Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can bridge mode user also have access to the admin config using the unused lan port on zhone?

it is possible to set bridging the unuse lan port with port isolation to wifi and set it as extra AP for the home network

so become internet -> bridged zhone -> own router -> router lan port to zhone router unused port bridged to wifi as AP

VQ, is this possible?

AntonS

Reaction score
VQ, is this possible?

This is quite complex and we have not done this kind of setup before...
Just using the Zhone as the router instead will eliminate any potential problems that could arise from this setup such as wireless interference. The Zhone can already do 3 wifi SSIDs if you need to separate the users such as guests from your own network.

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is quite complex and we have not done this kind of setup before...
Just using the Zhone as the router instead will eliminate any potential problems that could arise from this setup such as wireless interference. The Zhone can already do 3 wifi SSIDs if you need to separate the users such as guests from your own network.

should be fairly easily as the only config i need on the zhone is the wifi to be bridge to one of the unused port (eg port 4 with the port unbridge to existing LAN of zhone or untagged vlan ) of the zhone router, no ip needed on the interface. since the zhone can only support 144mpbs for now, i hoping i can use the zhone wifi as a AP for my mobile device on my network and is on different channel and ssid from the existing AP

am i right to say, bridge mode user still can access the router admin page, using the unused port? can i have access to the page to manage the wifi?

since zhone is a all in one and powerful enough to have advanced configuration, might as well use it

Last edited:

AndyShin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi viewquest do u monitor torrenting p2p software if they download alot, or u will cap/blacklist?

Last edited:

AntonS

Reaction score
should be fairly easily as the only config i need on the zhone is the wifi to be bridge to one of the unused port (eg port 4 with the port unbridge to existing LAN of zhone or untagged vlan ) of the zhone router, no ip needed on the interface. since the zhone can only support 144mpbs for now, i hoping i can use the zhone wifi as a AP for my mobile device on my network and is on different channel and ssid from the existing AP

am i right to say, bridge mode user still can access the router admin page, using the unused port? can i have access to the page to manage the wifi?

since zhone is a all in one and powerful enough to have advanced configuration, might as well use it

Can't use the Zhone's wifi as bridged, the wifi is part of the router function and runs vlans. Would have to check with Zhone if it's possible and how to configure it.

AntonS

Reaction score
hi viewquest do u monitor torrenting p2p software if they download alot, or u will cap/blacklist?

We do not monitor torrenting. However if our upstream links get saturated and our users start complaining that everything is becoming slow we will track down the culprit (easily found if his bandwidth usage is constantly peaking over a long period of time) and give him a warning. If the warning is ignored we will either temporarily suspend or throttle his connection to non-service affecting levels so that other users are not affected. Currently we still have a large amount of unused bandwidth and are constantly upgrading it to meet new demand, so there should not be any issues to the overall network.
If you meant amount of downloads, you can download/torrent as much as you want...

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't use the Zhone's wifi as bridged, the wifi is part of the router function and runs vlans. Would have to check with Zhone if it's possible and how to configure it.

is it possible for me to obtain the admin and explore the function?

Bright

Banned
Reaction score
Hi VQ

I have you for the last 2 months. Very fast, stable and your helpdesk is very helpful and swift, definitely listening and not FAQ based ... I am absolutely happy with your guys. My children do not complain about spike in latency during the peak hours when they game anymore when i am on BIT

Far better than the Red, Yellow and Green incumbents.

Keep up your good work !!

AC2

Reaction score
Hi VQ

I have you for the last 2 months. Very fast, stable and your helpdesk is very helpful and swift, definitely listening and not FAQ based ... I am absolutely happy with your guys. My children do not complain about spike in latency during the peak hours when they game anymore when i am on BIT

Far better than the Red, Yellow and Green incumbents.

Keep up your good work !!

Definitely better from my past experience with Red and Green( nvr tried orange on broadband-doubt i will try in future lol)

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm on apple airport extreme. will it works with Zhone?
VQ has static ip?

besides GIRO, what other payment option?

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm on apple airport extreme. will it works with Zhone?
VQ has static ip?

besides GIRO, what other payment option?
Apple Airport Extreme should support since with the latest firmware version, it fully supports IPv4 and IPv6.

Having said that, I will let AntonS to confirm since VQ's DHCP-Static IPv4 and IPv6 IP assigning is a little unique.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Having said that, I will let AntonS to confirm since VQ's DHCP-Static IPv4 and IPv6 IP assigning is a little unique.

I also do the same way of assigning static IP for my LAN devices, better managed and maintained, centralised.
As for IPv6, I believe we will be given a range of IPs, not just one.

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also do the same way of assigning static IP for my LAN devices, better managed and maintained, centralised.
As for IPv6, I believe we will be given a range of IPs, not just one.
IPv4 part is easy and non-issue. The compatibility part is on IPv6. Thus, my comment that only AntonS will be able to confirm.

AntonS

Reaction score
IPv4 part is easy and non-issue. The compatibility part is on IPv6. Thus, my comment that only AntonS will be able to confirm.

The Zhone does not support IPv6 yet, it only does passthrough. So while the IPv4 is assigned as a DHCP-Static, the IPv6 is purely static assigned. This means you would have to type in the long IPv6 addresses in manually into your IPv6-supporting router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.