EDMW Knife Collectors

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
didnt managed to read all the posts..but....what is the legal length of the knives?

also when legal length is it from blade to blade or blade tip to handles?

lastly...anyone bought from focalprice/dealextreme? saw some nice ones..

Few post back, someone posted on the legalities.. Again, why not just contact a&e direct..
Focal price and dx used to be the only easy place to acquire a few nice replica last time but quality is a hit and miss and in recent times, it has dropped. with the appearance of srm, enlan, ganzo and a few other Chinese factories selling their own line after producing for a few US brands, it would be best to go for those instead.. Google for those Chinese knives and you can see a few reviews about them..

In fact, I just hooted 2 Chinese axis lock to play with.. An enlan el02 and srm 6261
Here's some by sojourn..

here are some chinese blades, see the similarity.
Inron MY803 (9Cr13MoV, G10) (XM-18 similarity?)
Enlan EL-08 (9Cr13MoV, G10)
Enlan Bee EL-01 (8Cr13MoV, G10) (XM-18 similarity?)
Sanrenmu 710 (8Cr13MoV) (Sebenza similarity?)
Leen 1203 (440C) (Sebenza similarity?)

the quality of these are not so bad after all. if they dont copy and made some serious design on their own, the chinese folders are at a fraction of the costs of the US cousins, but near quality.

chinese_0002_draft.jpg

chinese_0055_draft.jpg

chinese_0060_draft.jpg

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Some of the PRC knives are really good, for eg. those produced by Kevin John's factory - pity with his ability, skill and resources, he chooses to just copy original designs (right down to logos) and infringe the IPR of others. He's too talented for that, IMO. I guess $$ talks.

Separately, I noticed some guys collect lots of production knives - certainly variety is the spice of life, and they are not really expensive. Do you guys have any theme to your collection - for eg. chinese productions? or movie items =:p? or spydercos? or benchmades? or....and have you considered swapping all those productions for a couple of good custom blades? different strokes for different folks, it's all good ;)

Last edited:

sojourn88

Reaction score
There was a reporter here last time asking to interview and see some of the collections.. I believed everyone contacted here declined/ignored since it might draw unnecessary attention..

oh really...yes , agree.. better to avoid unnecessary attention..

sojourn88

Reaction score
MWTS Benchmade Adamas 275 combo edge. Knife is brand new , not used, just viewed and flipped a few times. This is a huge tank, manual axis lock version, non automatic , take note!
Selling to fund a plain edge version.
SGD250, include delivery within Singapore.
No minors please, Please show me NRIC to ascertain age before I decide to sell.
PM me for details.
knif_collection_05_wm.jpg

knif_collection_26_wm.jpg

•D2 Tool Steel with coating Cerakote™
•Handle Material: Desert Tan G-10
•Liner Material: Full Stainless Liners
•Lock Type: AXIS
•Sheath Material: Sand Color MOLLE Soft Sheath with Malice Clip
•Blade Length: 3.82" (97mm)
•Blade Thickness: 0.160" (4.06mm)
•Length Closed: 4.88" (124mm)
•Weight: 7.70 oz. (218.3g)
•Handle thickness: 0.73” (15.5mm)

Last edited:

nilfire77

Reaction score
Some of the PRC knives are really good, for eg. those produced by Kevin John's factory - pity with his ability, skill and resources, he chooses to just copy original designs (right down to logos) and infringe the IPR of others. He's too talented for that, IMO. I guess $$ talks.
Yeah Kevin John's knives are really amazing in terms of F&F and feel in quality. A pity that he doesn't design his own knives. His latest copy is a Scott Cook Lochsa.. Looks jawdroppingly identical to the real thing, including the price lol.

Separately, I noticed some guys collect lots of production knives - certainly variety is the spice of life, and they are not really expensive. Do you guys have any theme to your collection - for eg. chinese productions? or movie items =:p? or spydercos? or benchmades? or....and have you considered swapping all those productions for a couple of good custom blades? different strokes for different folks, it's all good ;)
Mine is titanium framelocks.. lol.. Ordered a few customs and still waiting.. Direware Solo V2 supposed to ETA back in July but it was delayed till further notice.. I guess that's part of the uncertainties of ordering a custom..

sojourn88

Reaction score
who is kevin John? Maybe a person, or maybe a group of people, a brand name, a company... etc.. we never know.
it is same as another 随风。。he is a real knife maker. But some companies use his name all the time.. Y-Start also uses his name in their products but it is not the real 随风

sojourn88

Reaction score

nilfire77

Reaction score
The Strider Trifecta + Tigerstripe family

Strider Tigerstripe section!! Fall in!!!!!! (Top to bottom: PT Lego, SnG CC, SMF Lego)
1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

The tigerstripe family + the ZT cousin
3-3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, not so much the authorities since all we do here is so far legal, but more so the general public's perception..
maybe an invite only FB group would be great! ;)

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is not a knife but i imported it...
Its meant for decorative purposes, and i got it from ebay coz caesars is so ex -.-

$(KGrHqZHJEUFBggwK(kmBQg-Kh19Dw~~60_57.JPG

Will get through customs or not? I did apply for a arms license just to import it, and put the date of arrival approx 1st nov, but it says need 2 weeks to process the application, and my item should be arriving in a few days. Whats gonna happen lol any experienced guys know?

Nice! What sword is this? Any link?

I ordered this via Taoboa and use a local agent to bring it in ... can get thru the custom.

IMAG0515.jpg

sojourn88

Reaction score
is nice but got to burn a bigg hole to acquire it!.. it is in the region of around S$ 305 including Shipment, insurance and GST at customs.

although USD exchange rate is favourable for SGD, it is the shipment and insurance which adds up, in my case it is about USD63 for USPS Priority Mail.
To share the shipment costs, it is more economical to order another couple of items. and while doing it, the cost of items + shipment contribue to more than S$400 which then the GST kick in, and need to pay another 7%.

i have ordered from another 2 suppliers which charge USD7 only for shipment but these 2 guy do not carry this model, and such low shipping rates are hard to come by.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.