Asus N56U Singtel Presets

sHaDy69

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm currently using the black modem provided by Singtel, it takes bout 2-3 min for the lights to be stabilize if I change to asus n56 will it take that long?

orbnrg

Reaction score
New StarHub MaxInfinity preset beta. Those concerned, please help to test. Note that this firmware may not work as intended with regards to Digital Voice if my assumptions are wrong, since the info from weap0nx seems to indicate some uncertainty with the VoIP VLAN info. I am just taking a stab here with VID 1095 PRIO 1 for this beta.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoI4L1-ZubFSFIxT19DUExLQzg

ps: compiled by Asus rather than myself, since I had some problems with my build environment, and I have no time to spare to redo my vm for the third time.

Just tried this beta firmware, the internet works with me. VOIP was cancelled so couldn;t test that. I'm on MaxInfinity Ultimate.

This was my previous setting:
Manual VLAN Config
Internet VID: 1071 PRIO: 1

Pedro70

Reaction score
The only difference between the 2 presets is that “Singtel-Others” assumes that you do not have MioVoice and hence frees up port 3 for internet/lan use. Alternatively, you can set it up manually by selecting “Manual”. Need more ports? Get a gigabit switch.

In what state is LAN3 supposed to be in Singtel-Others? Vlan 10 untagged?

After applying Singtel-Others (or any other preset) and then choosng Manual it will show the values already in the boxes that correspond for the previously applied preset. For Singtel-Others it shows the value for LAN3 as vlan 0 prio 0. I wonder if those were real or just kind of placeholders meaning nothing?

Last edited:

Jasyu

Reaction score
Any idea if the current/latest firmwire for N-66 already have singtel presets already??????

James Liew

Reaction score
Hi, I referred to the first post but I am unable to connect my RT-66U as an AP from ST 2wire 2701 modem router. The 2.4G and 5G SSIDs from RT-66U are showing but there is no internet connection. May I know the settings for anyone who has successfully used it as an AP? I may have missed out a step. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Qubicfactor,
thanks for setting up this thread! It helped me to get Mio Voice to work after flashing padavan by setting it to Tag. :)

I noticed that your Mio Voice VLAN priority is different from chaicka's sticky

Yours:
LAN3: VID 30 PRIO 4 Tag

chaicka's:
VoIP: 30 (Priority = 5)

Which one is correct, and does it matter?

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I use the m1 fibre presrnt fw for this asus 56
it will auto select my router seting right without go medder with it ?

say I heard the new m1 fibre don't comes with huawei RG now
means router connect directly to ONT and the new ONT also connect to m1 free voice too

thenotveryfunnyguy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am not using a fibre optics. I'm just using a 10mbps mio package (voip n mio tv). Can I replace my NV5012 with N56U? Or do I stil need to NV5012 to do some brigding. I read the previous threads abit confused about the bridging.

Many thanks.

edmund_koh

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just sign for Singnet Fibre Sport plan & 2 setup boxes for Mio TV. Appointment early next month.

Can Asus 56 & 66 set 2 ports for Mio TV connection?
Thanks.

Hairyworm

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am not using a fibre optics. I'm just using a 10mbps mio package (voip n mio tv). Can I replace my NV5012 with N56U? Or do I stil need to NV5012 to do some brigding. I read the previous threads abit confused about the bridging.

Many thanks.
Put the 5012 behind the 56U.

Set the 5012 as bridge mode.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.