Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF-700)

patrickgoh

Reaction score
Thanks! Bought gold color from best denki! Can't wait to try it!

Enjoy!:)

I have 3 screen protectors. If you want, I can sell you one cost to cost. I am keeping the last one cos I may get one more unit. :)

PM me if you are keen.

Cheers.

tpkw

Reaction score
Got the whole package from Amazon, TF700, docking keyboard, protective screen and cover. :)

Yo bro, can share the breakdown of the total cost from Amazon? I wanna buy one for my gf as her birthday present =)

natassevil74

Reaction score
OEM wall charger cheaper in SLS or ebay?

Just want to find out a a simple OEM wall charger for Asus Transformer Pad series going for US$11 with free shipping on ebay, will it be cheaper in Singapore, perhaps at SLS?

If so, any particular shop I can find in SLS?

I'm thinking of spending that US$11 instead of hunting high and low in SLS. But if it is drastically cheaper in SLS, then maybe worth the hunting around.

thank you!

celsus

Reaction score
Played around with this at Funan the other day and it really is as amazing as it states.

What I don't get is this is a 128GB 1920x1200 touchscreen tablet device retailing at just over $1000... yet to find those specs on a laptop, you add $7-800 over a SATA HDD 1366x768 model (if these options are available at all). Can the difference in price really be justified anymore for these options on mainstream laptops?

Very very tempted to buy this

tnatna

Master Member
Reaction score
where in funan you found it to play?

Played around with this at Funan the other day and it really is as amazing as it states.

What I don't get is this is a 128GB 1920x1200 touchscreen tablet device retailing at just over $1000... yet to find those specs on a laptop, you add $7-800 over a SATA HDD 1366x768 model (if these options are available at all). Can the difference in price really be justified anymore for these options on mainstream laptops?

shokbakgoc

Master Member
Reaction score

Cannot compare with mainstream laptop. Totally different processor & OS.

HOLYMOFO

Master Member
Reaction score
amazon currently selling US$488 for 32gb which is about S$700+ after counting gst & shipping. US$588 for 64gb which is about S$860 after counting gst & shipping. only bad thing is warranty issue i supposed. go malaysia buy also cheaper lor LINK

It's already available, $1099.

Challenger selling $1088 for members.

ASUS Singapore | Facebook

23670300.jpg

Last edited:

celsus

Reaction score
Cannot compare with mainstream laptop. Totally different processor & OS.

no, im saying adjusting for the same os/processor between upgrading, you still find it ex

e.g. Core i5 Win 7 320GB SATA 1366x768 -> Core i5 Win7 128GB SSD 1920x1200 model will be about $7-800 more

But you put that resolution and ssd on a tablet and yet they can still sell for $1k range. Cannot be the screen and SSD cost $7-800. makes no sense

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no, im saying adjusting for the same os/processor between upgrading, you still find it ex

e.g. Core i5 Win 7 320GB SATA 1366x768 -> Core i5 Win7 128GB SSD 1920x1200 model will be about $7-800 more

But you put that resolution and ssd on a tablet and yet they can still sell for $1k range. Cannot be the screen and SSD cost $7-800. makes no sense
Ah...one very big factor always forgotten.....

The proprietary chop Singapore carrot head tax. :(

patrickgoh

Reaction score
The new ipad 64GB selling at US$699 and the TF700 tablet alone is US$599. It is still cheaper considering that it is a top notch tablet.

However, US$149 for the keyboard dock cum battery is on the high side.

However, based on current exchange rates it should be cheaper but you still need to pay shipping & taxes.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The new ipad 64GB selling at US$699 and the TF700 tablet alone is US$599. It is still cheaper considering that it is a top notch tablet.

However, US$149 for the keyboard dock cum battery is on the high side.

However, based on current exchange rates it should be cheaper but you still need to pay shipping & taxes.
S$1099 vs S$918 for both 64gb.

Not sure if the dock is included, if not, then that's S$180 of extra hurt. :D

foreseer

Banned
Reaction score
looks nice cept no 3G. and a bit bigger (good and bad)

from Asus' facebook they saying it will include the dock?

"Dear all, Transformer Pad Infinity as posted above will have both colors available and keyboard dock is included. Right now, TF700T is 64GB and comes with Wifi features. Other variations like 32GB and/or 3G version shall be announced once we have the information. "

will have 3G meh? they sound like yes but no where on the net is this confirmed

foreseer

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, what computing power are you trading off???? Please enlighten me

"Globally, ASUS will sell 3G and 4G LTE models of the Transformer Pad Infinity. Both of these versions use a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Krait dual-core processor instead of the Tegra 3 quad-core chip that powers the Wi-Fi only model."

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.