Selection Q number : 284
total number of selected unit 888 - 672 = 216
total number of drop out 284 - 216 = 68
% drop out is 68/284 x100% = 23.94%

And base on the Ethnic Quota
Chinese : 554
Malay :189
Others : 92

If all remaining unit from tomorrow is selected by chinese the last q number before the ethnic Quota for chinese is reach would be 284 + 554 = 838.

And should there be no more drop out the q number will end @ 888+ 68 = 956

techielim

Reaction score
Queue Number

Last Queue Number invited for selection of a 4-Room flat in Kallang / Whampoa under the May 2012 BTO exercise as at 21 Aug 2012 : 00295

11 Queue today

keithster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I guess the main problem is that he do not have enough CPF saving and do not have cash for the up front payment of 10% .

What i do not understand is why fork out $150 000 during key collection. Unless you loan from bank and not HDB!

according to him, he does not enough $$$ and CPF to pay for upfront of 10 + 3%.

he needs to fork out $150,000 in cash during key collection apart from another 10% is because he has not sell off his current flat yet. HDB does not allow contra.

waltsong10

Reaction score

he needs to fork out $150,000 in cash during key collection apart from another 10% is because he has not sell off his current flat yet. HDB does not allow contra.

Well one can consider getting a bridging loan. PM me if you need more details!

keithster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

ya... i think this is good for me too cos i will hit the same problem as him. what is the interest rate for bridging loan and how long is the repayment period?

farmer71

Reaction score

Hi , i have Pm you

ya... i think this is good for me too cos i will hit the same problem as him. what is the interest rate for bridging loan and how long is the repayment period?

We have the same problem too.... I am a second timer too.
Can still sort it out before my q date.

keithster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi , i have Pm you

We have the same problem too.... I am a second timer too.
Can still sort it out before my q date.

lol...dunno you have same problem as me.

seems like HDB nowadays dun allow people to do contra like before...

keithster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
does anyone know when we apply for HLE, do we include our AWS and Variable Bonus as the allowance?

Iristan

Reaction score
Below 30 pay 5% downpayment first
After 30 pay 10% downpayment.
Can use CPF to pay but will only need to top up cash if CPF not enough

So on average if the flat cost 550K.
your first payment of 10% + stamp duty will add up to around 67K.

For your next quesstion. They will take the younger age between you and husband.

For both couple that hit 30 yrs old, they need to pay 5% cash during the 2nd appt which is 4-6 mths later then the balance 15% from CPF. If one party hit 30 yrs old and the other party below, the full 20% can be deducted from CPF. In other words, u don't have to come out cash.

OkiinO

Reaction score
does anyone know when we apply for HLE, do we include our AWS and Variable Bonus as the allowance?

The HDB officer told me for allowance to be compute and for consideration in HLE, the allowance must be constantly monthly. That means your organsiation paid you your monthly salary plus a consistent allowance amt...

farmer71

Reaction score
For both couple that hit 30 yrs old, they need to pay 5% cash during the 2nd appt which is 4-6 mths later then the balance 15% from CPF. If one party hit 30 yrs old and the other party below, the full 20% can be deducted from CPF. In other words, u don't have to come out cash.

Correct me if i am wrong.
For the above 30 part. That is ture only if you loan from bank.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

actually there is a way just that he doesnt ask the right ppl...

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Second that. Don't understand why is there a need to repeat the same stuff over and over again.

The previous racial drama has already left us with no more racial update. I wonder what's this drama gonna cost us ):

fully understand and have the same feeling.... do you realise it is always the extra odd ones that cause alot of problem? in life, family and work also the same. Revolution/Opposition can be good but usually they make life worst.

Last edited:

farmer71

Reaction score
lol...dunno you have same problem as me.

seems like HDB nowadays dun allow people to do contra like before...

Below is taken from HDB website. I guess your friend is affected by the one highted in red.

Btw have you fully paid for your first loan?

[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]Downpayment of purchase price
HDB flats
If you are taking a housing loan from HDB or if you are not taking any loan, you have to pay 10% of the purchase price of the flat as downpayment. You can use your CPF savings to make the downpayment. If your CPF savings are not enough, you will have to pay the balance in cash.

If you are taking a housing loan from banks, the downpayment and mode of payment are as follows:

[*]5 % of purchase price in Cash
[*]balance 15 % pay with your CPF Savings or Cash
[/LIST]

If you have one or more outstanding housing loans (whether from HDB or a financial institution regulated by MAS) at the time of applying for a housing loan from banks or financial institutions, the mode of payment for the downpayment is as follows:

20 % of purchase price
  • 10 % in cash
  • 10 % in CPF Saving or Cash

keithster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Below is taken from HDB website. I guess your friend is affected by the one highted in red.

Btw have you fully paid for your first loan?

[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]Downpayment of purchase price
HDB flats
If you are taking a housing loan from HDB or if you are not taking any loan, you have to pay 10% of the purchase price of the flat as downpayment. You can use your CPF savings to make the downpayment. If your CPF savings are not enough, you will have to pay the balance in cash.

If you are taking a housing loan from banks, the downpayment and mode of payment are as follows:

[*]5 % of purchase price in Cash
[*]balance 15 % pay with your CPF Savings or Cash
[/LIST]

If you have one or more outstanding housing loans (whether from HDB or a financial institution regulated by MAS) at the time of applying for a housing loan from banks or financial institutions, the mode of payment for the downpayment is as follows:

20 % of purchase price
  • 10 % in cash
  • 10 % in CPF Saving or Cash

no, i have not fully paid for my 1st loan leh. i guess a lot of ppl are the same like me.

i dun quite understand about the portion in red. when signing the lease of agreement, i need to pay 10 + 3%. when collecting keys, i need to pay another 10%. so this portion applies to??????

farmer71

Reaction score
no, i have not fully paid for my 1st loan leh. i guess a lot of ppl are the same like me.

i dun quite understand about the portion in red. when signing the lease of agreement, i need to pay 10 + 3%. when collecting keys, i need to pay another 10%. so this portion applies to??????

I guess if you have not fully paid for your first loan ,it will be more troublesome. And worst if you are taking a second loan from Bank. As you will need to pay 10% cash up front.

Best is you go down to HDB and ask. They have a few counter for Q & A and the waiting time is very short.

keithster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I guess if you have not fully paid for your first loan ,it will be more troublesome. And worst if you are taking a second loan from Bank. As you will need to pay 10% cash up front.

Best is you go down to HDB and ask. They have a few counter for Q & A and the waiting time is very short.

ok thanks... i will go down this sat to enquire...

techielim

Reaction score
Have been monitoring the tenders put up by HDB since June. Apparently only MT hv been put up and closed. Now awaiting results for winning contractor which will be mid sept. BL still hv no tenders beIng put up. Maybe I missed it. Even other projects mostly hv been put up for tenders. I think MT needs to start construction as the site is really close to residential. Faster start n end.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway I am just sharing my research with people who had not choosen a flat,if you want to see it that way and so be it,if I had not choosen my unit,another guy will accuse me of try to talk up BL so I have more chance at MT. As for some who say I am bragging,bro buying a smallest 3 room here,what is there to brag about,I am not buying a bungalow at nassin hill. Seriously doesnt anyone know what they are buying,you are buying a hdb with no chance of a flip like a private. Having a good q is not my fault,I am just lucky. I do know a large part is kind about the information I provide but some do think I am robbing their chance of selecting their flat by telling the merits. As one have more in life,the path they choose to walk should always wider,y keep yourself hold up in your small little corner.

It is not what you say that pissed ppl the most. It is how you said. Further aggrevated by what you said. You are entitled to your view but others are entitled to theirs. If by sastifying ur ego you intruded others rights and happiness, i think you have made a error and fault. If you are truly helping. Just write once or twice is sufficient. No need keep repeating to get attention and defend your ego. It pissed ppl more and is like adding more oil to burn urself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.