Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

jeffyen2

Reaction score
I have my reservations of holding onto a leathercase that adds to its weight and makes it more uncomfortable to carry. I rather save that 40 bucks and buy some cheap pouch to carry it around. :D

Also, can anyone share how much did it cost in total to bring the kindle paperwhite (no ads) to singapore? :D

Thanks!

I guess we need to wait for the actual product to appear. My experience with the Touch is that it's actually better to have the Amazon case because the device becomes much easier to hold (it's very thin by itself.)

Another reason for the case is protection. If you drop a naked Kindle on the floor, depending on the height and angle of impact, the screen may break. A case will help to cushion/spread the impact more.

tang63

Reaction score
I aborted the idea of buying the leathercase.. i ordered a handmade ewok kindle pouch...

Here.. use this to estimate the cost of shipping under the time&cost calculator

Shop Online & Shipping Internationally Singapore, Australia, New Zealand & USA

https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/welc...s.html&option=4&lnav=shipping_sidenav_rt.html

Based on 1.5kg weight for the kindle paperwhite, it is 27.05SGD + 139usd ( no ads) :)

Thanks for the help! :s12::s12:

I guess we need to wait for the actual product to appear. My experience with the Touch is that it's actually better to have the Amazon case because the device becomes much easier to hold (it's very thin by itself.)

Another reason for the case is protection. If you drop a naked Kindle on the floor, depending on the height and angle of impact, the screen may break. A case will help to cushion/spread the impact more.

Hm... you have a point too. lol. But 40USD is really too much for just a case IMO.

tang63

Reaction score
comgateway so far seems to be the cheapest to ship the kindle :)

after calculating from CGW, borderlinx and vpost. correct me if im wrong :X

The Etsy site got really a lot of nice designs! But they all look so feminine. LOL. Couldn't find one I really liked though. Haha. But I did find ur ewok one. Looks kinda cute ;)

Last edited:

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Etsy site got really a lot of nice designs! But they all look so feminine. LOL. Couldn't find one I really liked though. Haha. But I did find ur ewok one. Looks kinda cute ;)

lol..that are tons.... cases/sleeve/skin wrap.... they are like fabrix singapore..

the ewok is cute.. my wife also says so.. the total is S$42 via paypal and includes shipping..

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno if i should cancel the order of sp and case as these two will be shipped ard nov instead of oct. tsk. dilemma. iw ill be funny if the paperwhite reaches me first then need to wait for 1 more mth foe the sp and case.

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno if i should cancel the order of sp and case as these two will be shipped ard nov instead of oct. tsk. dilemma. iw ill be funny if the paperwhite reaches me first then need to wait for 1 more mth foe the sp and case.

Get a cheapo pouch to Tong first?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol..that are tons.... cases/sleeve/skin wrap.... they are like fabrix singapore..

the ewok is cute.. my wife also says so.. the total is S$42 via paypal and includes shipping..

i also find the ewok very cute, just dropped a note to seller asking if she can make one for kindle paperwhite. if it is possible i may get one from her.

tang63

Reaction score

haha yeah. I flipped through all the pages for kindle paperwhite only. All look kinda for girlish or the designs just don't appeal to me.

I didn't bother looking at cases for non-paperwhite though.

But from all the browsing, I noticed that for a case, they all need to have elastic bands to hold the paperwhite, unlike the leather case ($39) from amazon. which does away with the bands. Aesthetically its so much more friendly and less distractions when I read my books IMO. I don't have any past experience with kindles, so this is my thoughts just from browsing.

Thanks for the awesome website recommendation! :) I didn't know of Etsy until you mentioned it!

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
E-ink displays will "flash" momentarily black when changing screen content, if I am not wrong. Its not like LCD pixels which can change instantly.

Had a Nook for a couple months last year before selling. The flash isnt distracting after a while but some people may mind it. Of course the E-ink's paper like quality is still unrivaled :s22:

babystitch

Master Member
Reaction score
i also find the ewok very cute, just dropped a note to seller asking if she can make one for kindle paperwhite. if it is possible i may get one from her.

screen protector can buy from gmarket loh.. its still 6"... same size as the old kindle touch... or kindle 4.. 2.50 can buy a good one liao

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much did you pay for the order?

USD 119 plus estimated USD 20 shipping from comgateway to SG...... I opt for the free shipping from amazon to my comgateway address.. Not sure how much in S$ until I see my cc bill

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
screen protector can buy from gmarket loh.. its still 6"... same size as the old kindle touch... or kindle 4.. 2.50 can buy a good one liao

I saw the $2.50 special on gmarket... It is the same brand that is being sold by various SG kindle sellers

Bapenigo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am really tempted to get this kindle paperwhite too, but i still have my kindle touch though. if i were to get the paperwhite, not sure what am i going to do with my touch.

the thing that interest me is its in black and build in light, but only has 2gb storage.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am really tempted to get this kindle paperwhite too, but i still have my kindle touch though. if i were to get the paperwhite, not sure what am i going to do with my touch.

the thing that interest me is its in black and build in light, but only has 2gb storage.

just think can we complete reading so many e-books at one go or not. so 2gb or not does not really matters to me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.