Alley from Raffles Place - the ones with the whacking great flatscreen TV showing their rates - and they're usually about 100-120 points wide in AUDSGD, which is less than half what the banks take (and one-tenth what the Aussie banks take).

Your other option is to take a Cirrus or Plus-branded debit card, and just use the ATMs in Australia to withdraw cash - usually you'll only pay about 1.5% or 2% on the exchange rate.

Keiryl

Reaction score
Dear folks,

Am flying off to Tasmania on Sat. Have yet to change my money to Aussie dollar coz I was hoping that the rate will get better. (Was hoping that it will go back down to 1.26/27 since 2 weeks back, but it went up to 1.28 and then 1.30++ now)

From the comments on this forum, the money changers at these few places are recommended:
- Change Alley/ Arcade @ Raffles Place (AMC or the one with big plasma screens)

- Mustafa
- Lucky Plaza @ Orchard

I'll probably try to check out Lucky Plaza. But I won't be able to cover all places due to work.

Would appreciate if anyone happens to be working at Raffles place and can take a quick peak for me?

Planning to change S$6k to Aussie dollars.

Thanks!

sinner1974

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Aussie $955 for sale, left over from my gold coast trip.

I will give you a better rate than money changer (last check best is 1.335). Do sms me at 9749 zero zero 7 zero to deal.

To make the deal sweeter, I will give you a prepaid micro sim card from Optus, balance around $10, expire on 3rd march 2012, plus 2 x Go card both balance $1 with $5 deposit.

Thank you

sinner1974

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Aussie $955 for sale, left over from my gold coast trip.

I will give you a better rate than money changer (last check best is 1.335). Do sms me at 9749 zero zero 7 zero to deal.

To make the deal sweeter, I will give you a prepaid micro sim card from Optus, balance around $10, expire on 3rd march 2012, plus 2 x Go card both balance $1 with $5 deposit.

Thank you

Sold!!! Thanks

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought australia rates was cut by 0.5% driving down rates
quite suprised the exchange rates remained unchanged at money changers

mj_Tintin

Reaction score
any better rates? going to aus in end june.. wondering if should change now, or wait for a few more weeks...

inxlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like the rate is going up. any recommendation on where to change?

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes it's going up, i changed 2 weeks back was 1.265 now at lease 1.29 - 1.30 liao.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its 1.2798 today... Mustafa selling 1.292 but I think change alley would be better.

TingHa

Reaction score
Anyone knows where is the best rate for exchanging AUD? I m going to studying in Aust soon. Neeeda change cash liao. Please advise.
Cheers,
Han

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.