UOB visa signature

trustME_

Master Member
Reaction score
anybody has any idea if this card can be waived off easily ? i dont think this card has any first few years waived right ?

i want this card because of the x2 points .

Suleyman

Reaction score
This card is frankly, poor.

If you really want a UOB card, get UOB PRVI Miles card. 4x points.

If you really want a Visa card, get DBS Altitude Visa. 3x points, 4x points for spend above $2k each month.

taediumv

Reaction score
What about the UOB Visa Platinum? Thinking of switching to the UOB PRVI for the higher points earning power.

trustME_

Master Member
Reaction score
This card is frankly, poor.

If you really want a UOB card, get UOB PRVI Miles card. 4x points.

If you really want a Visa card, get DBS Altitude Visa. 3x points, 4x points for spend above $2k each month.

I spend quite a lot with my credit cards , in terms of points earning , dbs altitude visa is the best ? I compare uob visa signature to my current hsbc card , uob visa signature uses less points for more value vouchers .

Suleyman

Reaction score
I spend quite a lot with my credit cards , in terms of points earning , dbs altitude visa is the best ? I compare uob visa signature to my current hsbc card , uob visa signature uses less points for more value vouchers .

Difficult question to answer since you need a common base to compare.

I use miles, because all of them have a way to convert from points to miles. If there is a particular voucher that you like to redeem, then that's another way to compare.

But, using shopping mall vouchers as an example, UOB needs 1350 UNI$ for a $20 CapitalMall voucher. This is equivalent to $3375 spending on the Visa Signature card. So, $6750 spending to get $40.

For DBS, you need 2600 DBS Points to get a $40 CapitalMall Voucher. This is equivalent to $4333.33 spending on the DBS Altitude Visa (assuming each month you charge less than $2k).

For the sake of argument, if you had used the UOB PRVI Miles card instead, you need to spend $3375 to get the same $40 CapitalMall Voucher.

Not sure which HSBC card you are refering to, but you can work out the sums as well.

operafreak

Reaction score
Even better than prvi miles

javascript:openccpopup('https://uniservices1.uobgroup.com/secure/forms/signaturecard.jsp');
Credit Cards | Enjoy generous lifestyle privileges & rewards with UOB Visa Signature Card

You can now enjoy 5% cash rebate on overseas* and petrol^ spend, up to S$1,200 per year.

*With minimum spend of S$1,000 in foreign currencies per statement period
^With minimum spend of S$1,000 per statement period

10x point for overseas is better than 6.25 for prvi miles!

RtOaNn

Master Member
Reaction score
For overseas spend, you need to spend at least $1k and limited to only $2k expenditure, to earn 4miles per $1. Did I get this right?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For overseas spend, you need to spend at least $1k and limited to only $2k expenditure, to earn 4miles per $1. Did I get this right?

Yes, that's right. min $1k and max $2k for 4 miles per dollar. Good thing is this card also let you redeem the points for cash which work put to 1.25c per mile which is the highest i have seen and beat out citibank rewards for so people who want cash instead of miles, this card is good. I wonder whether the UNI$ for this card will be merge with other UNI$ from other cards as this card allow redemption for cash using UNI$.

Last edited:

Suleyman

Reaction score
At SPC, 15% + $2 off (min $50) + 4 miles/$ is attractive. Problem is meeting the $1k minimum spending (since the card is just about useless for anything else).

May get the card anyway. Those months where I can hit $1k overseas spending, then pump at SPC. :)

Yes, that's right. min $1k and max $2k for 4 miles per dollar. Good thing is this card also let you redeem the points for cash which work put to 1.25c per mile which is the highest i have seen and beat out citibank rewards for so people who want cash instead of miles, this card is good. I wonder whether the UNI$ for this card will be merge with other UNI$ from other cards as this card allow redemption for cash using UNI$.

I'm guessing that it will continue to be merged. To change their IT system to track this card separately probably is more trouble than it's worth.

If you look at the online catalogue, it already has the Visa Signature 2000 UNI$ for $50 credit. Only condition being that it is valid only for Visa Signature members. So, likely the points are still combined and as long as you are a card member, you can do the redemption.

Last edited:

Suleyman

Reaction score
Good idea. If minimum $1k spend but not over $2k, might want to get this card... However, it's prone to DCC being a Visa so maybe good for pre-paid rates with no incidentals. :D

DCC is not the end of the world lah. As long as you know what you are doing, it is easily avoidable. This is of course, with the exception of places like China or India.

Even then, with hotels (esp if you are staying in an international chain like Hilton, or Hyatt), you could always write back and have them fix the charge if you find that DCC has been applied.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DCC is not the end of the world lah. As long as you know what you are doing, it is easily avoidable. This is of course, with the exception of places like China or India.

Even then, with hotels (esp if you are staying in an international chain like Hilton, or Hyatt), you could always write back and have them fix the charge if you find that DCC has been applied.

Yap. Dont think other countries will apply DCC straight. I mentioned hotel also becuz often times, u may pay at the hotel. And in pre-paid cases, the hotel manually charge you instead of via website, unless u r making pre-payments to 3rd party agent sites. Will be good for people who dont use DBS women world mastercard. It sort of gap the UOB preferred Visa card.

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
Is this 10x for overseas currency transactions and petrol new? Anyway, it's just in time for me to pay for my end of year holiday. I just called up and they are waiving my annual fee and sending it to me within the next few days. I had already maxed the DBS Woman's card. This will pay for the accomodation and misc charges arranged through the overseas holiday agency. :s12: (not eligible for 10x under the UOB PP Visa).

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this 10x for overseas currency transactions and petrol new? Anyway, it's just in time for me to pay for my end of year holiday. I just called up and they are waiving my annual fee and sending it to me within the next few days. I had already maxed the DBS Woman's card. This will pay for the accomodation and misc charges arranged through the overseas holiday agency. :s12: (not eligible for 10x under the UOB PP Visa).

2 sep u already max out your dbs women card quota for September? thats fast.

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
2 sep u already max out your dbs women card quota for September? thats fast.

My accomodation bill was around 6K. Had the agency split it into 3 x 2k. But also have other misc items to pay for (eg land transfer, ski passes, ski lessons). And the agent doesn't take Amex.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.