How to buy Nexus 4/7/10 in Singapore

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to buy Nexus 4/7/10 in Singapore?
1) Go to Google Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/devices/
2) Yes, you cannot enter. So get Free VPN <-- tricks Google webby that you are in USA. - SecurityKISS Tunnel
3) Activate it and you can access the site.
4) Google does not ship to Singapore directly so you will need to get courier service - I recommend hopshopgo.com cause paypal users get 10% off.
5) Register and follow the instructions for your 'USA' address. Use this coupon code for discount on shipping and upgrade to express shipping -Codes expired, Please share if any or PM me.
6) Do note that anything about SGD400, you will be subjected to 7% GST. The GST is paid to hopshopgo when you declare your purchases. Please note that you should declare in USD in hopshopgo! i.e. $349 for N4 16gb, $299 N7 3G

For those of you wondering whats the big deal?

Nexus 4
You get the best processor S4pro available in the the market, 4.7 inch 720p IPS+ screen and stock android experience without contract at around SGD$500 - After GST, google+hopshopgo delivery charges (I paid for around SGD$491). IMHO its a steal for the build quality, screen and the specs. Speculation that the retail set in Singapore will cost around $700ish and launch in Feb 2013. Personally, I dare say this is the best android experience since my Galaxy Nexus.

Nexus 7
7" inch Tablet 16gb/32gb/32gb with 3G @ SGD$280/330/420 respectively, After GST(if any), google+hopshopgo delivery charges. Much lower than retail stores here and Asus has international warranty :)

Nexus 10
10" tablet better than retina display tablet @ USD$399/499 (lazy to convert).

What's the cons?
There is no warranty for Nexus 4 & 10 because LG and Samsung doesnt support international warranty. So if you get a lemon, then sway. But based on my experience, 4 sets of N4 16gb, 1 set of N7 16gb and 32gb 3G, all are flawless. Note that I got the 2nd batch of N4s which are made in Dec 12.

Any bros if got better courier service please recommend..

FAQ : My payment is rejected. HELP!

Try the following

- Change your google wallet's billing & delivery address to your shipping USA address.
- Use a mastercard instead of visa. For my case I tried 4 visa cards from 4 banks but none went thru.
- There are cases where another brother used Amex (not from DBS) and worked. If u are using Amex, You may want to use borderlessbuy.com.sg - it gives free express shipping and some discount.

amigoeva wrote:

remove all credit cards with non-US billing address
replace ur home address with a US address
replace ur phone number with a US number
add a new card with US address and US number

for me, i changed my "home address" to be the same as my shipping and billing address, and I'm using my DBS live fresh card

How come my shipping + Taxes in hopshopgo so expensive?

If your purchases is over 400SGD, your shipping + Taxes will automatically include GST. I have e-mail hopshopgo to clarify on this.

I have a Nillkin case for sale. I ordered Red colour but when I received it, it looks more like pink to me. I am a guy and have no plans of using it

Suitable for gf or lady user.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAHE/FSF2ryW7cJk/s640/IMG_20130114_224544.jpg

NILLKIN ??

I bought for 11USD + shipping. My loss is yr gain. Selling for 8 SGD. Comes with screen protector also

PM me please.

Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
+1 for u. but i heard that google will suspend ur google wallet first then have to reverify?

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i dunno.. I did prepare another credit card with the shipping address of hopshopgo..

hopefully can go thru on 13th November..

How i wish they launched it here in Singapore just like the Nexus One days..

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice post, just one question though, how to actually pay for your purchases with a Singapore bank issued credit card with Singapore address?

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i dunno.. I did prepare another credit card with the shipping address of hopshopgo..

icic. thanks. i'm thinking of getting a Nexus 7 16GB from the play store...but quite worried about the suspension of my google wallet :(

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can you enlighten me on how to prepare a credit card with hopshopgo shipping address?

Do you mean that hopshopgo shipping address is used as the billing address?

Thanks

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice post, just one question though, how to actually pay for your purchases with a Singapore bank issued credit card with Singapore address?
actually i have gotten my Nexus 7 16gb via jr.com.. my singapore Citibank card did go thru..

hopefully it can apply to google play store. If not you will need to use the buyforme service at 5% extra

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you enlighten me on how to prepare a credit card with hopshopgo shipping address?

Do you mean that hopshopgo shipping address is used as the billing address?

Thanks
yes bro u are right.

hopshopgo shipping address is used as the billing address.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i have gotten my Nexus 7 16gb via jr.com.. my singapore Citibank card did go thru..

hopefully it can apply to google play store. If not you will need to use the buyforme service at 5% extra

Great! Didn't know that they have buyforme service. Thank a lot.

bardsmanship

Reaction score
I just got my hopshopgo account... to get the 10% discount on international shipping, do I need to top-up my paypal to the required amount and pay using paypal, or can I just use my own credit card to buy as per normal?

bossmian

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for the post. Now hoping that a singapore based credit card will work.

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got my hopshopgo account... to get the 10% discount on international shipping, do I need to top-up my paypal to the required amount and pay using paypal, or can I just use my own credit card to buy as per normal?
no need top up.. just pay using paypal (which for my case will charge to my creditcard) and auto 10% discount..

tan1688

Reaction score
if payment using paypal then credit card information is hidden to the merchant
even to google playstore, that's the whole point of using paypal, hide the credit card
account to the merchant.

then paypal register using sg credit card possible.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
or you can save all the hassle, all the doubts whether it will even work and get it from Hardwarezone bros.

search for
WTS: Nexus 4, Nexus 7 & 10, iPad Mini Wifi+LTE
So......business is good?

Too rich for my blood, so I'm going the el cheapo way. :D

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
or you can save all the hassle, all the doubts whether it will even work and get it from Hardwarezone bros.

search for
WTS: Nexus 4, Nexus 7 & 10, iPad Mini Wifi+LTE

and pay more for it? no thanks :D I'd rather wait for a week or two and save $30 :s13:. It's not like we're so despo for it.

So......business is good?

Too rich for my blood, so I'm going the el cheapo way. :D

ya lor haha. why pay more when you can pay less :s13:

_m0r0n_

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone here going to order the n4? please count..i can share the shipping :p

GrimStranger

Reaction score
Not to rain on the parade, but it might not be possible to buy Nexus devices on Play using a Singapore credit card.

From XDA forum thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33760715&postcount=475

A Virtual Credit Card (VCC) cannot be used with your purchase in the device store. Also, at this time, the country of your credit card must match the the country to which you're shipping.

One might be able to get past shipping by using vPost, BorderlessBuy, etc. to have an US address, but unless you have a US credit card, a Singapore credit card might not fly.

The thread says the information is "confirmed" but bet your bottom dollar I'll be trying my Singapore CC come Nov 13 :)

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not to rain on the parade, but it might not be possible to buy Nexus devices on Play using a Singapore credit card.

From XDA forum thread xda-developers - View Single Post - Play Store orders and shipping thread!

One might be able to get past shipping by using vPost, BorderlessBuy, etc. to have an US address, but unless you have a US credit card, a Singapore credit card might not fly.

The thread says the information is "confirmed" but bet your bottom dollar I'll be trying my Singapore CC come Nov 13 :)
So either you have an Amex, or a concierge service like Buyforme.

The Singapore CC not allowed is confirmed for sure.......no need to even try. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.