SIM UOL August 2012 Intake

Aravind92

Reaction score
Econs tut

Eh anyone know where to find econs tutorial qns? My tutor Derek Hui and my econs tut start only next week.

trueeyesonme

Reaction score
Waa..tat's nt good...hopefully mine nt like that..coz mine is manfred ..same as my lecture..hahas

I don't think manfred class will randomly pick student to present their work on tutorial class. It's those that in zhan jianlin lecture student. Did Mr Manfred mention anything on that in lectures?

Marbok_Tan

Banned
Reaction score
is there a one week break for us during the 1st week of october? only have econs on the 1st week of october :s11:

xxstars

Reaction score
Hey guys, under Administration in our Student portal, do you all see the continuing exercise registration? We don't have to do that till next year right? First Year students can ignore the post?

chiwawa23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, under Administration in our Student portal, do you all see the continuing exercise registration? We don't have to do that till next year right? First Year students can ignore the post?

That should be for 2nd and 3rd yr students ba. I not sure though. Later I go back check.

xFBUUx

Banned
Reaction score
Nageb give assignment to do liao. 2 weeks to complete the assignment. He says must draw table to map out the concepts first before writting the essay

Last edited:

xFBUUx

Banned
Reaction score
What's the assignment question about?

1 (a) Describe and evaluate the main features of bureaucracy and the bureaucratic organisation.

(b) Discuss the relevance of this approach to public sector organisations in the twenty-first century. Use practical examples where appropriate.

2 (a) Describe the three primary managerial attributes: technical competence, social and human skills and conceptual ability. Discuss how their importance varies with the type and level of a manager’s job.

(b) Explain fully, and with supporting reasons, what you see as the four most important attributes or qualities required by a successful manager. Support your answer with reference to theory and practical examples.

3 (a) Discuss four factors internal to the organisation that will affect the nature of a manager's job. Illustrate your answer with examples.

(b) Explain fully, and with supporting reasons, what you see as the four most important attributes or qualities required by a successful manager. Support your answer with reference to theory and practical examples.

Choose only 1 question to answer. The assignment sheet is in the thick stack of lecture notes. Question 2b and 3b are the same!

Deadpool.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and how long is the study break in jan??

My timetable states that there isn't a study break in Jan, unless you're referring to the New Year break, which is 2 days.

Maybe you could refer to your own timetable instead? That'd probably be more reliable.

xFBUUx

Banned
Reaction score
My timetable states that there isn't a study break in Jan, unless you're referring to the New Year break, which is 2 days.

Maybe you could refer to your own timetable instead? That'd probably be more reliable.

Mine also no study break in Jan.

chiwawa23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 (a) Describe and evaluate the main features of bureaucracy and the bureaucratic organisation.

(b) Discuss the relevance of this approach to public sector organisations in the twenty-first century. Use practical examples where appropriate.

2 (a) Describe the three primary managerial attributes: technical competence, social and human skills and conceptual ability. Discuss how their importance varies with the type and level of a manager’s job.

3 (a) Discuss four factors internal to the organisation that will affect the nature of a manager's job. Illustrate your answer with examples.

Choose only 1 question to answer. The assignment sheet is in the thick stack of lecture notes. Question 2b and 3b are the same!

Not do all right??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.