BlackBerry PlayBook

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4g playbook also next year release?! wa lao..canada getting it tomorrow alr lo..

Blame our damn telco can. I also wan local set.
Oh mai telco why why you! :(

Check out the 10 inch model :p

Last edited:

congz22

Reaction score
Blame our damn telco can. I also wan local set.
Oh singtel and m1 why why you! :(

Check out the 10 inch model :p

confirm will be next year alr? wa liddis must buy from online alr..haha i saw already..but don't really like 10 inch leh..prefer 7 inch form factor.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Made a small mistake, the reason and the (colour) of telco all, I post online on hwzbb liao.
[Corrected your post too]
confirm will be next year alr? wa liddis must buy from onlinemaddy alr..haha i saw already..but don't really like 10 inch leh..prefer 7 inch form factor.

7inch one will launch after sept as I have been told, but nothing concrete. If that telco say they still can't commit, idk what will be the next step yet.

:s13:

congz22

Reaction score
@maddy i'd love to buy it off contract, but the price is steep :( was hoping to get it with a shared data plan so that i can share my bb data!

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@maddy i'd love to buy it off contract, but the price is steep :( was hoping to get it with a shared data plan so that i can share my bb data!

This just get 9900/9860 or sonething, wifihotspot and/or bridge can already. No need pay for multi sim bla bla... On the current pb good enuf (unless u wan that +0.5ghz of power...)

congz22

Reaction score
This just get 9900/9860 or sonething, wifihotspot and/or bridge can already. No need pay for multi sim bla bla... On the current pb good enuf (unless u wan that +0.5ghz of power...)

haha i using the 9810 alr. i don't wanna have to keep turning bridge on and off leh. and if i leave the bridge on my batt on my phone can't last. very irritating..that's why wanted to get the 4g playbook cos more convenient to use..but if really have to wait so long i think i'll just make do first haha

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah true that. :s22:

Use the sanyo battery pack; add 5000mah of juice. :s13:

But is pay at least $5+ more per month for extra micro sim :(

haha i using the 9810 alr. i don't wanna have to keep turning bridge on and off leh. and if i leave the bridge on my batt on my phone can't last. very irritating..that's why wanted to get the 4g playbook cos more convenient to use..but if really have to wait so long i think i'll just make do first haha

bernong1

Reaction score
Its still in production, should be able to find
I checked spider88.com.sg, Challenger etc. No one seems to have it in stock anymore.

I am still thinking about whether to get the non-4G, or wait for the 7-inch 32GB 4G model to take advantage of the extra 0.5GHz CPU clock speed, and have the option of 4G if I decide to use 4G instead of Bridge.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah true them.

I might be able to find a few at normal (expensive) retail price somewhere.

I checked spider88.com.sg, Challenger etc. No one seems to have it in stock anymore.

I am still thinking about whether to get the non-4G, or wait for the 7-inch 32GB 4G model to take advantage of the extra 0.5GHz CPU clock speed, and have the option of 4G if I decide to use 4G instead of Bridge.

4G, you'll need get a microsim, and it has to be a special version one (if I recall correctly) and have to apparently pay extra for that. Date of release won't be anytime early from what I was told earlier this month haven't really asked them again. Singtel & starhub has it in testing for months already, while the last problematic newbie was late (very) in the game of network and this 4g device.

congz22

Reaction score
Ah true that. :s22:

Use the sanyo battery pack; add 5000mah of juice. :s13:

But is pay at least $5+ more per month for extra micro sim :(

true..but i don't mind paying the extra 5 bucks leh...i'm using innergie's pocketcell now. very good charger, but very mafan to keep in pocket when charging haha!

bernong1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Maddy.

Do you know whether the multiSim for the playbook follows the same plan as the BB phone? For example, I have BB plan and BB dataroam. If I get the multiSim for Playbook, will the playbook have BB dataroam access through 4G (provided the foreign country support 4G, of course)?...Hmmm...Am I even making sense of this?

Ah true them.

I might be able to find a few at normal (expensive) retail price somewhere.

4G, you'll need get a microsim, and it has to be a special version one (if I recall correctly) and have to apparently pay extra for that. Date of release won't be anytime early from what I was told earlier this month haven't really asked them again. Singtel & starhub has it in testing for months already, while the last problematic newbie was late (very) in the game of network and this 4g device.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Multisim just allows u to use the same plan and number on different (or a few) sim cards.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.