iPhone Jailbreaking, Restoring & Unlocking Guide[Pls read first post] - Part 2

zhiwei_86

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah, loyal jailbreaker. If that's the case, I guess I can't be of any help. :)

thanks for trying to help anw :)

If cnt is here the problem would be solved in one single post.

looking for him too..

summary of my issue:

iiphone4, ios4.3.3 gp jailbreak, cant upgrade to ios5.1.1b.

i have SHSH blob saved on cydia, extracted locally, then stitched with redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3 to create custom ipsw.

after that used redsn0w to set pwned-dfu mode, ran itunes and selected custom ipsw, restore, but got error 3194.

then tried setting to pwned-dfu mode, then ran tinyumbrella > start tss server > ran itunes and selected custom ipsw, restore, but got error 16XX (sometimes 1600, 1601, 1602)

tried using ireb6.0 to set to pwned-dfu mode, still getting error 16XX.

switched off AV and FW, but still getting error 16XX (with TSS server on). reinstalling itunes and swapping usb ports doesnt help also.

any help to fix the errors above...?

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only error I know is 3194 means you're shift restoring to a custom IPSW through iTunes. Never do that, iTunes will check if you're restoring to the latest public release or beta. The 16XX I google-ed, found the ireb only. That's it.. :(

Personally I tried updating to latest and downgrading before, was safe and succeeded. But since you don't want to take the risk :o

Can try using some version of redsn0w's downgrade function then select your custom IPSW. Done that on my 4s from beta 6v4 back to 5.1.1 JB.

Last edited:

iamlenon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now i am facing the same problem.
used sn0wbreeze to create 5.1.1 custom ipsw
set to DFU and pwn DFU oso get error 21
ran tinyumbrella tss server gave error 16xx

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so can untether JB for ip4 6.0.1?

I'm also looking for untether jb for 6.0.1 else next time fly oversea for holiday need bring my pc along

I'm holding iPhone 4 on 6.0, should I upgrade to 6.0.1 then jailbreak or should I jailbreak ios 6.01? And is the latest jailbreak semi-tethered? Thanks alot

I haven't jailbreak for a long time until recently after getting the 2phone dual sim adapter

Last edited:

MKamaruddin

Reaction score
Morning guys, I have a iPhone 4 running 6.0.1 it's a Canadian set telco was Bell. So am I right to say that I need to JB it before I can unlock it to be used on local telcos? Thank you.

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry, a bit of lost track on jailbreaks,

whats the latest version for unthetered for ip3?, and ipod touch 5 jailbreakable?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sian, jailbreak ios 6.0.1 for my iphone 4 last sat with redsnow, jailbreak crashed 3x, and today crashed again and cant even reboot now, how ar?? anyway to at least turn on my iphone :(

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hold down power and home button until it shows apple logo. From there you should then be directed to home screen, I hope for you, else you'll need to do a clean restore and re-jb it again.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hold down power and home button until it shows apple logo. From there you should then be directed to home screen, I hope for you, else you'll need to do a clean restore and re-jb it again.

tried many times, it just doenst show up the apple logo, i can feel the battery is hot when i charge it.

just jailbreak this weekend, crashed 3x, this evening, didnt do anything, took out the phone out from pocket, completely bricked.

no matter how many times i press the power + home together, it just wouldnt work, best thing is my itune wont start on my pc.. :(

damn, no more jailbreak anymore,

im using iphone 4, upgraded to ios 6.0.1, then jailbreak with redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3 tethered version. crashed 3x previously over 2 days. morning crashed again, but late for work so just re-jb it and go work and unfortunately crashed after work

any more ideas? or else got to buy iphone 4s :(

how do i do a clean restore??

Last edited:

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long you hold it sia... By right after 15 seconds sure react Liao unless up lorry :( I have a 4s and might consider off loading, pm me if interested :o

You can only do a clean restore if your phone powers up no matter what state it is in. If it doesn't power up, then bye bye Liao.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How long you hold it sia... By right after 15 seconds sure react Liao unless up lorry :( I have a 4s and might consider off loading, pm me if interested :o

You can only do a clean restore if your phone powers up no matter what state it is in. If it doesn't power up, then bye bye Liao.

Now my iphone run out of battery already and screen telling me to charge it

Is the os crash and not hardware

Your 4s is ios6?

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now my iphone run out of battery already and screen telling me to charge it

Is the os crash and not hardware

Your 4s is ios6?

I use apple stuffs so many years, never experienced any unsolvable crash. Cannot boot up = hold both button for 15 sec then restore from back up. Yes, it is on ios 6. Now jailbreak community focusing on ios 6.1 jb btw.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I use apple stuffs so many years, never experienced any unsolvable crash. Cannot boot up = hold both button for 15 sec then restore from back up. Yes, it is on ios 6. Now jailbreak community focusing on ios 6.1 jb btw.

ya :s13::s13:

battery went flat overnight, saw the opportunity, plug in power, then do press power + home and phone reboot :s12:

gonna do a clean restore liaoo.. but can i do a clean restore on other pc that contains itune with another apple account???

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My home button miraculously working with as good sensitivity after my phone bricked last night! Haha

Blessing in disguised

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Previously I can hold up to 1 to 2 minute and it just doesn't boot at all..

Fortunately battery went flat overnight that allow me to tethered boot the phone and do a clean restore

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
realised a lot lesser ppl asking abt jailbreaking or release date for untethered jailbreak nowadays. it was so much quieter now. is it cos most apple user moved to android or ppl just got smarter to using google or is it me WOLS n dun even know untethered jailbreak is already released?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.