iPhone 5 Battery Life

PumpkinX

Reaction score
Just got an exchange from SH and battery still seems the same, draining very fast when using 3g or lte to surf internet, at most 5.5hrs with the screen continuously on and surfing. Anyone here got better usage times on 3g after an exchange? I am deciding whether to go through the trouble of another exchange or just accept that Apple lied about the 8 hrs 3g lte internet browsing time.

vabian

Reaction score
Just got an exchange from SH and battery still seems the same, draining very fast when using 3g or lte to surf internet, at most 5.5hrs with the screen continuously on and surfing. Anyone here got better usage times on 3g after an exchange? I am deciding whether to go through the trouble of another exchange or just accept that Apple lied about the 8 hrs 3g lte internet browsing time.

hi can i know if the exchanged set is a new or refurbished set?

PumpkinX

Reaction score
hi can i know if the exchanged set is a new or refurbished set?

I am not sure. The guy say it's new but I don't know if he really knows for sure. It's manufactured in week 35 compared to my old one which is week 40, it could be either way.

Kinda regret going for the exchange actually.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finds that when playing video or games, the phone lasts only about 2-3 hours. When surfing the net on LTE, will last at least 6 to 7 hours (this is not aggresive downloading and stuff).

Think I will transfer the gaming and video watching to my iPad Mini LTE when it is launched. Will just use iPhone 5 as a phone, for Facebook, Whatsapp and other simple task.

Very true. today I played video for continously 2hrs and at the same time was downloading video, within 3 hrs 100% becomes 40+%.

Anyone has any strong recommendations on battery packs (those casing type)?

Btw,off topic a bit...for appletv, is it anything also can mirror? all games, all applications?

PetPet

Reaction score
Hmm text and more text. Lots of emails. Little phone calls. Wasn't on LTE or wifi.

gcLdI.png

yoman8

Reaction score
I am not sure. The guy say it's new but I don't know if he really knows for sure. It's manufactured in week 35 compared to my old one which is week 40, it could be either way.

Kinda regret going for the exchange actually.

If battery seems the same ok ma, at least exterior is new. :)

sebastlim

Reaction score
I think if the place has low signal and you are surfing, the batt will run out faster. That's what I realized, maybe wrong too!

yoman8

Reaction score
who knows whether SH gt stock for replacement now?

Last edited:

borealiszio

Reaction score
Wah.. Are you a NSman or what? 2 days worth of standby time?

it's not accurate with that 10hrs of usage and 2days of stand by. Look further down it state that after full charge he did plug into some source to charge it alittle or so.

deep3lue

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's not accurate with that 10hrs of usage and 2days of stand by. Look further down it state that after full charge he did plug into some source to charge it alittle or so.

That statement actually refers to when was the last time he plugged in/charged his phone and it does not mean that at any point of time did he actually re-charge his phone.

His iPhone really lasted that long prior to his previous last charge.

borealiszio

Reaction score
That statement actually refers to when was the last time he plugged in/charged his phone and it does not mean that at any point of time did he actually re-charge his phone.

bro what i mean is IF u charge your phone till 100% and plug out and using it without plugging into any charging point/external charger etc it won't show the message. Hope you get what i mean.

It's how much usage you get with a single charge to full and then no in between charges in the day, thats the whole point of testing.

Last edited:

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

He charged to 100%, using till certain %, plug in to either power source or usb source to charge, this time round, not charge to 100%. Hence u will see that message. Try it on your idevice and u will know. Conclusion, that screen shot is nothing. No offence to him.

deep3lue

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro what i mean is IF u charge your phone till 100% and plug out and using it without plugging into any charging point/external charger etc it won't show the message. Hope you get what i mean.

It's how much usage you get with a single charge to full and then no in between charges in the day, thats the whole point of testing.

Oh I see.. Now I get you.. Sorry, wasn't sure what you mean until I checked my own phone. :o

So the Moderate is faking us! :eek:

borealiszio

Reaction score
Oh I see.. Now I get you.. Sorry, wasn't sure what you mean until I checked my own phone. :o

So the Moderate is faking us! :eek:

haha it's ok, maybe he accidentally plug into a source. Haha~ cheers my phone only can last like 5-6hrs of usage =( but o well just enjoy the phone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.