Stop Lying to yourself and you will Slim down

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The feeling of being extra hungry is due to the higher metabolic rate of your body responding to the metabolic workout. I don't know about others but it's pretty common with me esp with higher loads & v short rest times. I just take more protein: either proper food or protein shakes.

Bear943

Reaction score
9/7/2012

Morning - 3 egg white 1 1/2 york

Lunch - 1 drumstick, 1 serving of mutton 1 serving of tofu 1 serving of veggie and one Ice Kopi-O Kosong

Workout

1. Motivation + addition moves- 6 set of 6 reps Just the bar, there are some movement i did extra rep without knowing
2. B-Press + Row 4 set of 14, weight 20 20 30 30 exclud bar and 27.5kg weight for rows
3. de-B-press - did not do
4. DeadLift - 60kg, 3 set of 8
5. Squats - 70kg 3 set of 10
6. Lat pull down 10plate or 11 i cannot remember 3 set of 12
All rest time between set are 20 to 40 sec, between diff workout 1 min
After all these i finish it up with a quick walk from YCK Gym back to Amk Mrt Station

Dinner - (event) 1/2 a chicken, with garden salad, with i think 4 cup of beer.

Going to push harder this friday by adding weight to the motivation set + remembering all the movement from the complex barbell vid

Something Weird
I wake up this morning extremely hungry for some reasons, so had 3 egg white 1 york and 2 bread from breadtalk, since the promo is still on.
Do you all kena this before
???

It is normal. The caloric demands are much higher on training than on non training days. Personally I find that I am much hungrier on training days and I do down a lot of food , 5000 kcal +- a few hundred.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't touch the bread; just take more eggs - take the entire egg not just the whites. Doctors know v little about proper nutrition so don't listen to them re not taking too many eggs. Dietary cholesterol has v little to do with serum cholesterol. It's processed food esp carbs trans fats & too much saturated fats that get yr cholesterol up. I still easily take about 4 - 5 eggs every day & I used to take up to 20 eggs a day when I was in my 20s & 30s...

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did my eyes deceive me?

You wasted all your workout to burn the beer. There goes your calorie deficit.

I missed that 1. Yup, drop all alcoholic stuff. Once in a while a little wine is OK tho...

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even a little wine is 1 glass still ok. Not a whole bottle. But beer has too much empty calories, plus carbs.

ketua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you have alcohol in your blood, your body will use it as the top priority for fuel/energy.

Means, until all your alcohol is used up, your body will stop using any of your carb or FAT as energy.

Not to mentioned beer is empty-calories (empty as in very low in nutritional value, but high in calories).

BeaRzwalken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
for this month, ytd was the only time i took in beer, i mean i shouldn't lie to myself and say is ok as i did 90% right and 10 percent wrong, but i dun take all the wrong unless is an event, i mean is not nice to be too anal about it. Hope you all understand this and i really take in your advices and did not let them go to waste.

My aim was not to go more den 1.1k of cal daily hehe, thank you for answering the extremely hungry in the morning question, plz do continue to guide me ^^

As i say i never once forget what you all told me about food in take and such, as well as workout.

Hope after 4mth i can become more stronger to pump more weight as well as drop down one more size.

galapogos

Reaction score
Drinking is fine once in a while. I enjoy a pint of Hefeweizen now and then.

BeaRzwalken

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Hahaha i love to taste different beer for sure but i dun like to over drink, not just becos of health issue and screw up my workout effort, is just feel ****ty if you over do it.

About my question about being hungry, i compare abit with mondays logs, i think i screw up the weight adding, i should be adding 5kg plate only which is 2.5kg each side but somehow i over push it abit, no wonder ytd night was like Hell ( which i feel is good, not trying to showoff dun get me wrong, is my nature error when i want to archieve something)

I can be pretty forgetful when i hit the weight and trying to improve.

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Previously fat people gain muscle mass faster because their muscle fibers have been stretched before. Also strength is naturally greater than skinny person.

BeaRzwalken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Previously fat people gain muscle mass faster because their muscle fibers have been stretched before. Also strength is naturally greater than skinny person.

Ok this is something i really dun know. i some still stuck at half squat 100kg and deadlift 100kg as people say no belt dun try!!! which i think is correct i never dare to go higher.

Even now i follow the tweaked workout which the regular put time to tweak it, i do want to do some PR here and there, last time someone motivated me with this, " you can be FAT but you must be STRONG "

boringLife-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lol I drink every once in a while too but I usually end up with all the hard liqour and getting myself drunk. Its hard to control with friends around :s13:

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
err drink alot and ask your wife drive =X hehehe, just joking....
I bet she will make you sleep on the floor if you do that =X

OK, off topic here but I think u also need to start to learn about prehab & warming up properly to prevent injuries:
1. SMFR (Self myofascial release).
2. Static Stretching
3. Mobility
4. Activation

Both Gala & I learned this fr an experienced coach years back & both of us have bought these basic DVDs:

Inside Out by Bill Hartman & Mike Robertson.
Magnificent Mobility by Eric Cressey & Mike Robertson.

You'll also need to read up a lot fr T-Nation....starting with Neanderthal No More series:

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 1

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 2

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 3

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 4

On SMFR:

T NATION | Feel Better for 10 Bucks

These are just touching the tip of the ice berg re prehab & injury prevention.

BeaRzwalken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
OK, off topic here but I think u also need to start to learn about prehab & warming up properly to prevent injuries:
1. SMFR (Self myofascial release).
2. Static Stretching
3. Mobility
4. Activation

Both Gala & I learned this fr an experienced coach years back & both of us have bought these basic DVDs:

Inside Out by Bill Hartman & Mike Robertson.
Magnificent Mobility by Eric Cressey & Mike Robertson.

You'll also need to read up a lot fr T-Nation....starting with Neanderthal No More series:

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 1

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 2

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 3

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 4

On SMFR:

T NATION | Feel Better for 10 Bucks

These are just touching the tip of the ice berg re prehab & injury prevention.

Thank you Uncle Ghkchay!!!! i will go read it up ^^
Btw nextime can join you for workout at the gym??? =X

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you Uncle Ghkchay!!!! i will go read it up ^^
Btw nextime can join you for workout at the gym??? =X

I train at home these days since I've got the basic eqpt at home... too much hassle driving to the gym, finding a parking lot & worse of all, queuing up for eqpt. Easily wasting an hour...

BeaRzwalken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hmm need to buy the roller thingy also??? Uncle ghkchay are you using the roller thing ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.