Citibank's New Prestige Card

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
So have anyone going to apply for the card and had already applied?

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
So have anyone going to apply for the card and had already applied?

Will apply for this card if they agree to waive the annual fee. Will forgo the welcome points. It's better than my premier miles so don't mind switching. I more than 5 years citi customer too. So qualify for 10 percent bonus. But, if no waiver of fee, I am not interested.

the_ed

Reaction score
Was browsing the fine print and saw this... not very good.

4.4 The cardmember will be charged a S$25 administrative fee ... Each redemption request must be in multiples of 2 miles, subject to a minimum of 500 miles and a maximum of 100,000 miles per transfer per day.

lingua101

Reaction score
No free taxi and no free fast track.

HSBC Visa Infinite have those free IF you charge $5k to the card per quarter. However, you are earning 1 mile/$, instead of 1.4 (or more) miles/$. So at 5k a quarter, you lugi 2k miles a quarter.

On the other hand, if you can consistently charge $75k a year to HSBC VI, you are earning 1.5 miles/$, so earning more miles. Unless you are a long time Citibank customer or Citigold customer and earning the 15% bonus, which makes the effective earning rate as 1.61 miles/$.

So, difficult to say which is strictly better, between the two cards. It depends on the cardholder.

That 2k I think is enough to offset free taxi to airport and fast track facility lor.

So paying $535 just for buying miles?

Aleksandr

Master Member
Reaction score
Will apply for this card if they agree to waive the annual fee. Will forgo the welcome points. It's better than my premier miles so don't mind switching. I more than 5 years citi customer too. So qualify for 10 percent bonus. But, if no waiver of fee, I am not interested.

How to indicate interest but specify that you do not want to pay the fee?

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Was so funny, I visited the branch at AMK Bus Interchange last night to enquire and they said that they don't have such a card. Called this morning to their hotline to check if I can apply at their branch, the CSO did not even know that they launched this new card. After I explained, then they offered to take my details for someone to contact me, which I declined.

Suleyman

Reaction score
That 2k I think is enough to offset free taxi to airport and fast track facility lor.

So paying $535 just for buying miles?

Of course...

I refuse to pay credit card fees unless I get something like bucket loads of miles in return. So many cards in the market right now, make me pay for nothing in return, I take my business elsewhere.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
How to indicate interest but specify that you do not want to pay the fee?

I think you can only apply online by leaving your contact numbers for them to call you. Probably, you can let the telesales folk know that you want to apply without having the fee, to see if they allow that.

Suleyman

Reaction score
Was so funny, I visited the branch at AMK Bus Interchange last night to enquire and they said that they don't have such a card. Called this morning to their hotline to check if I can apply at their branch, the CSO did not even know that they launched this new card. After I explained, then they offered to take my details for someone to contact me, which I declined.

Something interesting I learnt about Citibank.

Their credit card ops is very seperate from their banking ops. So, the people at the branches have little to no idea on the latest credit card launches and promos. The one you need to approach is the ones with credit card ops (I think at the main branch, and also the little counter at Vivocity, on the first floor near the MRT station).

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score

Their credit card ops is very seperate from their banking ops. So, the people at the branches have little to no idea on the latest credit card launches and promos. The one you need to approach is the ones with credit card ops (I think at the main branch, and also the little counter at Vivocity, on the first floor near the MRT station).

The one I visited was the one which offered Instant Card Issuance Facilities and the small counter is primarily to solicit card and ready credit facilities. That's why I am surprised that they are not aware.

shimmermike

Reaction score

Got email from citibank, vivo branch on first floor will be closed soon...

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who are keen and in town area, you can pick up the form and submit on the spot at the Paragon citibank outlet.

Suleyman

Reaction score
The one I visited was the one which offered Instant Card Issuance Facilities and the small counter is primarily to solicit card and ready credit facilities. That's why I am surprised that they are not aware.

Then that's pretty pathetic.

Anyway, I left my details on the online web page last night and got a call today. They then sent me the form via email and just need to email them back with some supporting documents.

Few points that I clarified with her:
- $120k requirement is strict. Don't meet, they won't even mail you the form
- Relationship bonus is based on continuous relationship with Citibank. Any relationship will do (inc credit card)
- Annual fee is non-waivable, including for the first year

The person who called me was from their Citigold customer acquisition unit, so maybe the Prestige card is meant to have some differentiation with the 'normal' cards, so not marketed by the normal channels for now. Maybe that's why the branch may not be aware of the card. I recall when HSBC launched their VI, it was the same.

Last edited:

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
I talked to a citibank rep and asked for the card with fee waiver and forgo the welcome points. Was told this is not possible. But, if I willing to pay, they would send me the form to apply. I don't meet the 120k requirement but I do have a long relationship with citi. Anyway, I ain't paying $535. So this is no go for me. Next best is anz travel card or stick with premier miles.

And, yes they knew who they were talking to cuz I gave them my ic number.

To peeps who want this card, can actually wait. When premier miles first came out, it was $80k income requirement. Now drop already. Similar thing may happen to Citi prestige card. Singapore cc industry is very competitive.

Last edited:

the_ed

Reaction score
In my conversation with the Citibank representatives, I would add that if you do have (or qualify for) a Citigold relationship, they can be very flexible with the income requirement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.