AC Ryan very 1st Android Tablet

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to be sarcastic.. but no dual core/IPS/BT and selling at $219.. and after reading thru this thread this tablet is plagued by some HW/SW issues. On top of that, you can find stores selling but ac-ryan die die wants their customers who pre-ordered to keep waiting for their overseas shipment.. IMO, seems like poor business ethics to me. Even the Nexus tablet 8gb is a much better buy.. just my 2 cents..

ACRyan TAB7 specifications.

Processor: 1GHz ARM Cortex
Memory: 1GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB NAND flash, External up to 32GB micro SD.
Network: 802.11a/b/g/n (Wi-Fi)
Display: 7inch, 1024x600 16M Colors, 3D OpenGL Engine
Connectivity: Micro USB, Mini HDMI 1.4, 3.5mm Audio jack, Micro SD slot, USB host,, DC Power jack
Misc: Front Camera, Mic, Speakers
Dimension: 123x190x10.5 (mm)
Net weight: 340grams

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NEXT WEEK AGAIN!! I'm not going to wait again.
Since I preorder, i waited to get the device, after getting the device with faulty unit. And now i have to wait again!!!
I'm really very pissed!
I wan a refund!
I really feel your pain and anguish... :(

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Was told that the new shipment would arrive last week, but last week say this week. And this week say next week! This is ridiculous... I wan a refund. Btw it's 2 x devices. Me and my gf brought it, both are faulty. Don't ask me to PM for invoice or fault, every detail is in the form that I filled in.
Tml i going down to refund.

Hi. I'm sorry to say that this is a misunderstanding between us, only reason why I did asked you to PM me your contact number or invoice number is for me to verify the records and to follow up. I say this because I cannot trace your record based on the user name you are using in this Forum.

If you did not here from us from the last time we communicated with you then we are sorry and we apologize.

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi and Good day again to Everyone.

I did mentioned in my previous post that I am waiting for the important information regarding the new shipment date. After following up, the management did verified and confirmed that the Tab7 stocks will arrive on Tuesday 24th of July. Definitely you will hear a call from us on Monday to verify your address and to inform you on what time you will receive the replacement. Please take note that there is also a possibility that the stocks will be here on Monday, which is a day earlier than the expected date as we are really pushing to get the tabs to SG. If that is the case then on Monday 23rd of July, there are chances that you can receive the replacement.

@xiaohanhan, please PM me your invoice number so that I can verify and assure you that you will also have the replacement unit on the date mentioned above.

Sorry to keep you all waiting and sorry for the delay to get your Tab replace.

Last edited:

Bonkerz16

Reaction score
Email app to check email - Yes, Gmail apps pre-install
(However you can still install any others email provider in stores)
PDF file - Yes, Full support
iPhone personal hotspot - Supported & Tested (Full signal strength)

hello,

may i ask if the hotspot is connected via an iphone-usb cable?
if yes, the ACR tab comes with a micro-usb/usb-female cable to "join" to the iphone-usb cable?

thanks...

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
hello,

may i ask if the hotspot is connected via an iphone-usb cable?
if yes, the ACR tab comes with a micro-usb/usb-female cable to "join" to the iphone-usb cable?

thanks...

Hi, this can be done by wireless. Just turn On the hotspot of your phone and connect the tab to it.

xiaohanhan

Reaction score

I did mentioned in my previous post that I am waiting for the important information regarding the new shipment date. After following up, the management did verified and confirmed that the Tab7 stocks will arrive on Tuesday 24th of July. Definitely you will hear a call from us on Monday to verify your address and to inform you on what time you will receive the replacement. Please take note that there is also a possibility that the stocks will be here on Monday, which is a day earlier than the expected date as we are really pushing to get the tabs to SG. If that is the case then on Monday 23rd of July, there are chances that you can receive the replacement.

@xiaohanhan, please PM me your invoice number so that I can verify and assure you that you will also have the replacement unit on the date mentioned above.

I make myself clear that I wanted a full refund. That it, ends of story. I will be going down within next week during your working hours.

jasoninsg

Reaction score
Batt flat and all data in internal 8GB data lost!?!?

Anyone having this issue???

My Tab 7 batt flat and the internal 8GB memory data all gone....

I need to move all my app to tablet memory only.

AC-Ryan you have not reply me since 14 July....

What is the problem????

Every time I install an app, I will move it to SD (if the app can be move). But when the batt went flat, I plug in the charger and on it back all the apps that I had moved to SD were gone.
Only left those in Tablet were still there.

I need to re-install back all the apps again.
I do not has any of this problem with all others tablet but only on this Tab 7.

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
I make myself clear that I wanted a full refund. That it, ends of story. I will be going down within next week during your working hours.

if it works let me know ok?

i think i have done my part as one of those garang beta tester.

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score

u mean u guys are still importing stocks to clear ur pre-orders? what about me? i've been using ur faulty set for close to a month already. u have better give me a replacement set this coming week (deadline 26 July 2012, i will go down to ur office) or i'm demanding a full refund.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ac-ryan is avoiding your "I want a refund" main point. Looks like you won't be getting it :s13:

Last edited:

tslshawn

Reaction score

What is the problem????

Every time I install an app, I will move it to SD (if the app can be move). But when the batt went flat, I plug in the charger and on it back all the apps that I had moved to SD were gone.

even you upgrade to the lastest ver of firmware, is this problem still occur?

techieboon

Reaction score

What is the problem????

mine too... when I power off the tab, restart again,the apps at the SD card all gone...even after upgraded to latest firmware!....
AC-Ryan...Please take note on it...thanks.

Last edited:

tslshawn

Reaction score
the link had updated. don have any issue face, just pray hard everything go smooth.

sure, but let me verify and cfm the toolkit is usable and stable for tab before i share this out.

fyi im using the toolkit is mainly for nexus 7, if you guy willing take the risk then you can visit
[ToolKit] Nexus 7 one click root tool ! - xda-developers

please take your own risk if you want to root. i wont take any resposible for unforeseen cause to your tab.

minor update for want to root or already rooted:

if you able get the waiting screen then you are in correct path, then your tab will reboot automatically upon success rooted. take note that must download and install superuser from play store to complete entire root process after the toolkit installation.

i had trying few root app such as screenshot free, open garden wifi tether and titanium backup. all working fine without any issue. i haven done the unroot yet so don ask me anything regard of this.
rmd get root checker to verify the device is being rooted and superuser installed.

techieboon

Reaction score
minor update for want to root or already rooted:

if you able get the waiting screen then you are in correct path, then your tab will reboot automatically upon success rooted. take note that must download and install superuser from play store to complete entire root process after the toolkit installation.

i had trying few root app such as screenshot free, open garden wifi tether and titanium backup. all working fine without any issue. i haven done the unroot yet so don ask me anything regard of this.
rmd get root checker to verify the device is being rooted and superuser installed.

thanks for the update!
have you success in flashing CWM?
I installed roots apps like Battery Calibration,Set Cpu..can run no problem..
But the root apps was not show on superuser program???

tslshawn

Reaction score
thanks for the update!
have you success in flashing CWM?
I installed roots apps like Battery Calibration,Set Cpu..can run no problem..
But the root apps was not show on superuser program???

ya, same...just wonder why no record appear in log...since everything working well, i didnt priority on this as issue. if i or anyone found out the solution, please share it here. my moto phone got all the record if the app need to grant the privilege.

i don think any rom can success flash into this device yet. if anyone found out a workable way to do the flash, please share i will appreciate so much. fail to flash in cm9 miui T_T

today try using hdmi watching show, only shiok when it play the HD movie...fully expand in my 42 inch tv unlike my previous tablet did not expand full=.=

if this tab have better qc rate and better cpu, this tablet will be nice to have.

zzedg3

Reaction score
ACR, is the casing/pouch out on sales in sg ?
It seem very long from your previous update...

Without an casing to protect it, it's so not convenient to bring out at all... any1 got any pouch suggestion ?

zzedg3

Reaction score
Hi All,

ACR has released another new firmware for our tab7,

Version: Firmware 4.0.4 ACR 20120723.T7 Version1.1.4

Changelog:

•Remove 'Silly faces' special effects in video capture options
•Remove 'Automatic time zone' from SETTINGS > Date & time options
•Google Play website now displays device as A.C.Ryan Tab 7
•Model number in SETTINGS > About tablet is now displayed as 'Tab 7'
•Improve touch accuracy while tablet is in use during charging
•Improve Bluetooth function compatibility to work with more external USB Bluetooth dongles

!!Note that before proceeding, the Tab7 must be fully charged and it has good wireless connection to avoid any trouble during downloading and upgrading.!

Credit information from: ACR official email website

AC Ryan - View topic - Firmware 4.0.4 ACR 20120723.T7 Version1.1.4

My review so far:

-Upgrade firmware is fastest then previous firmware
-Lag is way much better compare to previous or even default firmware
-Touch sensor is WOW! improvement can be feel and really appreciate such effort from ACR!
-Timeclock , updated as per internet timezone (don't have to worry of the time delay)
-Wifi signal (As usual, signal very strong and stable)
-Battery life is way way better, 10hrs (3 time background game running) no issue at all.

Will update more if i notice any defect for sure.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.