Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF-700)

beerope

Banned
Reaction score
"Globally, ASUS will sell 3G and 4G LTE models of the Transformer Pad Infinity. Both of these versions use a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Krait dual-core processor instead of the Tegra 3 quad-core chip that powers the Wi-Fi only model."

Yeah those are facts. So? You haven't explain what computing power are you trading off. Please enlighten me on it

foreseer

Banned
Reaction score

beerope

Banned
Reaction score
very good performance comparison, thanks.

and beerope you have a problem? being unsure of the specs and 1 having quadcore gives me the impression that it better performs (and as we can see, it does better perform in many aspects).

i have used snapdragon on an acer before... after which i failed both the acer and the snapdragon.

That was just because they were on 2 different phones. Take a look at this vid, S4 One X vs Tegra One X

AT&T HTC One X vs Tegra 3 One X (Benchmarks) - YouTube

foreseer

Banned
Reaction score
either way Asus has not mentioned anything about the 3G version......... which is bad because it maybe coming out only like more than 3 months from now (possible)

patrickgoh

Reaction score
Overall, I am happy with the TF700.

The Pros

Screen - It is excellent but need more apps to support it. I tried a number of Tegra 3 optimized games and it is beautiful but battery life shortened by a fair bit. Reading ebooks on Kindle is really pleasing for my aging eyes.

Battery Life - For daily use, I have bluetooth turned on permanently for internet connection linked to my S3, both devices can last me a good 8-10 hours with moderate usage.

Entertainment - The device is great for watching movies, 3 full length movies and with some juice left. Vibe Fun Centre gives me free music.

Camera - Shots are pretty good and clear. Good enough for any novice. Of course, the screen makes the pics look good as well.

Keyboard Dock - This is a must if you need to do serious work like typing a proposal or long email. Besides, the multi touch pad, it has a USB port, a SD Card slot and built in battery to give you up to 14 hours of usage.

The TF700 comes with Splashtop Remote Desktop which you can remotely access your Windows PC. It is a no brainer to set up. As for me, I am using Mac, so it does not make a diff. Having my office docs sync across my mac and tablet is the solution for me. It also comes with free cloud storage which I use to sync my pics but I am using Gdrive for my office docs.

The Cons

1) The device is speedy but I there are still IO issues that still exist. I get occasional "wait or force close". This is where the Ipad never fails me.

2) Wifi signal is weak compared to my Macbook, Ipad and S3

3) DLNA performance is below par

4) Overall, price is on the high side.

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The Pros

Screen - It is excellent but need more apps to support it. I tried a number of Tegra 3 optimized games and it is beautiful but battery life shortened by a fair bit. Reading ebooks on Kindle is really pleasing for my aging eyes.

Battery Life - For daily use, I have bluetooth turned on permanently for internet connection linked to my S3, both devices can last me a good 8-10 hours with moderate usage.

Entertainment - The device is great for watching movies, 3 full length movies and with some juice left. Vibe Fun Centre gives me free music.

Camera - Shots are pretty good and clear. Good enough for any novice. Of course, the screen makes the pics look good as well.

Keyboard Dock - This is a must if you need to do serious work like typing a proposal or long email. Besides, the multi touch pad, it has a USB port, a SD Card slot and built in battery to give you up to 14 hours of usage.

The TF700 comes with Splashtop Remote Desktop which you can remotely access your Windows PC. It is a no brainer to set up. As for me, I am using Mac, so it does not make a diff. Having my office docs sync across my mac and tablet is the solution for me. It also comes with free cloud storage which I use to sync my pics but I am using Gdrive for my office docs.

The Cons

1) The device is speedy but I there are still IO issues that still exist. I get occasional "wait or force close". This is where the Ipad never fails me.

bro thanks man....appreciate it.

tnatna

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for the review. what i hated about the Tprime was when i took macro shots of documents, it used to become black (with flash) when too close. By contrast, with samsung note, i did not have that problem. The flash lighted up the docs evenly and i never ever got the dark shots.

the quality of the Tprime lens was such that the centre of the picture was very sharp, but progressive got worse in quality towards the sides.

Does the TF700 suffer from these two problems?

The Pros

The Cons

patrickgoh

Reaction score
thanks for the review. what i hated about the Tprime was when i took macro shots of documents, it used to become black (with flash) when too close. By contrast, with samsung note, i did not have that problem. The flash lighted up the docs evenly and i never ever got the dark shots.

the quality of the Tprime lens was such that the centre of the picture was very sharp, but progressive got worse in quality towards the sides.

Does the TF700 suffer from these two problems?

I think the issue with blurness on the sides still exist, see shot taken in my previous post. The article on the sides are blurred while the centre is alright.

img20120806190114.jpg

tnatna

Master Member
Reaction score
wow the difference quite major hor? in the centre was incredibly beautiful though!

as for the flash problem, later on, for prime, i just increase exposure instead of using flash, and reposition to ensure i don't cast a shadow on the article.

foreseer

Banned
Reaction score
see people say wifi sucks i tulan liao............. somemore no 3g... deal breaker for me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.