Code:
Tracing route to ipv4_1.lagg0.c056.ord001.ix.nflxvideo.net [108.175.38.91]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  MTK_CORE [10.0.0.1]
  2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  MTK_GW1_VQ [10.1.0.1]
  3     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  202.83.106.1
  4     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  202.73.37.254
  5     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  gige-g2-2.core1.sin1.he.net [27.50.33.93]
  6    36 ms    42 ms    36 ms  10gigabitethernet1-3.core1.hkg1.he.net [184.105.222.109]
  7   852 ms   853 ms   848 ms  10gigabitethernet9-3.core1.lax1.he.net [184.105.222.101]
  8   802 ms   823 ms   824 ms  10gigabitethernet1-3.core1.lax2.he.net [72.52.92.122]
  9   841 ms   772 ms   825 ms  10gigabitethernet1-2.core1.den1.he.net [72.52.92.37]
 10   834 ms   842 ms   810 ms  10gigabitethernet7-1.core1.chi1.he.net [184.105.213.85]
 11   636 ms   628 ms   606 ms  184.105.251.26
 12   724 ms   699 ms   713 ms  ipv4_1.lagg0.c056.ord001.ix.nflxvideo.net [108.175.38.91]

Trace complete.

Looks like HE route is getting choke every evening. Any chance of solving this problem once and for all?

lifeisaplay

Reaction score
Looks like HE route is getting choke every evening. Any chance of solving this problem once and for all?

Guess viewqwest need to get more bandwidth from it's transit IP partners. If not more and more subscribers is going to make Viewqwest loss it's reputation as the fastest.

lifeisaplay

Reaction score
compare to the user in china, the difference is no advertising. the menu is same

compare to user in SG, no advertising, more movies and shows

so far, that is the different i found. the speed i dont see much difference. even on normal internet, it is fast enough.

Using freedom vpn still have advertisement.

lifeisaplay

Reaction score
compare to the user in china, the difference is no advertising. the menu is same

compare to user in SG, no advertising, more movies and shows

so far, that is the different i found. the speed i dont see much difference. even on normal internet, it is fast enough.

We are also comparing isp in singapore with Viewqwest connection to PPTV. Guess speed is similar like you mention..

kangks

Reaction score
OneVoice number porting

Referring to the comment in forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/67616534-post3.html about number porting - I called up today but no number porting is available.

Is there any confusion here?

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Referring to the comment in forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/67616534-post3.html about number porting - I called up today but no number porting is available.

Is there any confusion here?

till now still no number porting, it was suppose to support but none of the telco willing to allow number porting to VQ.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do not worry, Viewqwest has already confirmed(I asked) that they will only forward to subscribers any warning emails received from any copyright owners in USA. They will NOT release any customer details without a court order from a court of law based in Singapore. Any requests for info will be ignored without the above mentioned document

1) Even if agents i.e Paramount present a court order from US, it holds no jurisdiction in Singapore and will be ignored by VQ and other ISPs.
2) As per IIPA report, IPRB dept of SPF has notified all copyright holders in 2007 that the Singapore Government will not act on any copyright infringement involving personal usage with immediate effect.
3) All ISPs here do not bother replying to copyright infringement notices/complaints by copyright holders, leading to dead ends for them to the benefit of the subscribers.
4) Most if not all US companies wont bother flying all the way here just to sue one person.

So once again, there is really no cause for alarm unless you are involved in a piracy group that distribute pirated software(that the IRPB does crackdown against). There is almost nothing the Americans can do to us here :o

no wonder you so openly promote TPB:s13:

jokes aside.

what if the US companies like universal, paramount, etc produce a USA court order to the Singapore court demanding the release of details. will the SG court act on it?

basically your point 1 with the sg part added.

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure if is coincidence or just happen LAX traffic having issue or the recent mention of using unotelly/unblock-us, i keep having netflix having problem watching on HD using normal internet connection (not freedom vpn) using dns method, takes much longer buffer for HD since yesterday, some traffic goes via HE some via tsystem

antiochguy

Reaction score
Do not worry, Viewqwest has already confirmed(I asked) that they will only forward to subscribers any warning emails received from any copyright owners in USA. They will NOT release any customer details without a court order from a court of law based in Singapore. Any requests for info will be ignored without the above mentioned document

So once again, there is really no cause for alarm unless you are involved in a piracy group that distribute pirated software(that the IRPB does crackdown against). There is almost nothing the Americans can do to us here :o

Thanks for the great insight and responses from everyone. I guess it is a bit unsettling to receive some notice from some authorities.

I read some interesting articles on this matter called the six strike program. More info:

1. How The 'Six Strike' Program Works; Time Warner, Comcast, AT&T, Other ISPs Working Together To Combat Online Piracy

2. http://www.ibtimes.com/how-six-stri...att-other-isps-working-together-combat-online

3. http://www.chillingeffects.org/piracy/notice.cgi?NoticeID=776

Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no wonder you so openly promote TPB:s13:

jokes aside.

what if the US companies like universal, paramount, etc produce a USA court order to the Singapore court demanding the release of details. will the SG court act on it?

basically your point 1 with the sg part added.

I believe the local courts do not recognize the US court orders at all. If they were to file a lawsuit in Singapore, they have to start from scratch to convince the local judge.

This is just my opinion, you should get legal advice from lawyers if you really want to know :s22:

PS: To ViewQwest, I really hope you take our(subscribers') information privacy very seriously. In fact I'll appreciate if VQ is willing to fight all the way to the Court of Appeal with a QC :D

Last edited:

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe the local courts do not recognize the US court orders at all. If they were to file a lawsuit in Singapore, they have to start from scratch to convince the local judge.

This is just my opinion, you should get legal advice from lawyers if you really want to know :s22:

PS: To ViewQwest, I really hope you take our(subscribers') information privacy very seriously. In fact I'll appreciate if VQ is willing to fight all the way to the Court of Appeal with a QC :D

yeah.. i dont want a repeat of the ODEX saga:s22:

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
hey VQ... just some feedback for u.

came home with a new router, a RT-N66U to upgade over my 56U. Realized I had to get VQ to change the MAC address binding from my old router because the Zhone is in bridged mode.

Your guy Earl, was extremely helpful, we troubleshooted together from 9pm to 1:30am. Apparently, your server side was issuing duplicate MAC addresses and causing conflicts for some reason.

Just one feedback for your CS, this happens a lot with the big 3, so i hope it doesn't with you guys, he kept promising to call back within 5, or 10 mins, and each time it took 45-50 mins.. I think managing customer's expectations 101 means u promise them maybe 1 hour, and call back in 45 mins. that would be a lot better in terms of delivering and doesn't cost you guys anything extra.

it also means i could have done a lot of other things in the multiple instances i was waiting for him to call back 5-10 mins time.

still, to get something like that resolved within 3-4 hours is unheard of from any other telco, kudos to VQ, and to Earl from your CS for his perseverance.

Thanks again

crewcutboy

Reaction score
when i upgraded my router i used the router's MAC address cloning feature so that i didn't have to go through VQ's tech support in order to get it working.

philask

Reaction score
when i upgraded my router i used the router's MAC address cloning feature so that i didn't have to go through VQ's tech support in order to get it working.

I did the same when my new router arrived but noc@ are pretty responsive, I emailed them the day after and they did the switch almost immediately.

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2477988457.png

been doing speed test daily but i never hit 300 ... don know why leh.

set up is bridge mode using n66u router...connected with cate5e 20m cable

all my home devices are using dhcp reserve so they will have a fix address for me to do remoting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.