Warning: Speed Check locations

famodi

Reaction score
slightly off topic here, recently i notice a "red light camera" sign along south bridge road at the traffic light before smith st but i was not able to spot the red light camera. any idea where the camera is at?

LoneDL

Reaction score
Recently saw some entirely black looking lamp poles with camera attached to them at the top by the side of the roads. It camouflages really well. Any idea what are those?

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently saw some entirely black looking lamp poles with camera attached to them at the top by the side of the roads. It camouflages really well. Any idea what are those?

tat one more or less is traffic monitoring

chiaki11

Reaction score
Any bro know what is the speed limt for Bartley Road East, the overhead viaduct near kaki bukit vicom?

Was going at 80 and I saw a TP bring up his gun to shoot me after I pass the curve...

Sigh...

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
****y!!! Got one camera on overhead bridge on upper thomson rd before flame tree park this morning.

The camera was was positioned over the inner most lane while I was doing abt 75kmh on the outer most lane, dunno will kenna or not

Damn

Wonder if there is any mobile apps so that motorists can warn each other?

eastsider_2010

Reaction score
hi,

i realized that everytime when there is cop on top, it's during the day.

is it safe to conclude that there will be NO cop on top/ cop on side after 7pm cus it's dark and difficult to spot the car plate?

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

is it safe to conclude that there will be NO cop on top/ cop on side after 7pm cus it's dark and difficult to spot the car plate?

No idea, although i haven't seen one..but tat doesn't give u the chance to speed. :)

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

I've been thinking about this too.

What i suspect is, a strong source of light is needed to capture. Mobile cams usually no flash.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
****y!!! Got one camera on overhead bridge on upper thomson rd before flame tree park this morning.

The camera was was positioned over the inner most lane while I was doing abt 75kmh on the outer most lane, dunno will kenna or not

Damn

Wonder if there is any mobile apps so that motorists can warn each other?

Yea, something like saman auntie

Hugh_Jarse

Reaction score
Anywhere on AYE where the speed limit drops to 80KMH

Watch out on AYE for COT anywhere after the speed limit becomes 80KM/h but usually just before Benoi or Pioneer exit. Fave spot seems to be the bridge just after the 22km marker. Been done there twice.........ooops!

solelabel

Reaction score
COT - Route from Upper Bukit Timah to the fly over Ngee Ann Poly. There are a few overhead bridge but be cautious of the second one.

Last edited:

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Black J pole camera or wad? Issit on the extreme left of the bus lane?

if yes, it might be a surveillance camera or capturing vehicles driving on bus lane hrs..

zhuoluan

Reaction score
COT - KJE towards PIE/Tuas . Overhead-bridge just after CCK exit . before the Bend , please slow down .

hey all,
juz "kena" this tink 1 hr back.. btw 6.10pm-6.20pm..

story goes like this:

heading on KJE towards PIE/Tuas as per mentioned above..
i m in lane 1.. gt a red colour manual cab in front of me in lane 1 as well..
so i alrdy cant go fast cos cabby is "blocking" my way..
so while WE BOTH driving thru e bend juz outside e CCK stadium.. he suddenly slow down..
tink he is abt 2-3 cars length in front of me.. so i thot wth happen but my habit is so long i see car in front brake i will brake 1st n tok ltr..
so cabby brakes den i brake..
happened to took a glance at e speedo while i was braking.. needle was JUZ JUZ over e 100kmph mark.. mayb say 101-103 MAX~!!
den see cabby brake liao den i brake so naturally my speed will surely go down to below 100kmph..

den aft braking i looked up n saw COT.. didnt/cant really see any HUMAN but did see a cam looking thing sitting on those tripod pointing down..
cam seems to b mounted on e OVB over KJE but its above lane 3 i can rmm.. not directly on top of lane 1 of 2 for sure..

so on this note.. will i b given juz a warning letter or will alrdy kena pts n $$??

can some1 pls shed some light on this PLEASE??

tks alot all.

citaro

Reaction score
Just receive letter from tp. Kenna warning for doing 63km at orchard boulevard. ( between the wheellock n grange road) lamp post 43. Speed limit 50km/hr for that 5 lane road ? Wtf. I turn in from Scott's there. Up the slope definitely step acceralator mah. Then after up slope is down slope Liao. Pls be warn. I dunno where the tp is hiding. Should be on the overhead bridge ?

Daegan Tan

Reaction score
Nicoll highway also have but not sure which part. Anyone saw before? I receive letter before.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nicoll highway also have but not sure which part. Anyone saw before? I receive letter before.

Nicoll Highway is a common COT area. i guess majority of the drivers know.

Straight road only 70kmh. Many ppl tends to speed there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.