HTC Butterfly: A stunning 5-inch 1080p phone setting hearts fluttering

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah man the 1080p is definitely a winner for now considering its first of its kind with sony and probably samsung releasing theirs in the near future.

just like how htc one x was the first quad core phone before samsung came out with theirs. i am using 64gb micro sd on my s3, wonder if butterfly supports it since the official release states only up to 32gb.

gotta resist the temptation! :s12::s12:
it wun work.
i tested it liao

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah man the 1080p is definitely a winner for now considering its first of its kind with sony and probably samsung releasing theirs in the near future.

just like how htc one x was the first quad core phone before samsung came out with theirs. i am using 64gb micro sd on my s3, wonder if butterfly supports it since the official release states only up to 32gb.

gotta resist the temptation! :s12::s12:

hahaha hard to resist ah bro hahaha
buy play then sell off for m7 or s4 or xperis zzz

sanjeevrana

Reaction score
Here is some battery info ... this is my normal use and if I compare to IP5 I am getting double the time ... (As its subjective, I am comparing my normal use between 2 phones)

I think the Standby use of this phone is phenomenal and that is with all sync on... IP5 keeps dropping juice due to background sync at a regular stage...

2013-01-21_11-16-02.png

2013-01-21_11-16-07.png

2013-01-21_11-16-12.png

2013-01-21_12-57-31.png

AhLam86

Reaction score
Just got a case from a fellow HWZoner. :D

Now need to get the curved SP....

Great phone and the battery life is much better than I thought.

Can sic where u hoot the case?anyway i using nexus 4 sp on my butterfly.closest i can find on the curve screen

colin27

Reaction score
try formatting it?

Huh??? I am in fact using a 64gb micro sd card with the Butterfly... No problem at all. Victor, you won't regret la (screen resolution with proper 1080p material is amazing) until the next better 1080 phone comes. :D

TomCool

Reaction score
Re-post on my dream Butterfly , paisay for the unloadable images previously =:p

IMAG1412_zps2b89bdcc.jpg

IMAG1415_zpsafc8cd21.jpg

Originally having this black casing as spare... can let go if any bro wants , PM me. It comes with a screen protector , though not cover full due to curve screen.

IMAG1421.jpg

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya where can get SP for butterfly ?

ya I also poisoned by the 1080 display
maybe will get it it by March my jp trip if xperia z or HTC m7 not out. yet
s4 samsung doubt will comes so fast maybe 2q. 2013 then can see it

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh??? I am in fact using a 64gb micro sd card with the Butterfly... No problem at all. Victor, you won't regret la (screen resolution with proper 1080p material is amazing) until the next better 1080 phone comes. :D

hahaha vic bro then u can get acceesssories too on your mo for butterfly hahaha
but too bad it camera still same as one X

hkwaycc

Reaction score
Ya, sg 3G from 3 telco are sub-standard. Malaysia 3G surprisingly work best, load fast run fast reception well cover. We are first world country lose to developing country in infrastructure ah?

May I know which Malaysia telco?

Starhub 3G is really useless, Singtel is still better.

V

victorlht88

Here is some battery info ... this is my normal use and if I compare to IP5 I am getting double the time ... (As its subjective, I am comparing my normal use between 2 phones)

I think the Standby use of this phone is phenomenal and that is with all sync on... IP5 keeps dropping juice due to background sync at a regular stage...

2013-01-21_11-16-02.png

2013-01-21_11-16-07.png

2013-01-21_11-16-12.png

2013-01-21_12-57-31.png

why would you even want to compare it with an iphone 5.

to be fair, your phone is barely awake and it is on standby most of the time man, why did you even get a phone for in the first place?

memories31

Reaction score
To be fair to what? Hes saying the standby battery use is good. And you are saying his phone is on standby most of the time? Thats's precisely his point. That the phone does not use a lot of battery when in standby. Are you really questioning how he uses his phone? lol.

V

victorlht88

To be fair to what? Hes saying the standby battery use is good. And you are saying his phone is on standby most of the time? Thats's precisely his point. That the phone does not use a lot of battery when in standby. Are you really questioning how he uses his phone? lol.

I don't think any android phones will consume heavy battery on standby unless there is a rogue app installed.

We should be more concerned about the amount of screen time that the phone can put thru on a daily basis just like how note 2 can clock 5hours plus screen time or one X can clock maybe 2-3 hours so this is just an example and I am not trying to strike a comparison.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.