Courts Asia IPO

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just think:

How much further can Courts grow? Its store network is probably already near saturation in Singapore and Malaysia. (A similar IPO recently would be Sheng Shiong, but SS still had much room to grow in Singapore at the time of its IPO)

Courts said it wanted to open stores in Indonesia. Courts' previous Indonesia stores lost money. How confident are they that it wouldn't be the same outcome?

Lastly, like someone already mentioned, most the proceeds are going to existing shareholders. I read the article in ST yesterday that the owners have been trying to hawk Courts out for the past 2 years without success. Now offloading via IPO.

I won't touch this. My 2 cents only.

Icic..I ish ppl tong pang me buy, nv go read up.

lionelow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just think:

How much further can Courts grow? Its store network is probably already near saturation in Singapore and Malaysia. (A similar IPO recently would be Sheng Shiong, but SS still had much room to grow in Singapore at the time of its IPO)

Courts said it wanted to open stores in Indonesia. Courts' previous Indonesia stores lost money. How confident are they that it wouldn't be the same outcome?

Lastly, like someone already mentioned, most the proceeds are going to existing shareholders. I read the article in ST yesterday that the owners have been trying to hawk Courts out for the past 2 years without success. Now offloading via IPO.

I won't touch this. My 2 cents only.

I'm quite confident in these retailed stores biz.... missed parkson that time.

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
If they can kill off small retailers and other brand like hm, then they can grow.

But in long run, its business model has no substitute. People still prefer to touch when buying furnitures and its online store is quite okay.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same as everybody else. It doesn't matter who your broker is. As long as you have a CDP account.

Wrong!!!!

ATM/ibanking is only linked to CDP - they will prompt for ur 16 digit cdp number.

For scb holders, need to apply via private means.

remy3413

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly for long term I doubt courts is sustainable, but offloading it on the 1st day to take some kopi money should be okay :D

anfielder

Master Member
Reaction score
Wrong!!!!

ATM/ibanking is only linked to CDP - they will prompt for ur 16 digit cdp number.

For scb holders, need to apply via private means.

Same as everybody else. It doesn't matter who your broker is. As long as you have a CDP account.

Pls read properly... Regardless of who your broker is, you need a CDP account which is where the IPO shares go. Then you have to transfer the shares to SCB if you want to sell there.

Is there such a thing as "private means"? :s22:

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
This one cannot hold for long term one...
Challenger PE 8 yield 5%+
Courts PE 10 yield 2%+.. over some time the valuation will come down to match with peers.
But one I shall press to try luck, press 50 lots.
Get liao first day if run just sell and take profit, don't greedy ^^

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much you guys press for? I press 5,000!

err. not a good idea leh.
press 5lots, if u tio, likely u get 1 lot, which means whatever gains is really peanuts (our kind of peanuts, not the $600k kind) and yr commission will jiak all yr profits.

Darkquack

Reaction score
is it supposed to be listed in the prospectus how much real YYlots will be assigned if apply for XX lots?
i couldn't find this info.
so not clear how much to press.

i don't wanna press 50k and end up buying 50k worth .. don't have that much real money ..

noob here too..

if my DBS EPS says not available, then how else to apply online, if not at ATM?

I signed up for GIRO payment when I opened my account, does that mean it makes buying IPO in future difficult?
ie. only thru ATMs?

Last edited:

lionelow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it supposed to be listed in the prospectus how much real YYlots will be assigned if apply for XX lots?
i couldn't find this info.
so not clear how much to press.

i don't wanna press 50k and end up buying 50k worth .. don't have that much real money ..

noob here too..

if my DBS EPS says not available, then how else to apply online, if not at ATM?

I signed up for GIRO payment when I opened my account, does that mean it makes buying IPO in future difficult?
ie. only thru ATMs?

Your DBS got to link up with your CDP to apply online.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.