Dashboard non slip pad melted on dash panel

luriahs

Reaction score
Any1 got this exp b4? i got 1 rectangular piece of non slip silicone pad i place on center of dash. quite been months, recently removed n realized it has 'fused' melted onto my car dash center panel mayb due to heat!! now got 1 big patch on the panel cannot remove!! how??

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do not think can do much but to place a new piece to cover over it.

That is why I never put these non-slip pad as it leave a stain, worst melted and stick on the dash-board!
_,_

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
it would turn very sticky and left a mark. so therefore i avoid rubber stuffs to put on the dashboard.

kwon33

Reaction score
U used the wrong type of anti slip mat.. Her a proper one that can stand heat... Those cheapie kind cannot stand heat if u park under the sun...

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
Any1 got this exp b4? i got 1 rectangular piece of non slip silicone pad i place on center of dash. quite been months, recently removed n realized it has 'fused' melted onto my car dash center panel mayb due to heat!! now got 1 big patch on the panel cannot remove!! how??

Change new dashboard. :o

luriahs

Reaction score
i think no choice.. i think i will be taking off the panel and try to sand paper it flat again and diy spray painting.. or try plastidip or carbon fiber wrap..

RuOnline

Reaction score
i think no choice.. i think i will be taking off the panel and try to sand paper it flat again and diy spray painting.. or try plastidip or carbon fiber wrap..

There is a solution bro. Stick back the mat. Than u wont be so heart pain :)

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many years back I'd had my desktop PC's monitor resting on a non-slip pad on my computer table. During spring-cleaning, I found the "netted' texture on the table in the shape of the monitor's base.

It's not so much melted, more of burned-in, I'm not sure if it's a chemical reaction actually but does look like it. The pad itself does not look like it's damaged in any way.

I've never ever placed a non-slip pad on my dashboard because of this. My current car had a few small pieces on the dashboard when I first viewed it (before I bought it) ... first thing I did was take them all off and check for any burn-in on the dashboard.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
luriahs; said:
try to sand paper it flat again and diy spray painting..

if I am you, seriously I will not do that.
Think it will get worse than a patch there ba.

If not listen to the Mighty Dragon to change dash-board.
Worthy or not it up to how deep your pocket is horz..

Right Mr Dragon? ^,^

Capitalist

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Got pic of the damage?

And you do not clean your ride?

Even if clean once every two month, also will remove all removables (cushions, floormats, etc) ... and give the dashboard, seats, etc, .. a good wipe down, no?

Snokey

Master Member
Reaction score
will the magic sponge (melamine) sold in Daiso work? worth a try

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will the magic sponge (melamine) sold in Daiso work? worth a try
The mark is burned-in to the dashboard. The non-slip pad itself (usually) has no physical damage, and does not break apart or melt on top of the dashboard. So the sponge will be useless here.

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score

Right Mr Dragon? ^,^

Otherwise just cover it up with another pad or can also wrap the whole dashboard with leather/alcantara/sticker. :D

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Otherwise just cover it up with another pad or can also wrap the whole dashboard with leather/alcantara/sticker. :D
Or 1 of those those (fake) leather dash mats with diamond-shaped stitching that cover the entire top of the dash. Avoid glossy leather though, it'd reflect on the windscreen.

luriahs

Reaction score

the dash panel is a separate one in the middle. n my pocket koyak alrdy, nt gonna do change..

Got pic of the damage?
And you do not clean your ride?
IMAG0441_zpsc1ce636b.jpg

quite tru.. lately do once 2 to 3 wks, n always do vacuum n quick wipes but nvr remove everything properly..

i oso thinking mayb doing tat..

Last edited:

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMAG0441_zpsc1ce636b.jpg

quite tru.. lately do once 2 to 3 wks, n always do vacuum n quick wipes but nvr remove everything properly..
Your image is gone, but I caught it when it was still up.

Looks like the non-slip damage to your dash is only limited to that centre piece where your centre aircon vents are. If I'm not mistaken, this piece is separate from the main bulk of the dash (on most cars that piece needs to be removed in order to change a CD/DVD HU), and you might be able to just buy it from a stockist. I'd think a brand new replacement might cost less than some other options like like cubic/CF printing.

You should be thankful you did not place your non-slip slightly further back or to the side, on the main dash panel.

luriahs

Reaction score
Your image is gone, but I caught it when it was still up.

Looks like the non-slip damage to your dash is only limited to that centre piece where your centre aircon vents are. If I'm not mistaken, this piece is separate from the main bulk of the dash (on most cars that piece needs to be removed in order to change a CD/DVD HU), and you might be able to just buy it from a stockist. I'd think a brand new replacement might cost less than some other options like like cubic/CF printing.

You should be thankful you did not place your non-slip slightly further back or to the side, on the main dash panel.

ok fixed link..

yeah, something in my mind just keep telling me to jus place it at ctr n not on main dash

samng189

Reaction score
care to share the photo again, see if I can do a separation for you or the material had actually eats into the plastic surface.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.