Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

ninja_tuner

Reaction score
check your PM, send u my PDI contact.

Yes.. It is better to book by PDI in case your PDI does not have slot for your TP as you need to use his car mah!
for my case, I just dumped my PDI after failing TP twice as his girl always messed up my lessons(either postponed last mins or cancelled the night before my confirmed lessons). Furthermore, my PDI did not teach me much unlike his instructor Mr Tan(he is very good) under his wing. Mr Lim will suddenly tell you today go circuit...luckily I got extra cash with me & easy-going with that. But ended up no circuit near TP test too ..reason is he cannot book any slots! For the very last week before my 2nd TP, his girl messed everything up. Imagine going for driving lesson at 7am & having circuit at 10pm!!!! Then warm up lesson at 9am & test at 11am... Stressful man!

So if you are under a good PDI, let him booked the test for you. Just be sure to double confirmed with him in case their busy schedules miss out yours. Since good ones are often snatched up, it is better to confirm always again.

Noone here can recommends a Auto PDI for BBDC ? Sigh...

And as I check online for the next date available for my 3rd TP, I realised there is one good slot so I try booking myself. I removed my ex-PDI ID & booked. So if I still cannot get one, I will have to cancel it.

ninja_tuner

Reaction score
Woah....after reading all your horror stories, looks like its really hard to find a good PDI.
think i'm lucky to a certain extend.

Mine actually work in partnership with another instructor.
Initial lessons are by his partner, lets call him Mr. T

Mr. T, allowed me to drive almost straight away on my first lesson (I did not have any prior experience, totally new to driving), he showed me the basics then let me drive around in a carpark, before asking me to drive outside to the roads...the first lesson was pretty good, he also teach me 3-point turn and basic parking.

After that basically 75% of all the lessons i'm doing parking...parallel and vertical, did not have much driving outside and changing lane (which i'm very weak at), it became very routine.
Most of the time Mr. T, would fall asleep once we reach the carpark and I started doing my parking.........it was quite boring.........but I also became quite good at parking......so not sure if I should be complaining.......

Towards my test, the main PDI, lets call him Mr. O, took over from Mr. T
Boy! it was a world of difference, Mr. O is damn good and he does not take pee breaks (at least not during my lessons anyway, Mr. T pee break quite standard 10-15mins every lesson)

Mr. O is very professional, he explains things very clearly, draws charts and stuff (Mr.T not very good at explain things...)
And I can feel he genuinely wants me to understand and pass my test, because he is very busy sometimes my lesson with him can be late like 10pm to 11pm or 11.30pm but he doesn't mind......

If he had started teaching me earlier I probably wont need to take so many lessons from Mr. T and would have saved some $$$

He teaches Auto, BBDC.

coutuser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi ruffy u are signing up and paying enrolment fee just to take tp test. Am I right to say that?

ruffy65

Reaction score
Hi ruffy u are signing up and paying enrolment fee just to take tp test. Am I right to say that?
Of course, I have to signed up as BBDC member before I can do anything. If that is what you meant..

Just few bucks to joined BBDC , can't remember how much but you can check online. Definitely less than $20-$30 . Afterwhich I got to top up the account given where i shall book the BTT,FTT & TP lor.

Usually, TP booked by PDI... But as I mentioned I just dumped my PDI & wanna get an earlier date....That's why I booked it myself this round.

SMITTEN07

Reaction score
Just Pass yesterday PDI BBDC
Class 3
Mr Phang
Hp 94789236/82869031
CCK Area
Registration 50
Rate 28/30

Throughout my learning experience, he did not take any toilet break or charge unreasonably.
Sometimes he might be late for 10min, but he will add in the time he wasted.
And 1st lesson he won't be teaching you driving, but give you orientation.

During lesson, he might receive some call from student, and he will answer their question and hang up asap.

Your PDI Good sia!
Not like Tay Tiang Chong, charge so much.. Student learn so little.. Sleep in the car, talking on the phone non stop. Go for toilet breaks each lesson.. Take student time to buy food.. Prolong lesson so he can earn more $$$ from students. He late for lessons he never pay back.. We late we never ask him to extend..

Guys beware of this David Tay Tiang Chong. Toyota vios.
Its for your own good.

hiro7991

Reaction score
Yes i had the same problem with Mr Lim also. Keep on asking him for circuit he say only slot available is at 10pm when i did let him know a few weeks before that my tp test is coming. How can be no slot a few weeks in advance? The reason is i think all his instructors can't enter BBDC circuit as they are not BBDC instructor members. I know 2 of them are only allowed to teach on the road but not BBDC circuit. Also he keep on assigning different instuctors and cars for us to practise. Keep on asking us to book lesson on the road but no circuit and like to cut short lessons abruptly from 2 hours to 1.5 hours (happen multiple times).

royeight

Reaction score
Hi bros, normally how long does it takes to get a class 3 license if we take private instructors?

Psidi-

Reaction score
Just Pass yesterday PDI BBDC
Class 3
Mr Phang
Hp 94789236/82869031
CCK Area
Registration 50
Rate 28/30

Throughout my learning experience, he did not take any toilet break or charge unreasonably.
Sometimes he might be late for 10min, but he will add in the time he wasted.
And 1st lesson he won't be teaching you driving, but give you orientation.

During lesson, he might receive some call from student, and he will answer their question and hang up asap.

Hi i just called him, and he say need to bring $200 on the first lesson? I thought registration fee is only 50? am i missing something? help me thank you!

saltyman

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi i just called him, and he say need to bring $200 on the first lesson? I thought registration fee is only 50? am i missing something? help me thank you!

First lesson is $50[Registration] + $42[Non-peak] = $92

First lesson he will ask you bring $200 is like a balance for your "account"

meaning, you top-up ur account $200, and when you attend your lesson,
he subsequently delete your lesson fee from the balance.

Meaning after 1st lesson and your top-up.
$200-92=$108

you still can book probably 3 lesson.

Although the amount of balance does not determine the amount of lesson you
can book in advance, but it is better to keep a certain amount in the "account".

His car is a nissan sunny.

Last edited:

Psidi-

Reaction score
haha ok i look forward to having lessons with him. How is first lesson like? will i get a taste of the steering wheel?:D

saltyman

Master Member
Reaction score
haha ok i look forward to having lessons with him. How is first lesson like? will i get a taste of the steering wheel?:D

1st lesson i don't think you will be even sitting in the driving seat :s13:
Just bloody orientation, he might ask you if you have any prior driving experience.

do remember to bring ur PDL and I.C

zyxy94

Reaction score
anyone happened to be under this two PDI in woodlands, POH CHUAN LEONG and ONG CHEE CHYE ?

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st lesson i don't think you will be even sitting in the driving seat :s13:
Just bloody orientation, he might ask you if you have any prior driving experience.

do remember to bring ur PDL and I.C

1st lesson i make rounds in the circuit already plus learn how to shift to 2nd gear :s13:
drive until jin song i go home faster book tomorrow to have 1 more lesson

Zhuang

Reaction score
PDI intro

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good PDI to intro? I live in the north-east area.

Regards
Zhuang

royeight

Reaction score
Normally how much do you guys spent in total to get class 3 license when taking private instructors? Also how much when taking at school?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normally how much do you guys spent in total to get class 3 license when taking private instructors? Also how much when taking at school?

Average should be 1k+ to 2k
School most of the time will exceed 2k

But overall depends on ur learning speed

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.