Aztech DSL7000GRV router from Singtel

ideatalk

Reaction score
Anyone got experience with Singtel issued Aztech DSL7000GRV router? I m issued with the Aztech black router to replace my faulty pace router.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have Eth WAN port for fiber users...

Got pic of the set?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2a5bwic.jpg

Source: http://aztech.listedcompany.com/newsroom/20121025_181055_560_3BC3F65A0FB12F2E48257AA2002F3FF5.3.pdf

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got experience with Singtel issued Aztech DSL7000GRV router? I m issued with the Aztech black router to replace my faulty pace router.
No experience on this router yet. But given it's an Aztech, don't set your expectation too high and do not compare with those top notch routers.

dethangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ideatalk:

Did you lodge a complain before? Usually this model is given to subscribers who complain about the Pace/2Wire to resolve their issues.

ideatalk

Reaction score
Ideatalk:

Did you lodge a complain before? Usually this model is given to subscribers who complain about the Pace/2Wire to resolve their issues.

Had problem with the pace routers then they decided to replace with the older 2wire 5012. When the 2wire died suddenly they replaced with Aztech

kombat75

Reaction score
Just take whatever they given to you..
Worst to worst go to TV Ads or Newspaper Complain and big HA HA HA or complain
to IDA regarding this singtel given Aztech to avoid the issue...

dethangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had problem with the pace routers then they decided to replace with the older 2wire 5012. When the 2wire died suddenly they replaced with Aztech

Usually the case AFAIK - that's why you're offered the Aztech as from what i know, is not commercially rolled out.

I'd advise getting the Asus router for the layman. ( Yes i know there are others out there that always will try to get singtel to change for you the router in the hopes of getting wifi/speed issues resolved - sad fact - the Pace/2Wire is only so "limited" - Free things what do you expect? )

ideatalk

Reaction score
my Aztech still running not sure how long it will last.............
so this Aztech good or no good?
i m thinking of jumping to m1 $39 plan

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone using this can comment? Going to sign up fibre and thinking of getting this instead of the PACE.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Anyone using this can comment? Going to sign up fibre and thinking of getting this instead of the PACE.

i've used both of them. PACE boot up and handshake is very slow. Aztech boot up and handshake is quite fast. but not as fast as my asus. both are single band.

wired is still preferred but if you have no choice then buy your own dual band wireless router. paired with dual band adaptor it will gives you more than 70Mbps download speed on a good wireless connection (no walls/attenuation)

If you need to get your own router not any router will work with Singtel fibre.

ideatalk

Reaction score

if u sign up with singtel, dont think u can choose. just n see if they agree on your choice of router

azrin619

Reaction score
if u sign up with singtel, dont think u can choose. just n see if they agree on your choice of router

Agree..and they might dispose of 5012 to you.. LL and stuck with throttled speeds of 50mbps.. *firmware issues*....

Shy away from Red ...they are baiting you to bleed .....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.