M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad_man

Reaction score
Is the asus Rt n56u or Cisco ea4500 a better match for M1? Was even looking at the Asus 66, I'm using it mainly for net surfing, will have iPad, 2 galaxy note and a laptop hook up via wireless..

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the asus Rt n56u or Cisco ea4500 a better match for M1? Was even looking at the Asus 66, I'm using it mainly for net surfing, will have iPad, 2 galaxy note and a laptop hook up via wireless..

some ppls say ciso 4500 is good compare to asus
but more user sticking to asus n56 and higher models
so up to u
if u stil can get the cisco4500 cheaper from m1 u can consider if not go for asus
i am using engenious myself overall ok with m1 fibre
EnGenius Technologies ESR 600H

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
m1 sucks .. but cheap .. i do get decent speed 70-80+mbps on wired speed... though dislike the international throttling

yalor cheapest fibre around
cant complain much
if they dont downtime alot its still a good fibre provider too

if sucks then he should move on
free up more speed for us who happy with it haha

excloc

Reaction score
M1 is famous for maximizing. You are the lucky one where the cable you are sharing with others is still quite vacant. Wait till it is full.... Cheap comes at a price
Enjoy while you can.

hm..why yours so cui?
i'm very happy with mine.

2141579934.png

Connected with a 3m Cat6 to ONT. As fast as it could get.

Loirev

Reaction score
M1 is famous for maximizing. You are the lucky one where the cable you are sharing with others is still quite vacant. Wait till it is full.... Cheap comes at a price
Enjoy while you can.

All fibre ISP have to maintain the benchmark & QOS set by IDA. So the speed would be still reasonable in the long term. Been using the fibre around 2 yrs, no issues for normal surfing, unless you are a heavy torrent user.

naganoseow

Reaction score
Have installed M1 Fibre 100 Mbps plan today with EnGenius ESR9850 router and using a Wifi USB adapter on desktop PC.

Done a speed test check but only achieving 18+ Mbps download and 16+ upload speed. Any advise on the slow speed?

Thanks.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have installed M1 Fibre 100 Mbps plan today with EnGenius ESR9850 router and using a Wifi USB adapter on desktop PC.

Done a speed test check but only achieving 18+ Mbps download and 16+ upload speed. Any advise on the slow speed?

Thanks.

the usual suspects will be:

1. some backend problem at M1's side. you will need to do a wired speed test to see if its your fault or M1's fault.

2. your wireless router and usb wifi adapter too far away, too many obstacles in the way to degrade the wifi strength and signal.

3. are you running the wireless network on wireless-g or wireless-n.

naganoseow

Reaction score
the usual suspects will be:

1. some backend problem at M1's side. you will need to do a wired speed test to see if its your fault or M1's fault.

2. your wireless router and usb wifi adapter too far away, too many obstacles in the way to degrade the wifi strength and signal.

3. are you running the wireless network on wireless-g or wireless-n.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

2. router in living room while wifi USB adapter inside bedroom but no far apart. Just a wall that separate them and direct router to wifi USB adapter distance is only 2.5 m apart.

3. no idea. I'm using the EnGenius ESR9850 router with default setting and wifi USB adapter is an old D-Link (DWL-G122).

Thanks. :)

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't use wifi to test
use wired first
if wired works means is wifi issue
from the looks is your dlink. fault
and not engenis

u need both side to be on high speed equipment and no blocking and interfeeanc to enjoy both high speed actually

Last edited:

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your d-link confirm need to change cos it is running on wireless-g.

the theoretical max speed for wireless-g is 54mbps. real life speed will be much lower.

andine

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using Engenius 9850 router with a M1 100 Mpbs plan. The wired speed is excellent at about 95 Mbps (download) and more than 60 Mbps (upload).

However, the wireless is on the 802.11g network although the router is 802.11n capable. WHow can I set the router to transmit wireless signals on the "n" network which I believe is faster?

Would appreciate any advice, thanks so much!

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using Engenius 9850 router with a M1 100 Mpbs plan. The wired speed is excellent at about 95 Mbps (download) and more than 60 Mbps (upload).

However, the wireless is on the 802.11g network although the router is 802.11n capable. WHow can I set the router to transmit wireless signals on the "n" network which I believe is faster?

Would appreciate any advice, thanks so much!

your adapter might be running on wireless-g...

Ghostrider

Reaction score
Installation for M1 100Mbps fibre broadband was completed yesterday. Installation was fast, all done within 5 minutes. The optical power level was -19.6dBm.
Connected the ASUS N56U router to ONT LAN port1. The result was done via my MBP wireless connection.

2180286472.png

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are right! I have just checked, my wireless adapter is a wireless-g one. I can reach about 20 Mbps upload and download.

u shoiuld go buy one new one
if u plan to achieve higher wifi speed

if u got a dual band u can look for a dual band wifi adaptor too
if not just look for the best 11n adaptor

Michael Faraday

Reaction score
m1 sucks .. but cheap .. i do get decent speed 70-80+mbps on wired speed... though dislike the international throttling
they cant even co-ordinate with opennet to get the job done, cheap is useless when they is no service to be delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.