[INFO] Things you need to know about car servicing

Jusnny

Reaction score
What ever it is, All branded oil will be cover by an Insurance policy, If there is a mulfunction to the oil, that cause the damaged to the engine, they will compemsate the repairs of the engine. But not sure whether the workshop in JB can handle this.

couscous.falafel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would like to point out that aircon gas is a closed loop system and hence should not escape or leak out. if need to top up aircon gas means there is a leak in the system which should be found and plugged first.

pls correct me if i'm wrong, just found out about this aircon gas thing from my aircon lecturer.

Daegan Tan

Reaction score
Hi,

I usually send my car to autocare 04-12 to service my car. They are offering cheap and good service. :)

Daegan Tan

Reaction score
would like to point out that aircon gas is a closed loop system and hence should not escape or leak out. if need to top up aircon gas means there is a leak in the system which should be found and plugged first.

pls correct me if i'm wrong, just found out about this aircon gas thing from my aircon lecturer.

I top up once before so meaning my aircon got problem?

bigass

Reaction score
rainex is no gimmick however it will shorten the lifespan of your wipers as it will roughen the surface of your windscreen. under heavy rain, those stock wipers will judder over the rough surface of the windscreen.

Raines I feel it's good enough to endure light drizzle. try heavy downpour without switching on your wipers. can be challenging and dangerous

xxduckxx

Reaction score
need advice

car mileage is 78k.. last servicing was done in april .. next servicing is recommended at 82k .. can tahan and service in dec when im closer to 82k or must service now after 6mth

also.. any recommendations on where to service with 31 pt checks and how much roughly?

i see groupon alot of those deals but scared they "kan" me

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
need advice

car mileage is 78k.. last servicing was done in april .. next servicing is recommended at 82k .. can tahan and service in dec when im closer to 82k or must service now after 6mth

also.. any recommendations on where to service with 31 pt checks and how much roughly?

i see groupon alot of those deals but scared they "kan" me

Should be ok to service in Dec if your car is not making any weird noises or feeling strange.
Hope this helps. :)

ADD001

Reaction score
Any good workshop to recommend for 80k servicing? One of my friends juz completed his 60k at authorised wkshop but do only engine flush, engine oil change & tyre rotation, total bill is abt $250.

luriahs

Reaction score
those car still warranty, must die die service every 6mths even if mileage still not yet 10k?

iseethesun79

Reaction score
i follow mileage one, always exceed a bit then i go c&c to service. I always hit the mileage first before hit the date. Guess you are not heavy user.

donald83

Master Member
Reaction score
I was told that my shaft needs to be changed. The workshop in job only has reconditioned one and charging me 350rm per shaft. I think it is too ex for a recon one and got the feeling that I kena chop carrot.

So where can I find a local workshop where they can change original Toyota vios shaft or help change the bush of my shaft?

Corgified1

Reaction score
those who've been waiting for promos to service your car parts… u can check out c&c. they're having some anniversary offers for mitsubishi and kia cars….got reupholstery, tyre/rim deals and more.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was told that my shaft needs to be changed. The workshop in job only has reconditioned one and charging me 350rm per shaft. I think it is too ex for a recon one and got the feeling that I kena chop carrot.

So where can I find a local workshop where they can change original Toyota vios shaft or help change the bush of my shaft?

not sure if my post came too late, i just changed my drive shaft recently too for my vios... with Elite Drive Shaft at sin ming, cost me $340 for both side... :D

desnqy

Reaction score
30000 Car Servicing

Hi,
I am driving a Toyota Vios. May I know what to look out for in a 30000km servicing? Transmission fluid need to change? Etc Etc...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.