Samsung Service Centres

roburn

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My S2 died on me, cannot boot into recovery/download mode and battery is fully charged. Posted over at XDA, apparently there is no cure, therefore I need to head to the service centre. The only issue now is that my phone is no longer under warranty (> 1 year). Anyone has a rough estimation of how much it's going to cost? Or are they even going to repair my phone for me?

rasserie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung just decided not to send my tab to my house as promised.

waited from 6-945pm with no delivery man in sight.

no calls made to my phone either.

door was ajar during that time.

truly disappointed.

Gundam_seed

Reaction score
Anybody have trouble registering on cyber service centre? Registered alrdy but din send mi any email for activation? Now my S3 screen cracked and I think I din sent the warranty card too.am I still eligible for the warranty ? Shouldn't have ovoverlooked it. :(

sgbdk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does warranty cover s3 charger too? My charger charge intermittently
.. sometime it would charge halfway then stop

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, roughly how long does it take to get the phone back from the service center?

my usb port is faulty, push all the way in cannot charge.

can only push halfway then can.

ST

Reaction score
my galaxy s3 also crack by just one drop on the floor i so disappointed with it.b4 hand i was using s2 doesnt give me this problem at all.this so call Corning Gorilla Glass 2 yet is more lousy den Gorilla Glass

Has your screen being replaced under warranty?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where us the service location for LCD monitors?
and typically what is the warranty period for monitors?
my 2008 model 24" kaput, wonder still in effect?

Big John

Reaction score
Guys, what do I have to bring along for servicing of my phone ?

if no receipt how? cos i juz bought a used S3 wifout e receipt. still can claim warranty? and if i got receipt but i did not register e warranty within 7 days, still valid?

thx!

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dropped my S3 yesterday and the metal edge of the phone was badly scratched.

Is it possible for me to send the phone for servicing?

Just bought this phone 2 months ago.

s3856

Reaction score
Warranty Card, NRIC, Receipt of purchase.

Brought my S3 from Sintel without resigtration the warranty ,
Now got problem with the phone, can I bring for service ?
Any service charges ?? Tks

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also dropped my Note quite hard from great heights at Genting and have deep scratches on the silver corners. But forget ir, I do not want go service centres, as we need to wait and service not really good as seen from so many people. I stop going service centre since my last phone- Galaxy S. Except for once just to replace my S-Pen as it is quite rough.
I dropped my S3 yesterday and the metal edge of the phone was badly scratched.

Is it possible for me to send the phone for servicing?

Just bought this phone 2 months ago.

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also dropped my Note quite hard from great heights at Genting and have deep scratches on the silver corners. But forget ir, I do not want go service centres, as we need to wait and service not really good as seen from so many people. I stop going service centre since my last phone- Galaxy S. Except for once just to replace my S-Pen as it is quite rough.

Apparetly I went to the service center yesterday.

Waiting time isn't that long, but to change the metalic plastic rim, you need to pay around $220.

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung Service Centre @ Plaza Singapura is undergoing renovations for whole of October month.

They have located to a temporary service centre at Orchard Central, #05-45

anodize666

Reaction score
Beware of Samsung Service Center at Orchard Central (previously at PS)

Just kenna frm them. Went there 3 wks ago to fix some prob with Note 10.1. Their technicians anyhow open it up, made a few deep dents on the silver trimming . So I asked for a one to one exchange and was told to wait 2-3 wks. Finally received sms from them yday. I just went down today, all their 'New' sets are obviously not new as claimed. They are refurbished sets with lots of scratches, dents n marks way worse than my first original set from Starhub with the few deep dents caused by their wonderful Samsung technician. The Filipino female staff claimed they are new sets and then asked her Ah Beng manager wearing some black framed specs called Melvin to come attend to me. He shouted and pointed fingers at me and said they are new. Give ppl refurbished sets still dare to be so rude and yaya. He said 'I give u one more chance, u dun wan than go!' Like as if interrogating a criminal like tat. Later on he brought 1 big grp of his staff out to surround me as he talked. In the end, I took back my old set with the dents caused by their technician. Later on, so sway, bumped into him again at Bugis. He threatened and said 'Don't let me see u again at the service center, make sure u die!'.

The location I went to was at Orchard Central. Samsung service center's staff there are all very rude and yaya. Technicians not happy to service, make deep dents. After ppl complained, reluctantly offer customers scratched and dented 'new' set for exchange. U think we are fools or what? They caused the problem in the first place and still wanna play punk. Somemore so rude, showing some ** face like as if i very hard up for the exchange. If u never dent my tablet, i also won't want an exchange! In the end i have to take back my first original set and live with the ugly dents forever! Coz doesn't make sense to be intimidated by them to accept their refurbished set that has more faults than my first set. Ppl bringing their equipment down better be careful and check before leaving. We didn't pay $100 for a china tablet. Samsung pdts cost a premium these days. Wanna sell at premium price better make sure ur service also up to standard. No need act damn polite or what but shouldn't be so full of attitude, rude and yaya to threaten and intimidate ppl. Once u bring ur device let their wonderful hands touch, become even worse. One to one exchange is bull****. Their non commercial sets that are set aside specially for exchange are all recycled refurbished parts from dunno where, anyhow stick one sticker seal and still so yaya say it's new. If all new devices are liddat, who needs to buy new stuff? Might as well u sell us ganang guni price, we close one eye for ur refurbished ganang guni pdts!

Last edited:

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually samsung outsources the service center operations to a local company ;)

anodize666

Reaction score
No wonder so unpro. Bad and rude attitude, technicians who dont handle our devices with care, wanna pass off refurbushed scratched and dented exchange sets as new. They don't realized they are at fault at all, wasting ppl's time and still dare to shout, threaten, point fingers and give a jiao face! Really regretted buying a Samsung pdt. Damn sway! Sg service standards already low with all these outsourcing and ft, now can add this outsourced Samsung service center to the list. They sure win one. Bad customer service, bad technicians, bad exchange sets! Really all in one!!!

vinyip

Reaction score
Usually they will deem cracked screens are caused by users.

If the phone is stilll under warranty, will they charge a fee for replacing the screen?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.