AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi gigigi, thank you for your support! Do let me know if you have any questions or inquiries. will be happy to help :)

Somangel

Reaction score
Highly recommended!

I have nothing but praises for Aftershock through my entire buying experience with them. Understand in reading the forums, that there are many existing testimonials to both their service and products,I will present my own recommendations through a summary of them and include any personal accounts where applicable.

1) Great Service (not just good.. but GREAT!)
Aftershock is a local brand that stands upon its awesome service.
From pre-sales (prompt replies to online enquiries, great advice to the needs of the customer at times even at the expense of higher profits), to post- sales (any gaming issues or hardware encounters, they would be there to assist. Just call them and bring your laptop down.), their service is way beyond those that I have seen even from the biggest brands and is a quality I reckon that any Singaporean can finally be proud of.

My personal encounter is nothing short of the above. Had a great chat with Marcus, Joe and Zen through the selection, built and collection process for my X15. I even had after-sales experience first hand (not to say their built quality is bad, just that some inevitable issues do happen. Most imptly is the way they had managed the aftersales service) when I encountered some built and software issues after collection. And I must say, they are over the top!

After bringing in my X15 for some lighting issues on the keyboard, they had promised to look into it immediately and constantly apologising over it (Zen had also promptly called me at New Year's Eve just 5min after I dropped them an email on it on the same day!). They were also willing to change the entire keyboard at no additional cost! Most customers can testify that in purchasing products, the grievances and angst are usually not over the fault of the product but the after-sales experience they had. Aftershock have provide such an amazing experience that had earned themselves many faithful customers.

2) Good product built
I must admit that I have my doubts initially towards a custom gaming rig that has almost "no known brand name" especially when I have been eyeing Alienware for the longest of time. However, this changed when I went to the shop/showroom to witness myself the products available there. The quality is nothing short of those you can imagine getting from big brands. And seeing the commitment of the aftershock team in building the rig gives you assurances that quality control is top notch. I would strongly recommend anyone who have doubts on the built to go to the shop/showroom for a look. It may or may not convince you, but I must point out that pictures do not do the rigs justice. Visiting the shop is also a pleasant experience for me, as I encountered no pressure nor obligation forced upon me by the Aftershock team.

For those who like aesthetics, the current shell may be "plain" at sight. But Aftershock has already established some alternative shells for the X11 and is looking into these alternative shells already for the X15. Thus it is only a matter of time when the designs will be updated. Having said that, it does not mean that the current shell is weak aesthetically. I actually like the simplicity of it as it does not attract too much attention. Loving the rubberized feel as well. Cant really imagine if I am to make a presentation to my clients with an Alienware if I am ever force to give a presentation on my gaming laptop.

3) Amazing product gaming capabilities @ affordable prices
Even though I gotten myself a X15 which is truly a gaming beast (all my games are running finally in the highest settings!!), I was blown away actually when I saw their X11. For an 11" laptop to run pretty recent games requiring pretty high requirements is truly amazing.
Just go to the shop/showroom to have a look.. When I saw several gamers playing at the LAN shop area, I was imagining big desktop rigs for the gaming machines.. Boy was I pleasantly surprise when I found all of them were X11s hooked up to external monitors! And the gameplay was smooth like crisp.. With the X11 being that powerful, the bigger rigs will truly be even more powerful (of course variation comes also with the items chosen for the customization). For such gaming prowess, the pricing is certainly much more affordable than big brands. I can guarantee that with the same built they are offering, bigger brands are commanding 10-20% more on the price.

4) Refreshable parts
Prior to setting into my order for the X15, I had contacted Marcus a few times in HWZ asking about possibility of upgrading parts in the future. I was thinking mostly of the graphics card given that they are quickly overtaken by higher gaming demands. Marcus gave assurances that these parts are certainly upgradable and if it permits, even the entire motherboard and screen can be swapped. Thus I did not just gotten myself a customized gaming laptop, but one that offers renewability over the long run at affordable prices. I am certainly looking forward to swap a display that is touch screen to enhance my experience with windows 8 (hope to hear more of it soon Marcus!)

Disclaimer: I would just like to say that I am completely not affiliated to Aftershock nor do I gain any benefits from them for providing recommendations. Like most forumers, I gotten to know them largely from praises and recommendations in the forum as well as their facebook page.
The actual game changer that made me settled with Aftershock is my personal experience I had throughout the entire pre-sales to post-sales process. On this note, I would also like to express my personal thanks to Marcus, Joe and Zen for such a pleasant experience (oh thanks for the mouse too! My gf is loving it!). You guys are certainly amazing. Kudos to all of you! You have certainly gained another satisfied and faithful customer!

Last edited:

austy

Reaction score
Hi there,

By the look of the positive feedbacks given I do feel that AfterShock indeed a good place to have your customizied laptop build. But I do have concerns of its history, given that it only been setup just nine months. What can we see it's future in the coming years? At SLS we seen a lot of dealers in and out from there. Did ppl who reviewed it notice this? I do not wanna get a 5K Titan upgraded to 3 years warranty and only to find out that this company is no longer around in the next 2 years (touchwood). And now we are talking about laptops, not desktops. That would really give me a "After Shock".

I am not trying to give negative review on them, but I do have my concerns. Maybe AfterShock could give us a forecast of their future plans or something like that.

Thanks

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

By the look of the positive feedbacks given I do feel that AfterShock indeed a good place to have your customizied laptop build. But I do have concerns of its history, given that it only been setup just nine months. What can we see it's future in the coming years?
If more satisfied customers pass the name cards around, there shouldn't be a problem.

At SLS we seen a lot of dealers in and out from there. Did ppl who reviewed it notice this?
SLS rental is daylight robbery (that's why level 1 shops rob you in return).

I do not wanna get a 5K Titan upgraded to 3 years warranty and only to find out that this company is no longer around in the next 2 years (touchwood).
Valid concern, of course.

Maybe AfterShock could give us a forecast of their future plans or something like that.
Might not want to divulge too much info for nearest competitors to capitalise upon.

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Might not want to divulge too much info for nearest competitors to capitalise upon.

Yeah, some competitors might use the info to counter their strategy. This is a no-no for any businesses.

@austy: Your concerns are definitely valid

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Any chance Aftershock notebooks will have option to configure the network adapter with "Killer DoubleShot networking (Killer Wireless-N 1202 paired with Killer E2200)" like the one on MSI model?

Also .. any chance of Aftershock to start with DIY gaming PCs?

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi GuanGuan,

Our promotions have just ended, but depending on if we have stock of the freebies from the xmas promotion, we can still extend it to you :) Just drop us a PM.

Hi CCT75,

We do carry the killer bigfoot 1202 WIFI card. As for your second question, we do not do this at the moment.

Hope this clarifies

renderbender

Reaction score
After Sales from AftershockPC

Hi All,

Seriously considering getting an X17 after reading the good reviews. Wondering though about the after-sales service. I may want to go back to the Philippines within warranty period. Any support there?

I was planning to get an i7-3840qm & ask to overclock it (OC-ing can?) but then i worry if I have some issue later. Thought about getting an XM card instead. Any suggestions?

Thks

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi CCT75,

We do carry the killer bigfoot 1202 WIFI card. As for your second question, we do not do this at the moment.

Hmm .. so only the WIFI can be Killer brand but not the NIC? I do not see the option to configure the Killer Bigfoot 1202 WIFI card. How much additional would it cost?

I do hope Aftershock can venture into DIY Gaming PCs. I remember Marcus said he is taking that into consideration but might take times though.

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Launching our CNY specials!

66453_255112667953205_832051836_n.jpg

Please note that for the X11, a Carrying case specially catered for it's size will be provided instead :)

Jaffari1985

Reaction score
Hello Aftershock PC! i just got to know this singapore gaming notebook brand. I'm interested to know: 1. where Aftershock lnotebooks are made? 2. do you have a shop? want to see what the products look like. 3. is the price negotiable? i'm looking to buy a $3000 to $3500 gaming notebook

Last edited:

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm .. so only the WIFI can be Killer brand but not the NIC? I do not see the option to configure the Killer Bigfoot 1202 WIFI card. How much additional would it cost?

I do hope Aftershock can venture into DIY Gaming PCs. I remember Marcus said he is taking that into consideration but might take times though.

Hmmm .. Aftershock? So where can I find the config to change to the Killer Bigfoot 1202 WIFI card? What would be the additional cost like?

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey cct75. The Bigfootkiller wifi 1202 should be under the wifi/bt options of every notebook on our config page. It is 70 dollars over the default card.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey cct75. The Bigfootkiller wifi 1202 should be under the wifi/bt options of every notebook on our config page. It is 70 dollars over the default card.

Thanks. It was not there previously that's why I asked. See it now :)

Jaffari1985

Reaction score
Hi Jaffari1985,

Have sent you a PM with the answers to your questions :)

thx Marcus for answering.
1. Quality is main concern for me so i want my 3000 bucks worth, is it made and assembled in China? 2. what material used in Aftershock notebook? anordized aluminum? 3. will try to drop by your sho[p at serangoon when im free thx for info 4. what top notch system recommended for 3k budget? 5. do you have ips screen?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.