Asus PADPHONE 2

Yakumo

Reaction score
hi guys,

i had flashed the V10.4.7.10 Only for TW SKU (Android 4.1) from StarHub_A68-9.8.8.56.

i had encountered the NFC is not functioning at all. Anyone have encounter this NFC issue?

Please advise. many thanks

I'm currently using TW V10.4.7.10 SKU as well, no problems on NFC. Try installing Farebot from Google Play Store to test your NFC. Scan your ezlink card by tapping it at the back of the phone just above the PadFone logo. There should be a sound to confirm a successful scan.

I do think that the volume as become softer after upgrading to jelly bean and it seems to be a software issue that's affecting all jelly bean users. Anyone can confirm that please? :(

Any bro or sis here tried using the MHL function on their phone? I got one Samsung brand MHL adapter but it doesn't work... Maybe I got the 11-pin adapter for S3 instead of the 5-pin adapter for S2 :o

benthian89

Reaction score
I'm currently using TW V10.4.7.10 SKU as well, no problems on NFC. Try installing Farebot from Google Play Store to test your NFC. Scan your ezlink card by tapping it at the back of the phone just above the PadFone logo. There should be a sound to confirm a successful scan.

I do think that the volume as become softer after upgrading to jelly bean and it seems to be a software issue that's affecting all jelly bean users. Anyone can confirm that please? :(

Any bro or sis here tried using the MHL function on their phone? I got one Samsung brand MHL adapter but it doesn't work... Maybe I got the 11-pin adapter for S3 instead of the 5-pin adapter for S2 :o

I only have a music playback issue with the 10.4.7.10,
The first track will be fine, but the second track following that will be soft..
Subsequent tracks will go back to normal volume. Guess it is a bug.
Btw: this is with the google music app. It is not a bug with the app.

It was ok on 10.4.5.33.

With regards to MHL,
Mine is working fine, i used the 5-pin adapter that worked on the s2/note.
though its a bit loose due to the custom Asus micro usb port

Last edited:

Gaddy23

Reaction score
sorry for the noob question but anyway to show the battery percentage without the use of a 3rd party app? i can't find it anywhere..

Yakumo

Reaction score
I only have a music playback issue with the 10.4.7.10,
The first track will be fine, but the second track following that will be soft..
Subsequent tracks will go back to normal volume. Guess it is a bug.
Btw: this is with the google music app. It is not a bug with the app.

It was ok on 10.4.5.33.

With regards to MHL,
Mine is working fine, i used the 5-pin adapter that worked on the s2/note.
though its a bit loose due to the custom Asus micro usb port

Thanks for the reply! I meant by overall sound level, like phone calls and ringing volume. May I know where you get your adapter please? And what's the maximum output resolution did you achieve with it, 1080p FullHD?

sorry for the noob question but anyway to show the battery percentage without the use of a 3rd party app? i can't find it anywhere..

You can add the Asus Widget which will show you the battery percentage, it pre-loaded with the system apps

Gaddy23

Reaction score
yes but i would prefer it to be in the taskbar on top instead of a vague battery icon. haha. Thanks anyway. :)

benthian89

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I meant by overall sound level, like phone calls and ringing volume. May I know where you get your adapter please? And what's the maximum output resolution did you achieve with it, 1080p FullHD?

I think its about the same, never really pay attention to that.

I still have 2 pieces of adapter left.
WTS Genuine Samsung micro usb to HDMI adapter - Ad#219498 - HardwareZone.com.sg

This is the link of my marketplace.

Will give better price for padfone2 owners - $25.
Is it ok?

My TV is 720p only, so i can't test for 1080p

Yakumo

Reaction score

I think its about the same, never really pay attention to that.

I still have 2 pieces of adapter left.
WTS Genuine Samsung micro usb to HDMI adapter - Ad#219498 - HardwareZone.com.sg

This is the link of my marketplace.

Will give better price for padfone2 owners - $25.
Is it ok?

My TV is 720p only, so i can't test for 1080p

Sure! I will send you a pm later :s13:

Gt a noob question to ask.
How to do a screencapture on the padfone2?

Just hold the right button for like 3 seconds, can't remember if it's default setting but you can change it in Settings > ASUS customized setting > TOUCH KEY > Key setting

Last edited:

Gaddy23

Reaction score
power plus lower volume
alternative just hold the bottom right softkey (i.e. window switching icon)

zalina

Reaction score
Can't find any suitable housing or casing for the phone here. Anyone has recommendations?

Gaddy23

Reaction score
another thing i noticed is that there is a slight scratch on the screen. (thank god i'm using a makeshift screen protector in the meantime). This is after a handful times of docking and undocking.. hmmmm

peekyboo

Reaction score
hi guys i just tried to flash the padfone ... apparently it says unable to operate the zip file or something ... then it goes reboot .. and now stuck at the asus logo with the spinning thing below ... please advise ...

Yakumo

Reaction score
hi guys i just tried to flash the padfone ... apparently it says unable to operate the zip file or something ... then it goes reboot .. and now stuck at the asus logo with the spinning thing below ... please advise ...

Reboot into safety mood by holding the volume down button then the power button for like 3 seconds, from there do a factory restart. The next time you flash make sure the power adapter is plugged in as well before flashing the firmware, especially from the Starhub to TW_A68-9.8.8.55 firmware.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.