Question about NTU hall!

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Management comm people get rooms the year they are elected regardless of their points. Not sure how whether the tier 1 clubs work similiarly but the constituent clubs work that way. However, they will have to wait till after the elections before they get a room and they do not have a choice of where or who they stay with.

The points given is for hall application the following year and not the year of service.

Hmmm... tier 1 has this option yes, but still is not guaranteed get, still based on availability, just that you placed on priority. Takes quite a while to process also, not to mention next year u suffer a 2 pt cut. :(

kcxdes

Reaction score
Hmmm... tier 1 has this option yes, but still is not guaranteed get, still based on availability, just that you placed on priority. Takes quite a while to process also, not to mention next year u suffer a 2 pt cut. :(

Usually will have availability by 2-3 months cos every year there are freshies that move out deciding that hall life is not for them.

Yeah there is that 2 pts cut but to some ppl, having a room this year is good enough. Unless you stay really far away, whether there is that 2 point cut or not won't really help you get a hall much faster the following year when the cutoff point is still something like 13 or 14 as of last month if i didn't recall wrongly from the email SAO sent me.

Last edited:

solarwings

Reaction score
No, for 1st yrs usually will be with locals and foreigners with foreigners. Never heard a case of locals paired with foreigners for freshies UNLESS the initial roommate who should be a local pull out of the room and the person on the waiting list who move in happens to be a foreigner

I'm a 1st year who choose random, then got a china person as roommate

kcxdes

Reaction score
I'm a 1st year who choose random, then got a china person as roommate

U damn heng lo. I stay hall 3 yrs besides those who got room in round 2 and later, no freshie got PRC as roommate and none of my friends who stay in hall kanna that as well.

However, this academic year with the COP being 17, 2 points higher than last academic yr 15, its very easy for those who have roommates who only get their rooms in round 1-3 to be foreigners as almost no locals will be able to meet the COP for the first few rounds of room allocation unless they are on rec list. Unlike previous years where locals can still meet the COP.

thenewguy

Master Member
Reaction score
quite funny..i dun really like to stay in hall but i always can meet the cop..:/whereas those that want to stay hall always fail it..

they also do so much work to get into rec list..but i only participate in 1 hall activity still can get 7pts from hall..:/

i chose hall so that i can study better in the sense i can meet profs to clarify qns or attend classes easier..also during exams period is quite good..

as for the playing part..i dun bother as its a waste of time mingling with all of those pple (theres too many pple)..unfortunately as much as i want to join in the festivities every night, my grades would be affected..unless ur those smart pple study 1 night ok le..den by all means join in the fun

if not if u hang out with them everyday ur probably going to end up failing or doing badly for most of ur exams..i dun think i've ever met any siao-on hall pple who did well for their cgpa..its very hard to juggle both..hard truths

fyi: i've stayed in hall for all 4yrs of my uni life, just grad..i would advise TS to think carefully if he/she wants to stay in hall..dun be lured in by all the fun that it provides..ur going to university for a reason after all

my 2 cents

Last edited:

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quite funny..i dun really like to stay in hall but i always can meet the cop..:/whereas those that want to stay hall always fail it..

they also do so much work to get into rec list..but i only participate in 1 hall activity still can get 7pts from hall..:/

i chose hall so that i can study better in the sense i can meet profs to clarify qns or attend classes easier..also during exams period is quite good..

as for the playing part..i dun bother as its a waste of time mingling with all of those pple (theres too many pple)..unfortunately as much as i want to join in the festivities every night, my grades would be affected..unless ur those smart pple study 1 night ok le..den by all means join in the fun

if not if u hang out with them everyday ur probably going to end up failing or doing badly for most of ur exams..i dun think i've ever met any siao-on hall pple who did well for their cgpa..its very hard to juggle both..hard truths

fyi: i've stayed in hall for all 4yrs of my uni life, just grad..i would advise TS to think carefully if he/she wants to stay in hall..dun be lured in by all the fun that it provides..ur going to university for a reason after all

my 2 cents

I stayed in hall 16 for my entire 3 yrs. Never once joined a hall activity and have very few hall friends from my hall. :crazy:

pekipom

Reaction score
I stayed in hall 16 for my entire 3 yrs. Never once joined a hall activity and have very few hall friends from my hall. :crazy:
wah is that how you managed your FCH? quite sian leh if you just go in to mug... but you at least have a few hobbies right? like maybe playing an instrument, a sport or something

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah is that how you managed your FCH? quite sian leh if you just go in to mug... but you at least have a few hobbies right? like maybe playing an instrument, a sport or something

hahaha.. ok lah.. i have friends from my CCA in other halls. not really interested in sports, but i do feed cats in hall 7:)

thenewguy

Master Member
Reaction score

if ur in engineering life is like that de..:) my friend and roomie that i knew in year 1 also mug like siao..now cgpa 4.8...nominated for valedictorian for EEE..but i think mug too hard so no one noe him.. he prob wont get it :crazy:

Last edited:

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah who sia? I oso know sum1 liddat.. mug hard, 4.8+ cgpa and valedictorian nominee

too bad i am sibeh lazy type :crazy:

thenewguy

Master Member
Reaction score
wah who sia? I oso know sum1 liddat.. mug hard, 4.8+ cgpa and valedictorian nominee

too bad i am sibeh lazy type :crazy:

the very "famous" howe li (hai) hahaha..he was my roomie for first year and he tutored me in physics chem maths everything la..if not for him i wouldnt be where i am today..

hes the most hardcore student i ever knew..dun think got anyone more hardworking than him..dare to bet my kkj on this :s22:

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the very "famous" howe li (hai) hahaha..he was my roomie for first year and he tutored me in physics chem maths everything la..if not for him i wouldnt be where i am today..

hes the most hardcore student i ever knew..dun think got anyone more hardworking than him..dare to bet my kkj on this :s22:

hahaha.. never here b4 :crazy: the most famous eee person is hou yi (or spelling somewhat liddat) whom I get almost all my tut and pyp answers from for year 2-3 :o

pinksherry

Reaction score
How did people stay in halls for like 3, 4 years if they don't participate in hall activities? Any difference also if I join or do not join my hall camp? :(

kimberchin

Reaction score
Stayed in hall 1, hall 4 and hall 3. Each hall has it's pros and cons la. Hall 1 had my own attached toilets but shared with tiong, they super dirty. Hall 4 rooms are old but they are the biggest, have alot more space than the rest. hall 3 got aircon and got lift. :) newest block then. Was nicknamed 'condo' too.

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How did people stay in halls for like 3, 4 years if they don't participate in hall activities? Any difference also if I join or do not join my hall camp? :(

:D join a high tier cca and go main comm..

i din join hall camp or any hall activities for the matter:o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.