Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

Turquoise!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wanna check the rate of a normal class 3 manual PDI. e.g. How much per hour? (peak/off-peak), TP, Circuit? Warm up? Registration fee of PDI? Thanks~

Vicks_sun

Reaction score
Yes. I totally agree with geraldine89's feedback on Peck! I attended few lessons under Peck. He never bother to teach or guide me before letting me to drive, even on my first lesson. When he realised I did not do correctly, he scolded me straight away and rudely push my hands away from the steering wheel to take control of it. He never put himself in the shoes of the new learner. I regret trusting those testimonials on his website!

Hi, May I know Which Peck?

What's his number?

Thanks a lot for sharing so that we can avoid horrible PDIs.

Thank you

boringLife-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys took how many lesson before going into circuit for private? My 10th lesson liao but still driving around in circles in main road only :(

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys took how many lesson before going into circuit for private? My 10th lesson liao but still driving around in circles in main road only :(

I heard theres a limit for circuit booking for private
Maybe thats the reason why most people have lesser circuit practice

Anyway once u can drive properly outside, inside circuit should be no problem la
Juz need to remember the procedure for each station
Like when to full lock steering, when to turn, what should u do during slope etc

pinkycream

Reaction score
Need a good recommendation for instructor at CDC/SSDC(woodlands pickup cos i got direct bus there) asap. Manual/Auto also can as long as instructor is good.

BTW I wanna check if I take private, booking of circuit is an extra charge or included in my hourly rate? And usually how much?

AND also when I want to take TP how much do I have to pay including renting of cars and the necessary payments?

Anyone knows Mr chua thiam hwee's charges as well as TP booking charges and circuits?

Last edited:

icypryce

Reaction score
Need a good recommendation for instructor at CDC asap. Manual/Auto also can as long as instructor is good.

BTW I wanna check if I take private, booking of circuit is an extra charge or included in my hourly rate? And usually how much?

AND also when I want to take TP how much do I have to pay including renting of cars and the necessary payments?

Anyone knows Mr chua thiam hwee's charges as well as TP booking charges and circuits?

For TP booking is 20 bucks, 150plus for vehicle rental and warm up is 30 so add up around 200 plus.

Mr chua charge 27 per hr and usually is 90min lesson which is an hr and half for 40 bucks. Call him up at 96523770 to confirm. He's a good and patient instructor. Good luck.

cjsim89

Reaction score
Hi all.

Need a good and reliable pdi in north area pick up. Yishun best.

Requirement
Max 30 bucks per hr
Don't chut stunt
Eg. Always cancel lesson. Very little time slot available. Waste your time which result in spending more than what is required. Always ask friend cover lesson.

Please pm me. Really need good recommendation

lambsays

Reaction score
DONT GET CHEATED BY DAVID TAY

Sometimes it's what you pay, what type of service you get.

Just to share my experience after switching to current instructor mr tay. Although he's rate is slightly higher than average, he is way way much patient and friendly. he does not make sarcastic remarks when you make repeated mistakes. You will be amazed the way he teaches you parking. din know got such simple and shortcut steps. within 1 - 2 lesson, can easily park the car with confidences!! my previous instructor only know how to say "ok..turn left.left ok. now right,..ok turn turn." wasted much more money even though per lesson cheaper...:s12:

contact him at 9456 9797 if you want to give it a try. SMS him better so you wont disrupt his ongoing lesson.

PLEASE DONT BELIEVE THE ABOVE. I TOOK DRIVING LESSONS FROM DAVID TAY TIANG CHONG AND THE POST ABOVE IS SO OBVIOUSLY WRITTEN BY HIMSELF. ON MY FIRST DAY HE ALREADY TOLD ME TO CHECK FORUMS TO SEE HOW GOOD HE IS, AND THIS IS THE ONLY ENTRY ON HIM.

ANYWAY, HE NOT ONLY DIDN'T TEACH ME NOTHING BUT DRIVING AROUND ON MAIN ROADS, NO CIRCUIT, ATTEMPT U-TURN TWICE, 3 POINT TURN TWICE, AND ONLY ONE CIRCUIT LESSON BEFORE YOUR TP TEST.

DURING LESSON, HE WILL BE ON THE PHONE, LISTENING TO HIS KARAOKE, AND I JUST FAILED TODAY NOT BECAUSE I COULDNT PARK OR DRIVE, BUT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T TEACH ME THE BASIC THINGS LIKE CHECKING BLIND SPOT WHEN MAKING LEFT OR RIGHT TURNS OR EVEN BRAKING.

HE CHARGES THE SAME EVEN WHEN YOU ARE LATE AND ENDS ON TIME. BUT HE GOES FOR 20 MIN TOILET BREAK. THIS BREAK WILL INCLUDE RINSING HIS MOUTH, EATING HIS FOOD OUTSIDE HIS CAR, AND TONGUE CLEANING. NOT ONCE. NOT TWICE. BUT EVERY SINGLE LESSON. HE WILL TAKE A 10 - 20 MINUTE TOILET BREAK. OF COURSE HE DIDNT PRO RATE MY FEES TO 40MIN. WHAT A DOG.

ALTOGETHER, HE CHARGE $54 FOR ONLY ONE HOUR AND MADE ME DRIVE-ONLY FOR 29 LESSONS. OF WHICH, HE DIDN'T EVEN TAKE ME TO THE CIRCUIT. OR LEARN THINGS LIKE U-TURN OR 3 POINT TURNS.

I CREATED THIS ACCOUNT JUST TO WARN EVEYRONE NOT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY. HE DOES NOT WANT YOU TO PASS, BUT TO FAIL AND RETAKE MORE LESSONS WITH HIM.

I CHECKED WITH OTHERS, PRIVATE INSTRUCTORS NOT ONLY CHARGE MUCH LESS FOR 1.5 HOURS, BUT THEY TAKE ONLY 10 LESSONS BEFORE THEIR PRACTICAL TEST. AND THE CHERRY TO TOP IT ALL OFF IS THAT HIS PASSING RATE IS ONLY 21% WHICH I NEVER QUESTIONED UNTIL TODAY.

PLEASE DON'T LEARN FROM THIS DAVID TAY SGC 8471 TOYOTA VIOS SILVER

lambsays

Reaction score
DAVID TAY TIANG CHONG BBDC SGV 8471

Sometimes it's what you pay, what type of service you get.

Just to share my experience after switching to current instructor mr tay. Although he's rate is slightly higher than average, he is way way much patient and friendly. he does not make sarcastic remarks when you make repeated mistakes. You will be amazed the way he teaches you parking. din know got such simple and shortcut steps. within 1 - 2 lesson, can easily park the car with confidences!! my previous instructor only know how to say "ok..turn left.left ok. now right,..ok turn turn." wasted much more money even though per lesson cheaper...:s12:

contact him at 9456 9797 if you want to give it a try. SMS him better so you wont disrupt his ongoing lesson.

PLEASE DONT BELIEVE THE ABOVE. I TOOK DRIVING LESSONS FROM DAVID TAY TIANG CHONG AND THE POST ABOVE IS SO OBVIOUSLY WRITTEN BY HIMSELF. ON MY FIRST DAY HE ALREADY TOLD ME TO CHECK FORUMS TO SEE HOW GOOD HE IS, AND THIS IS THE ONLY ENTRY ON HIM.

ANYWAY, HE NOT ONLY DIDN'T TEACH ME NOTHING BUT DRIVING AROUND ON MAIN ROADS, NO CIRCUIT, ATTEMPT U-TURN TWICE, 3 POINT TURN TWICE, AND ONLY ONE CIRCUIT LESSON BEFORE YOUR TP TEST.

DURING LESSON, HE WILL BE ON THE PHONE, LISTENING TO HIS KARAOKE, AND I JUST FAILED TODAY NOT BECAUSE I COULDNT PARK OR DRIVE, BUT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T TEACH ME THE BASIC THINGS LIKE CHECKING BLIND SPOT WHEN MAKING LEFT OR RIGHT TURNS OR EVEN BRAKING.

HE CHARGES THE SAME EVEN WHEN YOU ARE LATE AND ENDS ON TIME. BUT HE GOES FOR 20 MIN TOILET BREAK. THIS BREAK WILL INCLUDE RINSING HIS MOUTH, EATING HIS FOOD OUTSIDE HIS CAR, AND TONGUE CLEANING. NOT ONCE. NOT TWICE. BUT EVERY SINGLE LESSON. HE WILL TAKE A 10 - 20 MINUTE TOILET BREAK. OF COURSE HE DIDNT PRO RATE MY FEES TO 40MIN. WHAT A DOG.

ALTOGETHER, HE CHARGE $54 FOR ONLY ONE HOUR AND MADE ME DRIVE-ONLY FOR 29 LESSONS. OF WHICH, HE DIDN'T EVEN TAKE ME TO THE CIRCUIT. OR LEARN THINGS LIKE U-TURN OR 3 POINT TURNS.

I CREATED THIS ACCOUNT JUST TO WARN EVEYRONE NOT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY. HE DOES NOT WANT YOU TO PASS, BUT TO FAIL AND RETAKE MORE LESSONS WITH HIM.

I CHECKED WITH OTHERS, PRIVATE INSTRUCTORS NOT ONLY CHARGE MUCH LESS FOR 1.5 HOURS, BUT THEY TAKE ONLY 10 LESSONS BEFORE THEIR PRACTICAL TEST. AND THE CHERRY TO TOP IT ALL OFF IS THAT HIS PASSING RATE IS ONLY 21% WHICH I NEVER QUESTIONED UNTIL TODAY.

Vicks_sun

Reaction score

Thanks for warning!! =D

Nearly called him >"<

yung ling

Reaction score
Hi, Anyone have a instructor at BBDC?
I have failed 3 times, and need someone that can point out my mistake.
Please PM me.

PinkishNips

Reaction score
Hi,any bros or sis have ever been taught by Soh Guan Hong at CDC before?..need reviews..thanks much

veneanar

Reaction score
I remember searching through this thread just a few months ago looking for a good auto driving instructor at CDC. There were quite a few recommended manual ones but no auto. So I thought I should recommend a good auto instructor since I passed my TP on my first try after 18 lessons :D

My instructor is called Tommy, CDC, auto.

He speaks both Chinese and English, which is good for me cause honestly my chinese cmi. He's really very patient and doesn't scold. The only time he scolded me was the lesson just before my TP as I really did quite a few stupid mistakes la. But other than that he's friendly, and can the kind that can talk cock with. He's super punctual and won't take long toilet breaks! In fact he rarely takes toilet breaks haha.

I personally think I'm a slow learner so the mere fact that I can pass the first time only after 18 lessons under him is that he's pretty good la. So thought come and share lobang with those looking for a good auto instructor.

Rates are $32 an hour, same for peak and non-peak.
$50 enrollment fee

Contact is --> Tommy, 94566688

LachesisxD

Reaction score

Keshajones

Reaction score
hi. not sure if i can post this here... but I have a sgdriving.net account for FTT practice to let go. pm regarding pricing thx :)

KennyDagrish

Reaction score
does anyone have any recommendations for tampines driving instructor automatic with pick up?

thank you...price is not so big an issue unless super super ex

sakura_candy

Reaction score
I remember searching through this thread just a few months ago looking for a good auto driving instructor at CDC. There were quite a few recommended manual ones but no auto. So I thought I should recommend a good auto instructor since I passed my TP on my first try after 18 lessons :D

My instructor is called Tommy, CDC, auto.

He speaks both Chinese and English, which is good for me cause honestly my chinese cmi. He's really very patient and doesn't scold. The only time he scolded me was the lesson just before my TP as I really did quite a few stupid mistakes la. But other than that he's friendly, and can the kind that can talk cock with. He's super punctual and won't take long toilet breaks! In fact he rarely takes toilet breaks haha.

I personally think I'm a slow learner so the mere fact that I can pass the first time only after 18 lessons under him is that he's pretty good la. So thought come and share lobang with those looking for a good auto instructor.

Rates are $32 an hour, same for peak and non-peak.
$50 enrollment fee

Contact is --> Tommy, 94566688

Yeah, I have him too, he's nice and patient, but really busy! I'm taking test Jan 8 but I still suck at circuit howww....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.