High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
突破超頻限制 非K版也能超倍頻 ASRock Z77加入「NO-K OC」功能 - 電腦領域 HKEPC Hardware - 全港 No.1 PC網站

17153711311397321492.jpg

1716305353535407594.png

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
No -K OC? Not the same as Intel limited core unlocked meh? unless they succeed to trick and turbo boost all 4 cores max? Asus and gigabyte got do that with -K chips as myself experienced it with their X79 boards, so not out of the picture. But if it is just Intel LCU...i am surprised about the ho-hah and maybe that is why the response to posts i made asking about LOC is poor because board makers did not put much attention to this feature until now!
limitedunlock.jpg

Last edited:

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good questions needing answers.

For myself, I have only bought K chips so far though. Still waiting for the budget IB G2120 Penitums to appear in Q4 ?Sept before maybe getting a no-K chip finally. :)

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest No-K OC UEFI P1.90 on Extreme6 with a 3570K CPU and as expected, no new No-K o'cing option seen. Still waiting for el cheapo IB Pentiums to appear... then can practise delidding, regreasing and retest.

6269ec1c.png

6a8d7ca3.jpg

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A rather recent Z77 mobo round up... FYI.

Hothardware Z77 Mobo Roundup II
Z77 Mobo Roundup II: EVGA, ASRock, Gigabyte, Zotac - HotHardware

hothardware_editors_choice.jpg

ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional

ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional: Although this is a fancy pro gamer-branded board, the price tag doesn’t seem to be inflated by it; considering what you get, $229.99 isn’t a bad deal at all, especially given the somewhat compelling extra Fatal1ty-branded features. The Z77 Pro can handle big-time graphics with quad-SLI/CrossFireX support, and we like the dual-LAN with teaming capability as well. It’s a little light on ports, with just six SATA ports and six USB ports (eight USB if you count the front header), although they’re all next-generation SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0, respectively. The board's also got an excellent UEFI and it was a decent overclocker. If you're looking to build an Intel-based system for gaming, the ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro is a great option.

我要买GT-R!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check. With no-k oc, it means that speedstep is disabled and the proc will be running at the oc'd clock speed 24/7 right?

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know if I can I find a list of Z77 motherboards that are compatible to Antec Kuhler and Corsair H series backplates?

I have Corsair H60 and Asrock Extreme 4-M and the backplate presses against the motherboard screws. I want to setup another Z77 system but want to make sure the cooler's backplate is 100% compatible with the motherboard...

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Consider DIY your own mounting by using better backplates cos afaik all the AIO so called 'backplates' are soft plastic pieces prone to rapid wear and tear and does not really make the block mounting rigid enough for proper contact pressure.

Basically, you will need a few items like a solid metal LGA1155-1156 backplate eg. from Noctua/Thermalright, 4 x M3/4 screws & wingnuts +/- tension springs (recommended).

You can re-use the stock metal AIO top mounting bracket like what I did here on my Kuhler 920 test rig.

74c8b7ed.jpg

eminus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MSI Introduces OC Certified Mainboards
Change the Game of Overclocking

20120807_1.jpg

(Taipei – Taiwan) MSI, the most popular overclocking brand is excited to introduce an all-new standard for overclocking stability. MSI's OC Certified standard is the new baseline for overclocking mainboards. the new MSI Z77 MPOWER, which is OC Certified, is submitted to a Military Class stress-test for overclocking. Where other motherboard manufacturers only test for a limited duration, MSI Z77 MPOWER is submitted to a 24 hour OC stress-test. Only mainboards surviving 24 hours of Prime95 while heavily overclocked. The conditions of the OC Certified test are rigorous high temperature, no airflow testing.

20120807_2.jpg

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Consider DIY your own mounting by using better backplates cos afaik all the AIO so called 'backplates' are soft plastic pieces prone to rapid wear and tear and does not really make the block mounting rigid enough for proper contact pressure.

Basically, you will need a few items like a solid metal LGA1155-1156 backplate eg. from Noctua/Thermalright, 4 x M3/4 screws & wingnuts +/- tension springs (recommended).

You can re-use the stock metal AIO top mounting bracket like what I did here on my Kuhler 920 test rig.

74c8b7ed.jpg

thought Antec's backplate is metal?

it sure feels metal to me o_O

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.