What you should know about applying for IPO shares listed in SGX

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
A detail discussion thread of all ipo can be found below

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...po-current-latest-ipo-discussion-4769503.html

How to apply for ipo?

step 1: make sure u have a cdp account
step 2: take private placement from broker, but 1% placement fee and depends on supply from broker side
or
step 2: go atm/internet banking to place bid at $2 fee.
step 3: check for result

to sell your ipo shares (provided you have)
step 1: you need to have a brokerage/trading account to sell(not scb)
step 2: login and sell

simple?
--------------------------

A. What is an initial public offering (“IPO”)
An Initial Public Offering, often known as an “IPO” is the process of a private company listing and becoming a publicly traded and owned enterprise.

B. Why do company list?
Often the reason for a listing is to raise funds for expansion although a listing could be one method for investors to exit or realise their investment in a private
company.

C. WHERE DO I FIND INFORMATION OF THE NEXT IPO TO BE LISTED
SGX - Singapore Exchange Ltd

q24aw.jpg

C. Where do i find the Prospectus of the IPO

go to OPERA - Home Page

du6RN.jpg

lD4Ja.jpg

3rsR8.jpg

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Singapore IPOs: Lessons on IPOs

IPOing 101 - How to apply for IPO shares?
This post only covers applying for the "public tranche" of the IPO shares.

Step 1: Open a CDP account with SGX.

Without a CDP account, you will not be able to apply for the IPO shares as you need to key in your CDP account number the first time you apply for the shares. For your convenience, you may want to open a CDP account with any brokerage firms.

Step 2: Ensure you have an account with our local banks here and the ATM card.

images

listing, it has to choose an underwriter or placement agent. Which placement agent do you always see on the IPO prospectus? It is none other than DBS Bank. You may wonder why DBS bank is always the "first port of call'? The reason is simple. DBS (together with POSB) owns the widest network of ATM machines in Singapore.

If you ask around, almost everyone here has either a DBS or POSB account or both! This is why if you have a DBS or POSB account, you can probably apply for all the IPOs via their ATMs. This will include applying via their internet banking platform as well. (I will apply for the IPOs via DBS's internet banking if they are available). If there are sufficient time to launch the IPO, the underwriters may then expand this offer to other banking networks such as UOB or OCBC.

Step 3: Apply for the shares at the IPO tranche via ATM or Internet Banking before the closing date and time.
Usually before 12pm on a chosen date. The IPO fee is currently $2 per transaction and you will need to have sufficient cash to debit for all the shares you applied.

Step 4: Check the results to see if your application is successful.
If you are successful, the shares will be credited to your CDP account. You may start checking for the results from 6pm onwards the next evening after the IPO closed.

image-774531.png

Step 5: You may then sell the allocated IPO shares through the "normal cash accounts" of any brokerage firms

that you have linked the CDP account with either on-line or with a broker.

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...account-singapore-updated-2012-a-3628498.html

You will not be able to sell the shares through Saxo, IG or Standard Chartered as these accounts are not linked to CDP.

Singapore IPOs: How to increase your probability of get IPO shares from the public tranche

How to increase your probability of get IPO shares from the public tranche

Let's do an interesting topic today on how to increase your chances of getting some shares from the IPO public tranche.

It is always relatively easier to get IPO shares when sentiments are weak and very diffcult to get IPO shares when sentiments are hot and that is what is happening right now! The proportion of shares allocated to the public tranche are so pathetic that it is almost always certain that you will waste your $2 application fees. Dont you get frustrated when you know you have wasted that $2 again at the ATM applying for IPO shares? So what are some of the tips to increase your chances of getting the IPO from the public tranche? (we will talk about how to lay your hands on the placement tranche another day).

IPO%2BBalloting.JPG

(The above is the allocation table for Wanxiang IPO)

According to the listing manual chapter 2, the Company going for listing must have at least 1,000 public shareholders for a Mainboard listing and at least 500 public shareholders for a SESDAQ listing. The listing company will try to meet the minumum number of sharesholders from its placement tranche, as such the public tranche is more for 'show' as well as to truly ensure that the shareholders are truly independent and 'not-related' to the Company. These are the following things which you can do to increase your chances for the public tranche:

No.1 - Apply for at least 50,000 shares but the optimal will be 100,000 shares.

From the IPO allocation table above, you can see that more than 70% of the public tranche are allocated to this group of IPO applicants and that this group has the highest probability of getting the shares versus the rest. In addition, you will usually get a 'decent' allocation of about 3k-8k shares, which makes it more 'worthwhile' than those who get 1k or 2k shares.

No.2 - Use as many different CDP accounts as you can to apply for the shares.

Another way will be to gain access to the CDP/ATM accounts of family and relatives who don't buy the IPO shares and use their accounts to apply for the shares. By using 4 to 5 accounts to apply for the IPO shares, you definitely stand a better chance of getting the IPO allotment. Do note that it is an offence to make multiple applications for IPO shares using the same CDP account, so dont ever do it.

No.3 - Borrow $ for a few days to increase your chances.

If the IPO is really hot, you may consider getting interest free loans from family or relatives to increase your chances of getting the IPO shares just for a few days. Many years ago, our local banks provides "IPO Financing" to help increase your chances but this scheme has since been scrapped. You will have to use your 'overdraft' facilities if you do not have access to 'interest-free' loans.

No.4 - Apply for the shares on the closing date and as close to the closing time as possible (not scientifically proven).

There is a hearsay that if you apply on the IPO closing day and as close to the IPO closing time (usually 12pm), your chances of getting the shares will be higher. This is however, not scientifically proven but it may hold some ground on the basis that if you apply the shares on the last day, you only 'lose' interest income for 2 days before the money is returned to you. In addition, you never know if the IPO allocation programme logic is indeed flawed and favour those who applied on the closing day. Why not you try this method and let me know if your chances has improved but the risk is that you might forget to apply for the IPO or miss the 12pm deadline.

No.5 - Never give up.

Sometimes we give up after a few times but you never know when your lucky stars will shine again. My motto is 'never give up' and you might just be rewarded for your persistance and perserverance.

Good Luck and you may just get it on your next try.

Singapore IPOs: How to lay your hands on the placement shares?

How to lay your hands on the placement shares?

Today I will share with you some tips on how to increase your chances of getting your hands on the placement tranche. Before we discuss the various 'tips', we must first understand the view point of the placement agent and underwriter.

Imagine you are acting as a placement agent for an IPO and you want to ensure that your IPO is a success, what are the criteria you would set for the investors you place those shares to? Would you want to place your shares to investors who will sell on the first day of trading or would you prefer to place out the shares to reputable investors who will boost the profile and awareness of your IPO? Well, here are some tips that may just help you get some placement shares that you dream of.

Tip 1: Change your name to Mr. Temasek

If your name is Temasek, placement agents will be begging you to take their IPO shares so that they can put your name down in the IPO announcement (or 'IPO Tombstone"). Temasek is known to be a longer term investor and by having such an anchor investor in your IPO, it will sure attract the attention of other investors to support your IPO. Similarly, if you belong to the "Elite Investors Group", placement agents will be offering their IPO shares to you on a platter. Elite Investors Group are reputable investors who will raise the profile and value of your IPOs and may even help placement agent to 'support the price' post-IPO. Example of investors who belong in this Elite Group will be investors like Tommie Goh and Gay Chee Cheong (2G Capital), David Loh and Han Seng Juan (Centurion Investment Management), Koh Boon Hwee, Ooi Hong Leong (Chip Lian), Sam Goi (Popian King) and professional funds such as Dubai Investment, Morgan Stanley, BNP, etc. Usually these investors will take up about a huge chuck of the IPO placement shares and so-called "anchor the IPO". The placement agent will be quite confident that the IPO will succeed because of these anchor investors. If you belong to these Elite Group or if your name is Temasek then you dont have to read further.... hahaha :)

Tip 2: Concentrate your trades in a securities firm that do IPOs.

If you dont belong to the Elite Investors Group, then you must try to get yourself in to the remaining 1,000 public sharesholders which they must place the share to in order to fulfil the listing requirement. These investors are usually allocated between 3 to 20 lots each to allow the placement agent to meet the minimum shareholders requirement. My tip to you will be to concentrate your trades in one securities firm. Dont open a trading account with Lim & Tan, go and open a trading account with DBS, Kim Eng, UOBKH, CIMB, Westcomb and even Philips Securities! Concentrate all your trades at one of these brokerage houses so that when you demand placement shares from your broker, you can 'talk louder' and your demand can 'carry more weight' if it is backed by 'paid commissions'.

Tip 3: Get a dealer, not a remisier.

Why do i say that? Dealers usually work for the brokerage firms and they are usually not allowed to handle their personal/relatives' trading accounts. In this regard, there will be 'less hanky panky' as they will have to justify to their superiors on why they allocate the placement shares to you. They also get more IPO placement shares over their remisiers counterpart because the Company will earn a bigger chuck of the commision from dealers. On the other hand, remisiers have more freedom in whom they allocate the placement shares to and sometimes some remisiers may just allocate them to accounts which they have vested interest. It is also true that remisiers will have less access to IPO placement shares versus the dealers.

Tip 4: Tell your broker you are interested in placement shares and tell them way in advance.

By the time you see the IPO for public tranche is launched, it usually means that the placement tranche has been fully subscribed as well. As such, you will have to be more pro-active to check out the MAS Opera website to find out which offers are pending approval and indicate your interest to your broker if their brokerage house is the underwriter or placement agent. Always tell your broker that you are interested in IPO placement shares so that they will not 'forget you'. If you dont ask, how will your broker know? There is a hokkien saying "脸皮厚厚,吃到老老" just ask your broker for the shares. But again, this will tie back to tip 2 again. If you have generated a lot of commissions for your broker, then your chances of getting the placement shares will be higher.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What is the cheapest method to apply for IPO

arlow.. buying IPOs only gt 2 ways right
1)broker
2) Atm

can i know whats the difference in charges for these 2?

do i have to pay any non-refundable fee if i purchase IPO?

hope some kind soul can help =))

Broadly speaking, its should be (1) Placement and (2) Public.

For placement, you can get it either through your broker. Sometimes you can apply through internet channel like DBSV (though there hasn't been a placement offer from DBSV for a long time).

For IPO application through broker, there is an additional 1% IPO Placement commission charge and 7% GST of the commission charge. (If your IPO cost $1000, you pay an additional $10.70)

For public IPO application, you can apply through ATM/Internet Banking or manually using a cashier order. If you are using OCBC/UOB account, there is a $1 application charge. DBS charge $2. Cashier Order is about $5 but you can apply for one through DBS IB for free.

So contrary to popular belief, the cheapest way to apply for IPO is actually manually using a cashier order applied from DBS IB. You will still need to go down to a designated DBS branch to collect the cashier order so its not the most convenient.

Dun really get it. Why is it cheapest to apply manually using cashier order and not via ATM?

As mentioned, if you applied for the cashier order through DBS IB, it cost nothing. So your cost of IPO application would be the stamp + envelope + time taken to collect the Cashier Order in person.

ATM/IB application cost you $1/$2.

Hence manual application is still cheaper.

ty paul =)

Will placement get higher priority than public?

If i apply through atm, the $1 charge will apply regardless i get the IPO correct?

I read from straits time, they say that this far east reit IPO, must be staple/certified investor then can purchase.. how do we get certified =(
In general, since there are more shares on offer in the placement, your chance should be better.

Yes. The charge is an application charge not an allocation charge.

I think you read wrongly or you misunderstood what you read. You are talking about the 'Specified Investment Products' (SIP) ruling which required you to be certified before you can trade in those products. AFAIK, 'stapled securities' does not falls under SIP.

You can read more about the SIP here . There are links there for you to learn more. And get yourself certified.

I'm just curious, how does one get to apply through DBS IB for free? Any idea what are the exact steps?

OK. Dun listen to people who dun know. You can really do it for free by applying manually.

1) You will need a manual application form (Usually WHITE). Where to get one? Honestly i dun know. Maybe through the IPO manager office or CDP. (Read the prospectus when the IPO is launched)

2) Next you need to login to your DBS IB and make an application for a cashier order. You need to get the a/c payee correct and specified which branch you will be collecting the cashier order from. You will need to collect the cashier order in person as they will need to verify your identity.

More info on the DBS IB Cashier Order here

3) Send your application from off and hope for the best.

Yes it is free in that you dun need to spend the $1/$2 application form but you will need to spend time to collect the cashier order and a stamp to send the application form in.

As also mentioned by others, it is worth paying $1/$2 for the convenience. If you nothing better to do and got plenty of time on yr hand, you can try it next time.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
When can apply, when close, when ballot, when start trading etc.

Information can be extracted from the propestus
FarEastTimetable.jpg

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How do i bid for the ipo via the internet banking from the public trance?

Hey guys, just checking. It's my first time applying for ipo. I tried logging into DBS ibanking it seems I can apply for FEHT thru ibanking. Is that possible? Also wanna ask if theres anything I should look out for. I.e. Any hidden cost?

If my cdp account's eps is linked to my uob bank account instead. Does it matter? Thanks guys.sorry for newbie questions

iirc...it should not matter which bank are linked to your CDP.

when you apply via ATM....if first timer, they will prompt you to enter CDP acct number....and they will match the name on your CDP account to your atm.....something like that.
as long got $ inside for deduction then should be no problem.

it will take some time at the atm so try not to do it if there is long Q behind.

normally charges is $2.....non refundable if your ipo is unsuccessful.

actually how to apply ipo using i-banking ah? I can't seem the button in the left column. :crazy:

Under Investment & Trading > Electronic Security Application (ESA) > Apply for ESA.

no1. Number of lots to apply to optimise chance to getting is a function of launch price, number of shares available, oversubscription rate, balloting ratio tiers, and amount of money you have.

So, not necessary need to go for 50k or 100k lots.

Its otherwise a good post for newbies.

actually it just means bidding 50k to 100k has a higher chance of getting, for example base on far east reit, the percentage of successful allocation is 17.7% and 25.4%

MIFWl.jpg

to add on, to bid 'smartly'

using far east reit (the above) as an example again

Since bidding 1,000 shares to 9,000 shares will get 1 shares if successful and bidding 10,000 shares to 19,000 shares will get 3,000 shares if successful.

so there is no difference bidding 1,000 shares or 3,000 shares or 5,000 shares or 9,000 shares likewise there is no difference bidding 10,000 shares or 15,000 shares or 19,000 shares.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can i still change the no. of lots after applying or can i do duplicate application with different banks?

Hihi,
i am a newbie to IPO. Can i still change the no. of lots after applying? Can I stiill go the internet banking and apply again? Will the no. of lots add on?

just wondering.. if i subscribe the ipo today.. and realise i got extra money and want to subscribe again later... how will the initial money for the 1st subscription be refunded to me?

No, cannot duplicate application, it will invalidate the first application and waste $4. It is also another way to "cancel" your initial ipo application too..

But ultimately it depends on the IPO, some ipo allows duplicate application (etc IHH healthcare), some ipo only allow single application which means if you bid the 2nd time, both application will be rejected. Some ipo only allow private placement and after getting private placement, you bid for public placement, this public placement will invalidate the private placement. Some ipo allows private placement + public placement.

this information can be found in the propestus

trying to apply via ibanking and i see this:
Minimum application >= 1000 (multiplies of 1000)

what does it means?

so if i want buy 10 lots.. i put 10,000?

Sinkie; said:

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How will i be notified of the lots allocated or the IPO allocation result?

30 lots for me...

may i know how will i be notified of the lots allocated?

Also, will i be able to see off the lots using SCB Online Trading Platform, or should i stick to POEMS?

thanks

You can see from ibanking or cdp Internet access.

You need to transfer the shares to SCB before you can sell using their platform so if u want to sell quickly just stick to poems

Tml when will the ballot result be out? What time tml

uob is 4pm, dbs is 7pm

U wun be notified, U can only check ur bank acct balance tml to see if u are allocated any lots, calculate from the refund receive

cdp online wun reflect so fast de

For those who applied through DBS iBanking, there is a link that shows whether you have been allotted. It's in the same place where you applied in the first place. As others have mentioned, the results still not out yet.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Does the bank that you used to bid for the IPO matter?

Spoil my Fri...
I got 0.
My frens n I who used OC didn't get any..
Only DBS got.
And it seems that those who mentioned they got also used dbS!!
Does e bank matters? Sianz
If far east become far north on Monday... Oh well~

Another duh!! Of cos the banks does not matter!

The reason why it seems that a higher percentage of POSB/DBS customers is successful is probably because there are more POSB/DBS customers applying compared to OCBC and UOB.

And gentle reminder for those still using POSB/DBS for yr IPO. Go open a OCBC or UOB account for yr IPO applications + dividends and save 100% every time u applied for an IPO.

Those who kenna, dun be too happy. I suspect there wont be a lot of meat in this one.

Those who never kenna and intend for this as a keeper, do look out for opportunities to buy below 95c.

Good luck to all!

BTW, when i log into CDP, how come i dont see the 5 lots there?

1st refund should be just a term. Never come across a 2nd refund before. *joke* maybe 2nd refund for the newbie to take away their allocation. Hey, if you can be 'uninvited' for a 'classy' picnic, why can't u be 'unallocated' yr IPO aloocation. :s22: *joke end*

You won't see yr allocation in CDP yet. Probably earliest Mon morning.

If you are stagging, as long as it says allocated in yr IB, you can trust it and just sell yr allocation.

If you are not stagging, does it really matter when CDP updates yr account? :s39:

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If my application for ipo ballot is not successful, what should i do? can i complain and appeal?

Hi Paul. I pressed 103 lots through DBS ATM. I just received full amount refund. does that mean i get ZERO lot? ...
what should I do? Who should I call to find out the reason?

MIFWl.jpg

what should you do? a few options
1) buy from open market on monday 2pm if u really really want
2) wait for next ipo and take private placement instead next time
3) pray for better luck :s22:

:o

when apply public trance, it is more about luck, no strategy or no suspect for foul play and no chance for appeal also lahh ;)

base on you bid 103 lots, out of 50 applicant, only 21 are successful, so you belong to the 29 unlucky one

Or ,
A speech at Hong Lim Park
Act like HK people , banner & demonstrate .
Or report to police , like the mum who police reported the teacher who cut his son's hair .

Ultimately tikam IPO is still a tikam .
Increase the chance by apply under a few family members / girlfriend's accounts .

Why is my ipo that i applied via placement or atm not reflected in my Cimb portfolio? Or did I short sell? My Cimb portfolio showing a short position

hw come my far east holdings reflected in my cdp.. but not in my kayhian portfolio one?

i bought using atm when ipo..

HELP!! :s11:

yes, you answer your own question

you bought using atm, how would kayhian know you got feht? :D

the portfolio in kayhian only record what u buy or sell through kayhian eletronically, so later when u sell your feht, your kayhian portfolio will show a short sell position and dont panic. just edit it

Last edited:

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no1. Number of lots to apply to optimise chance to getting is a function of launch price, number of shares available, oversubscription rate, balloting ratio tiers, and amount of money you have.

So, not necessary need to go for 50k or 100k lots.

Its otherwise a good post for newbies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you can apply at DBS(POSB inclusive), UOB & OCBC atm, OCBC charges $1 the other 2 is $2

From the Prospectus:

Steps for ATM Electronic Applications for Public Offer Units through ATMs of DBS (includingPOSB ATMs)

Instructions for ATM Electronic Applications will appear on the ATM screens of the respective Participating Bank. For illustration purposes, the steps for making an ATM Electronic Application through a DBS or POSB ATM are shown below. Certain words appearing on the screen are in abbreviated form (“A/C”, “amt”, “appln”, “&”, “I/C”, “No.”, “SGX” and “Max” refer to “Account”, “amount”, “application”, “and”, “NRIC”, “Number”, “SGX-ST” and “Maximum”, respectively). Instructions for ATM Electronic Applications on the ATM screens of Participating Banks (other than DBS (including POSB)), may differ slightly from those represented below.

Step 1 : Insert your personal DBS or POSB ATM Card.

2 : Enter your Personal Identification Number.

3 : Select “MORE SERVICES”.

4 : Select language (for customers using multi-language card).

5 : Select “ESA-IPO SHARE/INVESTMENTS”.

6 : Select “ELECTRONIC SECURITY APPLN (IPOS/BOND/ST-NOTES/SECURITIES)”.

7 : Read and understand the following statements which will appear on the screen:
• THE OFFER OF SECURITIES (OR UNITS OF SECURITIES) WILL BE MADE IN, OR ACCOMPANIED BY, A COPY OF THE PROSPECTUS/DOCUMENT OR PROFILE STATEMENT (AND IF APPLICABLE, A COPY OF THE REPLACEMENT OR SUPPLEMENTARY PROSPECTUS/DOCUMENT OR PROFILE STATEMENT) WHICH CAN BE OBTAINED FROM ANY DBS/POSB BRANCH IN SINGAPORE AND, WHERE APPLICABLE, THE VARIOUS PARTICIPATING BANKS DURING BANKING HOURS, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
• (IN THE CASE OF SECURITIES OFFERING THAT IS SUBJECT TO A PROSPECTUS/OFFER INFORMATION/DOCUMENT REGISTERED WITH THE MONETARY AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE) ANYONE WISHING TO ACQUIRE THESE SECURITIES (OR UNITS OF SECURITIES) SHOULD READ THE PROSPECTUS/DOCUMENT OR PROFILE STATEMENT (AS SUPPLEMENTED OR REPLACED, IF APPLICABLE) BEFORE SUBMITTING HIS APPLICATION WHICH WILL NEED TO BE MADE IN THE MANNER SET OUT IN THE PROSPECTUS/DOCUMENT OR PROFILE STATEMENT (AS SUPPLEMENTED OR REPLACED, IF APPLICABLE). A COPY OF THE PROSPECTUS/DOCUMENT OR PROFILE STATEMENT, AND IF APPLICABLE, A COPY OF THE REPLACEMENT OR SUPPLEMENTARY
PROSPECTUS/DOCUMENT OR PROFILE STATEMENT HAS BEEN LODGED WITH AND REGISTERED BY THE MONETARY AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE WHO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS OR THEIR CONTENTS.

8 : Select “IPO COMAPNY NAME” to display details.

9 : Press the “ENTER” key to acknowledge:

• YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO ALL TERMS OF THE APPLICATION AND (WHERE APPLICABLE) THE PROSPECTUS, OFFER INFORMATION STATEMENT, DOCUMENT, PROFILE STATEMENT, REPLACEMENT OR SUPPLEMENTARY PROSPECTUS/DOCUMENT/ PROFILE STATEMENT NOTICE AND/OR CIRCULAR.
• YOU CONSENT TO DISCLOSE YOUR NAME, NRIC/PASSPORT NO., ADDRESS, NATIONALITY, CDP SECURITIES A/C NO., CPF INVESTMENT A/C NO. AND SECURITY APPLN AMOUNT FROM YOUR BANK A/C(S) TO SHARE REGISTRARS, SGX, SCCS, CDP, CPF AND THE ISSUER/ VENDOR(S).
• FOR FIXED AND MAX PRICE SECURITIES APPLICATION, THIS IS YOUR ONLY APPLICATION AND IT IS MADE IN YOUR OWN NAME AND AT YOUR OWN RISK.
• THE MAXIMUM PRICE FOR EACH SECURITY IS PAYABLE IN FULL ON APPLICATION AND SUBJECT TO REFUND IF THE FINAL PRICE IS LOWER.
• FOR TENDER SECURITIES APPLICATION, THIS IS YOUR ONLY APPLICATION AT THE SELECTED TENDER PRICE AND IT IS MADE IN YOUR OWN NAME AND AT YOUR OWN RISK.
• YOU ARE NOT A US PERSON AS REFERRED TO IN (WHERE APPLICABLE) THE PROSPECTUS, OFFER INFORMATION STATEMENT, DOCUMENT, PROFILE STATEMENT, REPLACEMENT OR SUPPLEMENTARY PROSPECTUS/DOCUMENT/PROFILE STATEMENT, NOTICE AND/OR CIRCULAR.

10 : Select your nationality.

11 : Select your payment method (i.e. by cash, CPF Funds, or a combination of cash and CPF Funds).

12 : Select the DBS Bank account (Autosave/Current/Savings/Savings Plus) or the POSB account (Current/Savings) from which to debit your application monies.

13 : Enter the number of securities you wish to apply for using cash.

14 : Enter the number of securities you wish to apply for using CPF Funds (if applicable).

15 : Enter or confirm (if your CDP Securities Account number has already been stored in DBS’s records) your own 12-digit CDP Securities Account number (Note: This step will be omitted automatically if your Securities Account Number has already been stored in DBS’s records).

16 : Check the details of your securities application, your CDP Securities Account number, number of securities and application amount on the screen and press the “ENTER” key to confirm your application.

17 : Remove the Transaction Record for your reference and retention only.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in private placement, pick up the phone and call your broker and ask whether he has the private placement for the ipo.

Successful Private placement is 1% commission.

You do not need the exact cash to bid, you can bid 1m or 2m, your broker will gather and build you and his other clients interest and then send in for bidding. He will let you know the exact amount of private placement he got for you after 1-2 days. Once your placement qty is confirmed, you will then EPS in the cash

If he doesn't have then wait for the public trance to open

You go to the ATM or Internet banking to apply for your ipo under the public trance

You don't go to your broker platform to apply the public trance ipo

For public trance, you pay the cash first the qty u bid and unsuccessful one will be refunded after result is announced

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.