Religare Health Trust *Official* (SGX: RF1U)

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Religare Health Trust: 8.5 to 9% yield.
A new*business trust*to be listed soon in Singapore, it seems.

Religare Health Trust, which will own assets managed by Indian hospital group Fortis, is offering an indicative yield of 8.5% to 9% for its initial public offering that could raise as much as $500 million. The units offered will comprise about 70% of the total, the source added.

The listing is planned in the third week of October, sources said.

Religare Health Trust has a mandate to invest in medical and healthcare assets and services in Asia, Australasia and emerging markets, Fortis Healthcare has said previously.

Source: REUTERS

Another 'Don't subscribe will bang the wall' , like those who missed IHH , FarEast etc ?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Being more conservative I rather get a lower, almost guaranteed yield from REITs. Biz trusts can choose not to have a payout if they aren't doing well.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another 'Don't subscribe will bang the wall' , like those who missed IHH , FarEast etc ?

Not at all. This one will probably be a 'subscribe you will regret deep deep' probably along the line of all the other business trusts ever listed on SGX.

If they are anchoring at 8.5% - 9%, it would be trivial for it to hit double digit yield post-listing.

*AVOID* with a CAPITAL 'A'!

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giving this a miss... I don't have a good impression of India's economic policies. Its like throwing money into a debt hole,

iCuteCube

Master Member
Reaction score
Avoid, they raise money to clear debt, read some info on it, not gonna enter this.

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyoh , everybody so pessimistic.
Vocal few but silent majority ?

Not many kind soul list their assets to share their wealth
with me . IHH & many IPOs are collecting Vitamin M to cut down debt .

Reaction score
yea, first two sentences of the article i read already talking about their goal to pay off debts. Save money for Astro's IPO :)

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyoh , everybody so pessimistic.
Vocal few but silent majority ?

Not many kind soul list their assets to share their wealth
with me . IHH & many IPOs are collecting Vitamin M to cut down debt .

Which is why I didn't subscribe to IHH. Substituting debt for equity isn't a good business model to me.

Here's a curveball: rupee hasn't been doing well for the last 2 years. The high yield was to offset this currency risk. Question is, is it high enough?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's a curveball: rupee hasn't been doing well for the last 2 years. The high yield was to offset this currency risk. Question is, is it high enough?

For your answer, you just need to look at Ascendas India Trust. A Singapore 'brand name' with quality assets and good record but distributions badly impacted by currency rate. Which is why it languishing below IPO price of $1.18. You are looking at a 33% hit in price if you have not 'average down'.

Those who need another example of why business trust is generally a bad investment just need to look at my 'favourite' - Indiabulls Trust (they name their trust correctly - full of bulls). IPO $1, rights issue a yr later at 16c, zero distributions since listing in Jun 2008.

(Vested in both Ai-Trust and Indiabulls)

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rupee has been depreciating big time since last yr.

assuming that rupee bounced back. the yield is going to reduce becoz of rupee appreciation
i am assuming this is going to be denominated in USD or SGD.

if rupee continues to depreciate, the operating cost of the company is going to go up simply becoz of exchange issue.

india govt policy is always in a deadlock and reversable becoz of strikes, election ,etc
(for all u pap hater, this is the problem if u want democracy lol)

i worked in delhi, mumbai, bangalore, chennai in the last 1 yr lol

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For your answer, you just need to look at Ascendas India Trust. A Singapore 'brand name' with quality assets and good record but distributions badly impacted by currency rate. Which is why it languishing below IPO price of $1.18. You are looking at a 33% hit in price if you have not 'average down'.

Those who need another example of why business trust is generally a bad investment just need to look at my 'favourite' - Indiabulls Trust (they name their trust correctly - full of bulls). IPO $1, rights issue a yr later at 16c, zero distributions since listing in Jun 2008.

(Vested in both Ai-Trust and Indiabulls)

Paul, I don't understand. The picture you paint doesn't look good and yet you remain vested?!

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paul, I don't understand. The picture you paint doesn't look good and yet you remain vested?!

If it's only a few lots and he doesn't need the money then maybe he decided to just keep it there and hope something good happens lol.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hes averaging down i guess

If it's only a few lots and he doesn't need the money then maybe he decided to just keep it there and hope something good happens lol.

Correct on all counts!

I remain vested in ai-trust because its still giving out distributions and the assets the trust own is quite good.

I have treat Indiabulls as a write-off. Its not really worth divesting now as I can't do much with the proceeds. The correct thing to do was to divest where there was sign of trouble but I took my eyes off the ball. Lessons learnt. :s22:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rupee has been depreciating big time since last yr.

assuming that rupee bounced back. the yield is going to reduce becoz of rupee appreciation
i am assuming this is going to be denominated in USD or SGD.

if rupee continues to depreciate, the operating cost of the company is going to go up simply becoz of exchange issue.

india govt policy is always in a deadlock and reversable becoz of strikes, election ,etc
(for all u pap hater, this is the problem if u want democracy lol)

i worked in delhi, mumbai, bangalore, chennai in the last 1 yr lol

not really true lah. the currency of listing is not important ie SGD or USD or RP. what matters is the denomination of their operating revenues and expenses. I dont have much information yet. But there is a clue that they are operating hospitals in Australasia and EM. obviously their revenues cant be in RP. And expenses cannot be RP too. so your analysis is way off.

What you mentioned is a fictitous Indian company operating solely in India and listing in Singapore.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which is why I didn't subscribe to IHH. Substituting debt for equity isn't a good business model to me.

Are you sure? :p

A very good example is Starhub. You are vested right? Did you check their debt profile?

Leveraging is a good thing if you happen to be on the right industry. Of course to be on the safe side, its always best to have zero debt.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.