Pet food (Dog Owners PLEASE READ)

CFC

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I believe most of you are feeding your beloved pet dog with commercial dog food and i know there are some doting owners out there feeding their darling home cooked food specially made for their furry friends.

By all means feed your dog with your home cooked food specially made for your pet dog, but please give them a balance diet. And i would suggest that you just feed them normal kibbles dog food as they are specially formulated for your dog.

And for those owners who are feeding their pet dog dry food currently, I'd advise you to get one that's well balance and of the popular brand. DO NOT try to save on your dog's expenses and it's no good for it's health.

I'd recommend you getting your pet food supplies from reputable pet shops and not commercial supermarkets.

I would mention brand name here, but there's this famous brand available in almost all supermarkets, and i believe most of you will know what brand i'm referring to now. This particular brand's salt contain is too high that all my friend who fed their dogs on it, had fur dropping problems.
After they changed to more famous and more expensive brands like Eukanuba(my recommendation) and Science Diet, the fur problem just vanish.

If you have the time, compare the nutritional contain of all the possible brand you are considering to buy.

Also, i'm against the idea of feeding our beloved furry folks canned food.
In my opinion and experience, canned food will stink your pet's breath and not only that, you will have trouble feeding your pet pure kibbles meal in future as the canned food are definitely more delicious.

Ok, those are my two cents worth of thought. Any comments?

Dolphin1977

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feed my chihuahua with 1/3 Tresor Duck with Veg abt 50g plus 2 spoons of Science Diet dry food... ONCE daily... sometime will cook some minced beef or pork rip with green beans..

and my chihuahau love fruits like durian (seldom) all type of fruits also eat...

ya my chihua eat very little nia... less than 1/4 of the bowl..

MRaJ

Reaction score
hmmm.

REMEMBER

Chocolates are LETHAL to dogs.

dun try..

i know a fren whos dog died of it..
i repeat... DONT TRY

Arcanell

Reaction score
mother said:
hmmm.

REMEMBER

dun try..

i repeat... DONT TRY

yup, that's right. Chocolate can cause death in dogs. Chocolate contains certain chemicals that are toxic to them.

Anyway, I do agree with CFC. ;)

kani_mayo_sushi

Reaction score
Arcanell said:

yup, that's right. Chocolate can cause death in dogs. Chocolate contains certain chemicals that are toxic to them.

Anyway, I do agree with CFC. ;)

but there are chocolates made specially for dogs....

dog food royal canin not bad... the fur will be good...:D

nowadaes dogs very good life... even got japanese snacks which dun come cheap either:o

quicklime

Reaction score
yupz.
i'll recommend innova, california natural, or abady.
Tried the first 2 before..good...poo also not so stinky.
the new brand azmira supposedly very delicious..haben tried thou..

now im feeding kibbles+canned food for breakfast
and homecooked for dinner.
actually im a bit worried that homecooked isnt nutritious enough..been planning to borrow some books and read up more.
those who feeds homecooked..do u add any supplements?

MRaJ

Reaction score
quicklime said:
yupz.
i'll recommend innova, california natural, or abady.
Tried the first 2 before..good...poo also not so stinky.
the new brand azmira supposedly very delicious..haben tried thou..

u try... or your pet try ??

lolz:laugh: :laugh:

quicklime

Reaction score
mother said:

u try... or your pet try ??

lolz:laugh: :laugh:
u think leh? :rolleyes:
then again..some dog owners do try the kibbles b4 feeding to their dogs.
not me thou. i cant even bear to smell it.
:D

quicklime

Reaction score
FireShadow said:
how abt dry food... such as dog "biscuits"....
What are u referring to ?
most brands as the ones mentioned above have both dry food and canned food.

Dog biscuits would be treats..and should not be replaced as meals for the dog.;)

cty85

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mother said:
hmmm.

REMEMBER

dun try..

i repeat... DONT TRY
cats dun like it either.........
salt dun feed ur cat too much of it...
my cat the fur deop alot when i fed him chips.........

Hacker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canidae not bad, no Corn Wheat, Soy, Grain Fractions or Fillers and Naturally Preserved.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
cty85 said:

cats dun like it either.........
salt dun feed ur cat too much of it...
my cat the fur deop alot when i fed him chips.........

My cat like to eat ikan bilis sometimes, I think i must not give her too foten

gokk1

Reaction score
quicklime said:
actually im a bit worried that homecooked isnt nutritious enough..been planning to borrow some books and read up more.
those who feeds homecooked..do u add any supplements?

My 13.5 years old pug had been on a homemade meal diet for all his life.

Always chicken breast meat boiled with a bit of salt and garlic. Sometime chicken liver and heart instead of the breast meat. This meal is for dinner only, in the morning, a lot of stuff from bread, noodle with chicken, rice, milk, cakes, dry dog food........

Basically, he is a glutton, eats anything, my dad never control. I think garlic is a very potent food to kill germs in the dog's body.

Lots of junk food from my dad to the little buddy, sweet made of milk (that rabbit brand).

cty85

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cat food is very ex...
and my cat wont take anything wif jelly ...
is there anything else he can eat ???

jhmae

Reaction score
chances are, if you feed the pet (cat or dog also the same) pedigree, they will go back n eat their own sh*t cos the stuff has so much artifical flavouring inside. wld recommend nutro for those pets that need to maintain their nice long coats, itz smelly enough :eek: for them to like it, n ingredients are better than eukanuba's.

as for the special dog chocs, itz just oatmeal that smell like choc n taste like it as well (swear to god, my frn really tried n he liked it!). so if both u n ur dog like chocs, just rem to get extra packet for urself... ;)

natural diet is good (BARF diet) but most dry kibble (aka dog biscuits) are good enough to cover all their nutritional need, unless ur dog got sensitive stomach then must take care lah. but try not to save on the food cos wat goes into the dog's mouth will certainly show up one way or the other =p

Hacker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other brands that I would consider for cats: Innova, Pinnacle, Felidae, Eagle Pack Holistic Select, Solid Gold, Back to Basics, Abady.

JOGK

Banned
Reaction score
my yorkie don't eat canned food, dog biscuits,
my wife's cooked for him everyday
but he eats only once
and he seldom finish his food
he likes those expensive japanese titbits
which i bought for him
he never fail to except them
i sometimes wonders how he survive with so
less food
my wife's usually cooks chicken breast, thigh
sometimes mutton, beef mixed with vegetables,
beans and carrots and corn

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.