Which MBA?

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

I doubt I can enter it anyhow, but it seemed like a good mba to get since most of my foreign colleagues are inclined towards that or INSEAD.

I was considering either this or (don't laugh) NBS MBA.

We-Vibe

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

I doubt I can enter it anyhow, but it seemed like a good mba to get since most of my foreign colleagues are inclined towards that or INSEAD.

I was considering either this or (don't laugh) NBS MBA.

Unless you are going into banking or consulting or work overseas, you're not going to get a good ROI with INSEAD. NBS MBA is not that good compared to NTU MBA btw.

Shakespeare

Reaction score
??? I thought NBS = Nanyang Business School = NTU ???
:s11:

Unless you are going into banking or consulting or work overseas, you're not going to get a good ROI with INSEAD. NBS MBA is not that good compared to NTU MBA btw.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am aiming to.

And NTU == NBS lehhh

PostCountWarrior[+1]

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most self pwn ans in this thread and even in this post grad forum :s13:

pcw +1

jona12

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this business school? It is called S P Jain School of Global Management. The MBA course seem quite good, accredited by ABEST21 and ranked in FT. Has anyone taken their MBA there? How is it like?

tedXted

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this business school? It is called S P Jain School of Global Management. The MBA course seem quite good, accredited by ABEST21 and ranked in FT. Has anyone taken their MBA there? How is it like?

here's a class (singapore campus) photo taken from a student's blog:

IMG_1340.JPG

S.P.Jain Center of Management - Students Blog: Confessions of a wandering mind

jona12

Reaction score
After reading the blog, It seems like a great school with a Global perspective in top schools from America, Middle East and Australia. There is also a balance of concentration and foundation modules and well ranked by recruiters. Top ranking in India and faculty has industrial experience. One of my top choice for me choosing MBA.

CNBC Interview of the school

LesPhantom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody or their peers had experience with University of Birmingham MBA program offered by SIM? I'm thinking of applying for it sometime next year.

What are the general student population like? and how's robust and challenging is the program? I'm in my mid 20s with approximately 5 years of experience, with 1.5yrs in a supervisory role at my previous job.

Thanks in advance :)

fishfillet

Reaction score
Last edited:

shadow82

Reaction score
Hi Les Phatom,

u should go for the information session to get a feel on what you are getting yourself into. I juz started my MBA in April, to be perfectly honest, it is a struggle to balance work & personal & studies commitments. I gt a few colleagues inside Birmingham MBA. If memory serves me right,it's conducted in 10 day intensive blocks and quite xiong also. Please chk with the SIM folks for details. I may be wrong. Gd luck.

fishfillet

Reaction score
Hi Les Phatom,

u should go for the information session to get a feel on what you are getting yourself into. I juz started my MBA in April, to be perfectly honest, it is a struggle to balance work & personal & studies commitments. I gt a few colleagues inside Birmingham MBA. If memory serves me right,it's conducted in 10 day intensive blocks and quite xiong also. Please chk with the SIM folks for details. I may be wrong. Gd luck.

Hi Shadow82, I read your previous posts awhile ago about reservist clashing with you MBA program, how did everything turn out?

shadow82

Reaction score
Hi Shadow82, I read your previous posts awhile ago about reservist clashing with you MBA program, how did everything turn out?
hi Fishfillet,
i applied for deferment,asked the sch to provide student letter & supporting document, drafted up a persuasive plea to defer. All i got in return was a STANDARD template saying it was rejected. PUI lor. c aredi also tulan,u can obviously c the CO juz put his name there n send out. Not sincere at all.

Been rather busy doing assignment these few weeks,didn't haf chance to tink abt my next move. I can appeal but then with no new supporting documents, i tink no pt lah. Anyone gt other suggestions? Find MP?

Btw, suprised tat u actuali remembered. haha. thanks bro.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.