iOCBC Trading Platform

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's just a proposal by SGX and has not been implemented. I believe you will also need to give permission to your broker for them to access your CDP account. And of cos that's something I will never do if I can help it.

Sorry, could I ask what is the worry? Are the brokers going to sell your shares without permission when they have access? I don't think our brokers are so irresponsible, isn't it?

blackie83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to call broker one meh?

Only call them when cannot login. Unless chiu elite to use phone order.

wengweng

Reaction score
That's just a proposal by SGX and has not been implemented. I believe you will also need to give permission to your broker for them to access your CDP account. And of cos that's something I will never do if I can help it.

Ok, that's good. I didn't know it is just a proposal and has not been implemented. Thanks.

It's true about the 5K buy limit. I was given $200K limit by one broker (new account opened half a year ago) with whom I have bought some $400k+ worth of shares for long term investment. Another broker (many years but only recently applied for online trading) gaves me only $10k limit. What can one buy with $10K? Ultra-penny stocks? I actually felt a bit slighted. I was told to put in collateral if I wanted it increased.

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, could I ask what is the worry? Are the brokers going to sell your shares without permission when they have access? I don't think our brokers are so irresponsible, isn't it?

Of cos not worried that they will sell shares without your permission. I dun think they can do that unless they hack into your account. Personally I see no value in giving my broker access to my cdp holdings.

thisisnotme1212

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have heard of friends using iocbc and face problems such as:
- system breaking down evey few months esp after some 'upgrade'
- very slow posting of trades esp when market is active
- even worse for fictitious trades or trades of others being entered into their accounts! This is dangerous!

generally among iocbc, uobkayhian and cimb platforms - the consensus among most is that uobkayhian is most stable and friendly even on desktop and mobile platforms - at least no errors in fictitious trades.

well...suspect u're from uobkayhian since u like disappear after a post.

would like to hear from the rest which trading platform r u most satisfied with?
cimb's chart does load on the web, and it doesn't have chart feature on their ipad apps.

would prefer one with charts and with some technical indicators so i can do some browsing and research while outside.

iocbc has chart, but from the comments above its buggy and hangs. do they have RSI and Moving Average indicators (on app)?

edit: the chart loads now...its quite comprehensive..but lacking on mobile support though.

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have trading accounts with most of the brokerages and here are my observations.

L&T, UOB-KH and DMG are using basically the same trading platform abeit with a few visual customisation. The UI is basically the same. With a doubt, the UI is definitely the most friendly and very easy to use. The charts are based on Chartnexus so its rock solid. It also has more data than the free Chartnexus. The live streaming is stable.

I haven't use iOCBC much since its revamp but its definitely better than the previous one. Not sure how stable it is.

DBSV live streaming is iffy at time. The charts are not the best but I really like that you can customise the watchlist in any order, instead of alphabetically order.

POEMS has the worst and most unfriendly UI of all the brokerages and they dun seem particularly keen to improve after all these years.

I mainly use DBSV for my buy order cos the $18 commission for cash upfront is cheaper than most (except SCB which I refuse to use). For sell orders, it either UOB-KH or L&T depending on my mood. I only use POEMS for the Unit Share market.

I dun use mobile apps so the above comments is restricted to the desktop experience.

anfielder

Master Member
Reaction score
I have trading accounts with most of the brokerages and here are my observations.

L&T, UOB-KH and DMG are using basically the same trading platform abeit with a few visual customisation. The UI is basically the same. With a doubt, the UI is definitely the most friendly and very easy to use. The charts are based on Chartnexus so its rock solid. It also has more data than the free Chartnexus. The live streaming is stable.

I haven't use iOCBC much since its revamp but its definitely better than the previous one. Not sure how stable it is.

DBSV live streaming is iffy at time. The charts are not the best but I really like that you can customise the watchlist in any order, instead of alphabetically order.

POEMS has the worst and most unfriendly UI of all the brokerages and they dun seem particularly keen to improve after all these years.

I mainly use DBSV for my buy order cos the $18 commission for cash upfront is cheaper than most (except SCB which I refuse to use). For sell orders, it either UOB-KH or L&T depending on my mood. I only use POEMS for the Unit Share market.

I dun use mobile apps so the above comments is restricted to the desktop experience.

Actually the iOCBC platform is still the same as before, the revamp is just a cosmetic makeover of the home page.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hi paul. why did u use other brokers for sell orders and not stick to dbsvickers???

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like Vickers. I have iOCBC but the interface is very ugly and now I cannot seem to input the commission fees for any stocks that I bought using the new iOCBC interface. It seems like they auto calculate the commission fees for you but when there are rights issue or bonus issues or IPO, I would not be able to input the cheaper commission fees.

I also like Vickers for its 10 year data in Invest with Clarity as well as their screening tool. It used to be they do not have custodian fee for overseas stock and that is another plus point. Now, not so. Overall, as a fundamental investor, I still prefer Vickers.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi paul. why did u use other brokers for sell orders and not stick to dbsvickers???

The simple answer is that the other brokers has better UI that DBSV. And since the commission for my sell trades is more or less the same across brokers, I just use the one that is easiest to use.

thisisnotme1212

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

y do u refuse to use SCB then?

chase78

Reaction score
imho... i have tried a few and uob is the best for PC web usage. it has the nicest easiest on the eyes interface. It has the best daily research report with fairly accurate and strong ideas. I dont use the screener as I have factset. The chart tool bull or bear not very accurate.
iocbc interface not that good. not easy on eyes. insist on java, you need to have latest updated java. quite troublesome.

for mobile app, I think iocbc is good. quite fast and responsive.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imho... i have tried a few and uob is the best for PC web usage. it has the nicest easiest on the eyes interface. It has the best daily research report with fairly accurate and strong ideas. I dont use the screener as I have factset. The chart tool bull or bear not very accurate.

Ever since UOB-KH implement thier ChartGenie, they give spamming us with the mail. Anyone has any idea how to turn it off? Its very irritating! :mad:

rine5

Reaction score
Ever since UOB-KH implement thier ChartGenie, they give spamming us with the mail. Anyone has any idea how to turn it off? Its very irritating! :mad:

Go to 'Account Management' -> 'Preferences', look up 'ChartGenie Alerts' & deactivate.

orrb86

Reaction score
Is there any reason why I do not have any Stop Loss function i iocbc?

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
How come the stock average price bought few months back is difference in the indicative porfolio for yesterday and today? program bug?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.