[OFFICIAL] Blackberry Chit-Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbiRolyPoly

Reaction score
Hey guys. Would like to get some help regarding my phone's connectivity problem.

Im currently using bbom for my BB9360 and i realised that some apps such as whatsapp and wattpad will not be able to connect to the internet using mobile network after every few days. However, the internet worked out fine when using browser surfing and going into youtube. I tried reinstalling everything but its still not working.

Every time this happens, i would have to do a battery pull to reboot everything. Those apps will then continue working for about a day before disconnecting themselves again and refuses to connect unless i did another battery pull. I am worried that my battery will be damaged by doing battery pulls every 2 days or so. So is this problem caused by not being on a bis plan or is it just my phone's problem?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Would like to get some help regarding my phone's connectivity problem.

Im currently using bbom for my BB9360 and i realised that some apps such as whatsapp and wattpad will not be able to connect to the internet using mobile network after every few days. However, the internet worked out fine when using browser surfing and going into youtube. I tried reinstalling everything but its still not working.

Every time this happens, i would have to do a battery pull to reboot everything. Those apps will then continue working for about a day before disconnecting themselves again and refuses to connect unless i did another battery pull. I am worried that my battery will be damaged by doing battery pulls every 2 days or so. So is this problem caused by not being on a bis plan or is it just my phone's problem?

Yes, as mentioned before, this is your plan problem. result of not wanting to go on bis

xUnknownzZz

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, as mentioned before, this is your plan problem. result of not wanting to go on bis

which means i need a blackberry plan to surf the internet or use the apps from bb?

So i can't just use a normal iFlexi plan for singtel on bb to use their apps ?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course not. That's why its called blackberry plan :o

which means i need a blackberry plan to surf the internet or use the apps from bb?

So i can't just use a normal iFlexi plan for singtel on bb to use their apps ?

Iflexi as it says is for I-type of phones :)

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People normally post their complains on forums with bad experiences with service centres, but few will post just to praise them. So i'm going to do that here. Well, at least for 2 of them. It will be more like a review. :)

As far as i know there are 3 service centres and i happened to have been to all 3 of them in the recent months. I buy 2nd hand phones to play around with pretty often.

---

BrightPoint @ Funan IT Mall:
My favourite of all. Friendly staffs, good and accessible location, sells accessories too. I sent in my PlayBook earlier in the year due to charging issues. Got back a refurbished set as far as i can tell, but it looks and works like a brand new device. So that's great, its like a trading in a few months old device for a brand new one. Turn over time was good too.

BrightStar @ Keppel Towers:
Actually not too bad too. The staffs are friendly as well. The downside is the location (at least for me), which is at Keppel Towers in between Tanjong Pagar and Outram Mrt. Still have to walk quite a distance, but not too bad. Sent in a device which has some trackpad issues. The casing has already been quite badly worn with scratches. 7 days later, a new one was returned back to me. They also provided a sticker with the updated details of the phone to paste over the existing on on the box, which is nice.

The change of PIN number is no biggie for me as with remote backup on BBM, and auto update of contact details, my friends won't even know i have a new BB unless they check my pin in BBM.

Qool Labs @ SIS Building:
Well, not so pleasant an experience. Place is not near MRT at all, but thankfully i had a direct transport down. The place looked more like a warehouse rather than office. Poorly furnished imo. When i sent in my phone, the lady at the counter spoke in a manner as if i owe her money. Snobbish, i would even say rude to an extent. She did not handle my device with care. Even though it was an old Bold 9000 non-cam, she placed it on the desk faced down, and without any cushion. While she was processing some forms, and the phone was in her way, she just pushed it aside with the side of her hand, as if brushing of some dust off the table. Unprofessional.

The return trip was much better as it was a different staff that day. I got back the Bold in pristine condition. While fixing my keyboard, they change the entire phone's casing, bezel, keyboard, trackball, back panel. All in all it looked like a brand new device. So overall, the repair work on the phone is superb, but service and facility wise, can be improved.

---

My conclusion, i wouldn't hesitate to buy a used BB from BrightStar or BrightPoint, but i would personally try to avoid Qool Labs as much as possible. Overall in terms of repairs, i think they are all equally good (If i'm not mistaken all of them sent these devices back to BB). Like the example shown from Qool Labs, they went the extra mile of changing those parts to make the BB look new instead of just fixing whatever was broken. Overall a satisfied BB customer.

yi_shiang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am also very pleased with BrightPoint, their service centre is very accessible at Funan, normally theres not too many people thus no need for q number.
They will also lend you a loaner device if they have one in stock.
What I don't like about them is that they don't have phone number listed! So you can't call in to check your warranty / repair status, anything have to go there or wait for them to call you.
Otherwise, my 3 experiences with them is very positive.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@yishiang

Its of course possible. But yea not everyone. They are relatively small here which could be why also.

Less people because they supply to singtel only unlike qool who supply to the other 2.

Keppel on the otherhand seem to be incharge of more playbooks than phones though

BUT, the experience is to not have any of these experience :D:D

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@yishiang

Its of course possible. But yea not everyone. They are relatively small here which could be why also.

Less people because they supply to singtel only unlike qool who supply to the other 2.

Keppel on the otherhand seem to be incharge of more playbooks than phones though

BUT, the experience is to not have any of these experience :D:D

hahaha. True. The best is don't have to go down to service centre at all, but sometimes can't be helped la.

@yishiang Oh ya, i forgot. BrightPoint will loan you another BB phone if you need. Which is definitely a plus point. My friend sent in his 9900, got a 9700 while its being repaired. +1 for service! :D

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But hor, I personally only went once. Cuz I killed my playbook in an oversight...

Now ish a canadian-made 9900 whose I think is capacitor kena busted (=motherboard dead).

Just back from overseas. Those developer labs overseas damn cool sia. They are also very systematic and know what they are doing (they are 100% berry dedicated). Visited another last time dedicated to many platforms, was not so uniformed. No wonder we have so many good apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.