good exchange rate for aussie dollars

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where is the best rate for exchanging AUD? I m going to studying in Aust soon. Neeeda change cash liao. Please advise.
Cheers,
Han

The short answer is Change Alley. The moneychangers at the Raffles Place end of Change Alley are always extremely good.

The long answer is that you might not even want to change cash.

Carrying big wedges of cash anywhere is like taping a ROB ME sign to your back. Your best bet is to carry a few hundred dollars over to Australia, tops, and open a bank account as soon as you get there; then wire some funds across. (Pro tip: make sure you wire an AUD amount, not an SGD amount; you'll get a better rate letting the Singaporean bank do the exchange.)

Your Singaporean bank cards will work in Australia, as well, if they've got the Plus or Cirrus logo on the back of them. This is far more convenient and far safer than carrying huge piles of cash around.

Good luck, and enjoy your time down under!

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When will the rates go down? =(

It won't happen any time soon. The AUD's expensive (and, I think, is primed for a fall), but it's been that way for at least three years now.

There's just no nice way to put it - Australia is a very expensive holiday destination right now. Head for Europe or the USA instead, and you'll get a lot more bang for your buck.

OSYear

Reaction score
heading to australia on 31 july. have been waiting for the rates to drop but no :( i am already willing to exchange for 1.3 but cant find any!

getaccessorize

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to Sydney with my wife and 2 children for 4 days 3 nights. How much AUD cash do i need to prepare? I will be using my card whenever i can. But, not sure how much cash to prepare. Please advise. :s11:

Last edited:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gonna change $ for my perth trip this sat. Hope it drops to below 1.3! Now Mustafa currently showing 1.306 :(

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lucky I changed 2 weeks back when it was about 1.307. Going tomorrow.

kenshinz

Reaction score
was 1.319 at fountain money changer at marina square yesterday, sian hope it drop abit soon going next week

nazirox

Reaction score
im going in late sept. got any chance that it might drop lower than 1.3? :(

kenshinz

Reaction score
today marina 1.32, but I only managed to change 1k, they ran out of AUD, anywhere else lower? I still need another 2k

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.