Problems with Genneva Payout

ChickNorris

Reaction score
Assay provides another non-destructive method by using some chemicals or x-ray device, no need to melt the gold, but must take out any packaging.

Guys.. Anyone of u knw where or hw to test kilo bars whether its genuine? Pawn shop doesn't seem to do it.. Assay one is destructive..

sarcomere

Reaction score
If any of you have gold which is like PAMP which is sealed in the certicard do not open it to check for purity,do not open the seal at all.. I repeat do not open the seal at all.. I can help to look at the gold if it recognized or not if you post a picture of the gold here... For genuine test, the only non destructive method is using a spectrometer which is a sort of xray machine test on the gold, but I don't know anywhere in singapore got such service...correction singapore assay office do provide the service.

There is no test on the market that can test a piece of gold bar purity/ genuine unless going through destructive test, etc AAS, ICP etc. The next nearest test that is available on the market is XRF, or simply X-ray. However, XRF can only determine/ penetrate a certain percentage from the surface, eg. 30% from the surface. All these test can be done with Setsco, PSB etc. Hope these provides some knowledge for all the people here.

irene04

Reaction score
tonight's news come out liao

I mean to ask stargazer008 where he got the news that gold price is projected to rise to $ 1950 USD/ounce by year end. I am planning to keep my gold until the price increases.

Thanks.

stargazer008

Reaction score
I mean to ask stargazer008 where he got the news that gold price is projected to rise to $ 1950 USD/ounce by year end. I am planning to keep my gold until the price increases.

Thanks.

Hi Irene04, I am into stocks, so have some interest in reading financial news.

According to 'experts' (from banks/financial analysts), gold is forecast to rise to USD 1950 by year end. Hopefully. Mainly becos of devaluation of USD (QE3) and Eurobond purchase.

The principle use of gold is to hedge against currencies, mainly the dollar. So as the dollar weakens, gold rises. This is why over 2 or 3 weeks, gold rises quite a bit after QE3 announcement.

Actually though we are stuck with the physical gold, we can still do reinvestment using them as collateral, if you understand what I mean.

So dun be dishearten.

Reaction score
GM Sg in the news - TCS 8, 6.30 pm, 27 Sept 2012

Genneva Gold Scam newsclip Part 1

Newsclip in Mandarin in Singapore TCS 8 reporting on Genneva Gold on 27 Sept 2012, 6.30pm. Subtitles in Chinese. Some interviews in English.

新加坡 8频道 华语新闻 - "金玉华黄金丑闻" , 九月二七日, 二零一二年

Gold scam - more than 500 kg of gold involved.

The Gold Guarantee will be next.

Last edited:

GeorgeBoron

Reaction score
getting parked gold back

Studying how GV shareholders operate and what they aim to do It is my personal feeling they will not run away with the gold. So all of us having gold parked with them need to be patient but also vigilent as if the company closes down or goes under liquidator or CAD stops temporary its operations it would be hard to retrieve our gold back. What we see is a company with cash problems. If u get ur discount 2 weeks later and not now is not the end of the world. Also if we get our gold back a week later and not now is not that bad. The problem we have now is we worry for the worst and bad psycology creates bad thoughts. But at the end who has given gold to them will probably get it back sooner or later.About the discounts we can probably forget that for a while.

stargazer008

Reaction score
Info:

Visited Valuemax in early evening. They still taking in Geneva gold. 100g buy in at$ 6600.

Though Moneymax and Maxicash stop taking in Geneva labeled gold (as mentioned in another thread #), they should still be taking in swiss gold or SG mint gold, even though was 'sell' by Geneva. They offered to take in at $ 7100 for 100g when I enquired on Sat.

GeorgeBoron

Reaction score
Info:

Visited Valuemax in early evening. They still taking in Geneva gold. 100g buy in at$ 6600.

Though Moneymax and Maxicash stop taking in Geneva labeled gold (as mentioned in another thread #), they should still be taking in swiss gold or SG mint gold, even though was 'sell' by Geneva. They offered to take in at $ 7100 for 100g when I enquired on Sat.

Good research. It is true what is said that many pawnshops or gold smiths do not take Genneva labeled gold. I did a research last time. In the beginning disappointed but at the end i found a lot taking that gold. Guys do not get upset. The target here is not to find many companies out there to buy ur Genneva labeled gold. 1 of them will do! And there are still a lot out there! If someone says yes, do look further down to get a good price. The quotes I got differ from one company to another. Do not be desperate to sell ur gold. hold on! Value may appreciate anyway during the course of the year. Sell wisely and wait till GV wold is up. Good to earn some discount from this anyway (if of course we still get discounts which i doubt)...

irene04

Reaction score
Hi Irene04, I am into stocks, so have some interest in reading financial news.

According to 'experts' (from banks/financial analysts), gold is forecast to rise to USD 1950 by year end. Hopefully. Mainly becos of devaluation of USD (QE3) and Eurobond purchase.

The principle use of gold is to hedge against currencies, mainly the dollar. So as the dollar weakens, gold rises. This is why over 2 or 3 weeks, gold rises quite a bit after QE3 announcement.

Actually though we are stuck with the physical gold, we can still do reinvestment using them as collateral, if you understand what I mean.

So dun be dishearten.

Hi stargazer008,

Thanks for the valuable information. I really appreciate it. Are you a genneva customer too? Actually I was thinking of keeping the gold even for a longer period since the trend of gold price is going up. (provided the pamp gold is authentic).

eXotic 79

Reaction score
Gennva Gold

Hi all, interested parties please pm me at 98898331 on how to reduce and get back your losses.

irene04

Reaction score
If any of you have gold which is like PAMP which is sealed in the certicard do not open it to check for purity,do not open the seal at all.. I repeat do not open the seal at all.. I can help to look at the gold if it recognized or not if you post a picture of the gold here... For genuine test, the only non destructive method is using a spectrometer which is a sort of xray machine test on the gold, but I don't know anywhere in singapore got such service...correction singapore assay office do provide the service.

Hi,

Mine is pamp gold in the certicard. However, the seal was already broken when my agent pass me the gold. They use scotch tape to tape it back..:s11: I believe its the same for other genneva customers... Their excuse was, they want to do a mico-dot on the gold.

bearbearfury

Reaction score
Genneva website has being removed liao. like this, they should be closing down real soon. :(

i was wondering will the police charge them for commercial theft/crime as they had ran off with the "parked gold" due for renewal and so called micro dot thingy....:s11:

All the 4 directors must be held accountable....for such crime.

xiaosiong_29

Reaction score
Why nobody publish agents info??

Agents are t 1 go out n prey for next victim. Genneva just a company with all the rules and conditions listed on customer contract. Most of the time it depends on agents feed you t info. If u really think ur frds or family didn't get a clue Genneva having issues, u must be naive! Please help us to identify those irresponsible agents so we may alert ourselves when we spot those devils selling other product in future! Thank you for sharing! :s12:

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Mine is pamp gold in the certicard. However, the seal was already broken when my agent pass me the gold. They use scotch tape to tape it back..:s11: I believe its the same for other genneva customers... Their excuse was, they want to do a mico-dot on the gold.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of the bad news but Genneva really screwed you as if it is in the seal, you can sell it for a premium over spot to another person but now you are lucky to get spot for it... Why do they need to remove from certicard really baffle me as all pamp gold have a unique serial number which they can use as reference to check if they sell the gold...

drago88

Reaction score
NO ACTION BY SG CAD AND MAS

The following comment was posted in Low YAT forum:

"How come the squeaky clean Lee KUAN Yew government just issue alert after alert and allow all the S'POREANS to be cheated by these gold scams. Can't MAS or CAD just raid the co, seize their gold and bank assets, arrest all the workers and directors and managers and charge them appropriately??? AIYAYAH, what a big let down by the squeaky clean Spore government!!! Just too hard for us My ppl to comprehend! Even the My Bank Negara put up a long series of full page adverts in the mainstream newspapers to mwarn public to stay away from the gold scams!!"

Not to late for them to sock it to the Gold G'tee and Asia Pacific Bullion??

stargazer008

Reaction score
Hi stargazer008,

Thanks for the valuable information. I really appreciate it. Are you a genneva customer too? Actually I was thinking of keeping the gold even for a longer period since the trend of gold price is going up. (provided the pamp gold is authentic).

Yes, I am. I was lucky this saga happened before I liquidate my stocks for profit and bump into this scheme. But nevertheless, I dun let myself be discouraged, as long as the gold is real, you can reinvest into other areas.

Hi,

Happens to me too. But fret not, the seal may be broken, but the pawnshop will still buy from you if the gold is real.

For everyones info, Genneva wanted to do the microdot becos there were cases of fake gold, in China. You see, ppl buy real gold from them, but after 3 mths return them with fake gold. And Genneva does not have the procedure to authenticate that...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.