What you should know about applying for IPO shares listed in SGX

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
can we cancel the ESA applied thru ibanking?

You can only void but not cancel n then re apply

Void a public placement is by putting in another bid using same bank

iceddd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can only void but not cancel n then re apply

Void a public placement is by putting in another bid using same bank

so that means if I make another bid, only my latest bid will b taken into account ? first bid void? will the bank refund me the money for the first bid? or have to wait after the stock get listed?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so that means if I make another bid, only my latest bid will b taken into account ? first bid void? will the bank refund me the money for the first bid? or have to wait after the stock get listed?

Nope, you will void both.

Both bids will be unsuccessful and will be refunded once result is out

iceddd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah sian i got this msg leh "Transaction is rejected as you have already submitted an application for this issue."

so cant cancel my ESA? :(

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wah sian i got this msg leh "Transaction is rejected as you have already submitted an application for this issue."

so cant cancel my ESA? :(

Try to use another bank to bid

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hey... after i get allocated one lot, i dun see anything in my poems.. how to check ah?

It's inside Cdp, poems portfolio will only show the stocks u buy or sell through them

tiny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IPO is strictly cash? Can use cpf (after the minimum sum set aside)?

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
newbie here:

when i go under ESA, i see this msg "There are currently no security issues via Internet Banking"

Is this normal?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
newbie here:

when i go under ESA, i see this msg "There are currently no security issues via Internet Banking"

Is this normal?

It's normal. You pressing one of the iPos on offer? Means its not ready for public placement still.

Must wait for it to start then will have one

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
List of Services
> Apply for ESA
> ESA Withdrawal
> ESA Results Enquiry

I click "APPLY FOR ESA" and got the msg, hope all is in order.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sinkie, if cpfis allowed... is it under the same menu as the cash ESA?

there u go..

Q: How do I use my CPF to apply for shares, property funds or bonds offered during an IPO under CPFIS-OA? Must I transfer my CPF from my Ordinary Account to my CPF Investment Account?

You need not transfer your CPF for the IPO. You may apply for the IPO in any of the available ways.
a. Use your agent bank's ATMs for your application. The amount of CPF needed will be transferred automatically from your Ordinary Account to your CPF Investment Account;
b. Use your agent bank's internet banking for your application. The amount of CPF needed will be transferred automatically from your Ordinary Account to your CPF Investment Account; or
c. Obtain a CPF cashier's order from your agent bank's counter and attach it to your IPO application form. The amount of CPF will likewise be transferred automatically.

freeforall79

Reaction score
if let's say i m allocated some shares in the ipo, can i sell it straight away on their first trading day? thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.